Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
@Darren1967 Honestly I'd just set windows to turn of display after like 1-2min, also I wouldn't worry about leaving something on screen for couple minutes, I mean on my CX I played WoW everyday on it for months doing M+, so for most part everyday for couple hours or so it'd have mostly static UI on screen and never had a issue
I do the same, set it in windows to turn the display off after 3 minutes of activity.

Soldato
It's arrived...just outside the window of delivery. Now to resist for the rest of the afternoon and get my Philips Hue attached to the back :cry:

G3owJaf.jpeg

Associate
Does anyone know why the AW2725DF monitor doesn't support NVIDIA's DSR? On my previous 27" 165 Hz 1440p ASUS PG279Q using DisplayPort 1.2 I could enable DSR in the NVIDIA control panel and downsample games from up to 5K (5120x2880) but the DSR options are completely missing from the NVIDIA control panel with this monitor, even if I lower the refresh rate to 60 Hz.

Does the AW3225QF support DSR?

Man of Honour
Does anyone know why the AW2725DF monitor doesn't support NVIDIA's DSR? On my previous 27" 165 Hz 1440p ASUS PG279Q using DisplayPort 1.2 I could enable DSR in the NVIDIA control panel and downsample games from up to 5K (5120x2880) but the DSR options are completely missing from the NVIDIA control panel with this monitor, even if I lower the refresh rate to 60 Hz.

Does the AW3225QF support DSR?
The AW2725DF doesn't support it as you've seen, i've found the same. It will be related to the use of DSC as explained here:

Soldato
Is there an ETA for them?

Edit : just seen this. Only see 32 inch plus models? Bit too big for me
27" 1440p 480Hz will be out later this year, so there is unfortunately a wait, but with the a standard sub-pixel layout, higher brightness, and it doesn't suffer from raised blacks (not really an issue for most), it should be a winner.

Only suggested it since you already have an OLED, but if you have an itchy trigger finger, it's not like the QD-OLEDs are bad - text will definitely be better.

Associate
my 27" AW2725DF didn't either. very odd
Strange, must be rushing these out ASAP.

First impressions are good, doesn't look like the bubble wrap has left many, if any, marks.

The sharpness is an immediate upgrade. It is a bit of a shock going from ultra wide back to 16:9, but over the next few days I'm expecting I'll adjust to that ok.

Caporegime
Strange, must be rushing these out ASAP.

First impressions are good, doesn't look like the bubble wrap has left many, if any, marks.

The sharpness is an immediate upgrade. It is a bit of a shock going from ultra wide back to 16:9, but over the next few days I'm expecting I'll adjust to that ok.

You coming from the AW 34 QD-OLED?

Associate
You coming from the AW 34 QD-OLED?
Yep :). Need to try out some rpg games and see how I find it compared to the 34", still got that in my other rig.

Just done the firmware upgrade as it's not shipped with M2B102. Need to move my rtx 3080 from my other pc into this one for some proper gaming, don't think a 2060 is going to cut it :cry:

Caporegime
Yep :). Need to try out some rpg games and see how I find it compared to the 34", still got that in my other rig.

Just done the firmware upgrade as it's not shipped with M2B102. Need to move my rtx 3080 from my other pc into this one for some proper gaming, don't think a 2060 is going to cut it :cry:

Nice! Let us know how you find it compared to the aw 34 after you have tested it a fair bit :)

Soldato
Got things set up now, a lot bigger than I remember a 32inch monitor being...but it's absolutely fine on the desk.

The pictures don't do it justice but the screen is stunning, the black levels are something else (used the LG HDR video) but I've yet to try any games etc.

For those curious the 27inch Hue Play Gradient works perfectly with this size of monitor given it essentially is big enough to attach to the plastic back. Will provide some more impressions later on.

HK11XSJ.jpeg

rXl3FSg.jpeg

dxdafbv.jpeg

l1RKUid.jpeg

Associate
Has anyone suffered with any headaches related to OLED monitors at all?

It's the first time today that I've actually struggled with it a little and it's something I've never had before. I couldn't work out if it was due to a particularly taxing morning of work but swapping to another monitor and they seemed to disappear quite quickly...

Back
Top Bottom