Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

So is this similar to IPS glow because my understanding is that occurs because the screen lacks a polarised layer? I really hope this isn't the same thing because I have grown to really despise the glow on my IPS panel over the years and the last thing I want is to own another screen with the same issue!!!
It certainly doesn't look like IPS glow, it's almost like if you shine a light at it, it sucks it up and "lights" up the blacks, sounds stupid but that's easiest way I can describe it, the blacks don't glow they just don't have that deep perfect black of LG C series would have

It certainly doesn't look like IPS glow, it's almost like if you shine a light at it, it sucks it up and "lights" up the blacks, sounds stupid but that's easiest way I can describe it, the blacks don't glow they just don't have that deep perfect black of LG C series would have
From experience of having other AW QD-OLED's, it's not something that ever bothered me as I would mostly game at night (work during the day).

So am I right in assuming that having backlighting behind the monitor is a bad thing for QD-OLEDs? I ask because I see that the 27" monitor has a '27' and Alienware alien head light on the rear of the monitor. I used LED strip lighting on the rear of my Sony LCD TV to make the blacks look deeper but stopped as soon as I upgraded to an OLED TV as the blacks were already black.

So am I right in assuming that having backlighting behind the monitor is a bad thing for QD-OLEDs? I ask because I see that the 27" monitor has a '27' and Alienware alien head light on the rear of the monitor. I used LED strip lighting on the rear of my Sony LCD TV to make the blacks look deeper but stopped as soon as I upgraded to an OLED TV as the blacks were already black.
Behind be fine, infact I've started using it as ambient lighting to help eye strain etc when I'm up in early hours gaming

There is no back lighting on OLED monitors, each led is a pixel and the reason why the blacks are so black is because the pixel isn't lit, like a dead pixel if you wish. The purple effect will be more down to the direct light on the panel than the blacks being purple, at least that's my understanding of it.

There is no back lighting on OLED monitors, each led is a pixel and the reason why the blacks are so black is because the pixel isn't lit, like a dead pixel if you wish. The purple effect will be more down to the direct light on the panel than the blacks being purple, at least that's my understanding of it.
I believe he means lighting behind the monitor/TV, like the Govee kits or the built in LEDs some monitors have

The AW3225QF is now showing with shipping dates of the 23rd if you do the 'View Delivery Dates' on the store page. So I think there's a very good chance we'll see a bump up in deliveries soon.

Last edited:
Is everyone who has ordered an AW2725DF using an NVIDIA GPU (G-SYNC)?
Nope, AMD here :cool: :p

Also regarding the raised blacks you should be fine providing you dont game it a bright room or have lights shining at the screen. Behind is ok. You said you have curtains and blinds so you should be fine ;)

Also mine shipped and arriving tomorrow :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom