Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

My old dell SG32** was curved iirc, never bothered me much really, only curve that's bothered me has been Samsung's Neo G7 I believe it was, the mini led monitor they do which is like 1000R
I've got the DWF as well currently and the picture is great, the vibrancy of the colours amazing... I just can't come to love/like the curvature

Woohoo my AW2725DF's coming tomorrow as well =)

Just checked the support side and noticed it has a critical update:

Dated: Jan 10th, Version: M3B102, A00-00

"CRITICAL
Dell Technologies highly recommends applying this important update as soon as possible. The update contains critical bug fixes and changes to improve functionality, reliability, and stability of your Dell system. It may also include security fixes and other feature enhancements."

Maybe it comes updated already but if not i'll apply it asap.

Last edited:
I've got the same update as everyone else with estimated delivery tomorrow but I'm 50/50 on it being tomorrow or Friday that it ends up being delivered.

If Dell are anything like where I work, they'll have sorted all the UPS shipping labels but they won't be collected by UPS until late tonight / early tomorrow. So it'll be some that receive tomorrow and others on Friday depending on how far they need to travel to a hub / distribution centre.

I've got the same update as everyone else with estimated delivery tomorrow but I'm 50/50 on it being tomorrow or Friday that it ends up being delivered.

If Dell are anything like where I work, they'll have sorted all the UPS shipping labels but they won't be collected by UPS until late tonight / early tomorrow. So it'll be some that receive tomorrow and others on Friday depending on how far they need to travel to a hub / distribution centre.

I order loads from Dell at work and generally most stuff arrives next day even if you order late afternoon.
Also with out of stock items they almost always arrive before the estimated date.

I changed my delivery location last night from my house to the collection point nearby as I wasn't likely to be about when it arrives - just had an alert that it's arrived at the collection point now! So should be able to head over at midday to grab it!

I've entrusted the wife to receive the delivery. She best not let me down! :-p

What Windows setting have people been using to help prevent burn in with OLED? Usual things like dark mode, auto hide taskbar and set screen saver to come on after a few minutes? Is there anything else I'm missing? Or do you even bother with these at all?

Back
Top Bottom