Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
Am I right in saying neither the AW3225QF or Samsung equivilant have usb c? I’m looking for a 32” 4k OLED gaming monitor with usb c for my work MacBook Pro and I don’t think there is one? Currently on a gigabyte m28u….
Yeah, neither of those 2 do. However, both the MSI and Gigabyte models do. The MSI model has 90w PD as well, whereas the Gigabyte only has 15w.

The AW2725DF does comes with a USB-C to DP 1.4 cable in the box, that's how I have my work Dell XPS 15 laptop connected to it (as Dell copied Apple's original approach of removing every port that might actually be useful). I think that's also partly because the AW2725DF model also only has one HDMI port and 2 DisplayPorts - whereas most monitors default to the reverse.

Associate
giphy.gif

:D

Complimentary cleaning cloth came in handy :D

Soldato
Highly tempted to pull the trigger on a AW3423DWF at the current discounted price. Makes it nearer £600 with various cashback and vouchers etc ... Bargain for such an awesome monitor!

Anyone got the DWF? How's it been for a mix of work and play? This would be my home office monitor so work by day games by night.

Soldato
Yeah, neither of those 2 do. However, both the MSI and Gigabyte models do. The MSI model has 90w PD as well, whereas the Gigabyte only has 15w.

The AW2725DF does comes with a USB-C to DP 1.4 cable in the box, that's how I have my work Dell XPS 15 laptop connected to it (as Dell copied Apple's original approach of removing every port that might actually be useful). I think that's also partly because the AW2725DF model also only has one HDMI port and 2 DisplayPorts - whereas most monitors default to the reverse.
Sorry I mean a USB hub too for my mouse and keyboard too. That way I can easily switch between two without faffing about with cables or other adaptors.

Soldato
Slightly highjacking this thread, would this work well with Macbook M1 Pro for work and PS5? Or is that resolution scaling still going to be a problem?

Last time I asked about monitors was about a year ago, it seemed for Macs & consoles there was still a huge amount of compromises needed.

Soldato
Highly tempted to pull the trigger on a AW3423DWF at the current discounted price. Makes it nearer £600 with various cashback and vouchers etc ... Bargain for such an awesome monitor!

Anyone got the DWF? How's it been for a mix of work and play? This would be my home office monitor so work by day games by night.

I got mine yesterday, with some minor OSD changes I've got great results. Lovely colour and contrast. Fine big screen, will take getting used to. Curve doesn't trouble me at all.

The response time and refresh is freaking awesome. Tried a few fast games like Doom Eternal and Redout 2 yesterday. This is really hard to describe... its like slow motion but it's not... it's accuracy we haven't been exposed to for years.

There's another discount in the UK Dell store this morning. Bargain of the year so far for the class of panel. I couldn't split hairs over other models at this price.

Soldato
I got the DWF yesterday too - loving it! What OSD changes did you make out of interest?
For SDR I'm using Creator mode with colour space clamped to sRGB. Changed Brightness to around 50-60. 43 was recommended by TFTCentral, but I think that's too dim.
Under Display HDR setting, using the 1000nits HDR preset. Disabled Dolby Vision, apparently Windows applies it regardless if the source is Dolby or HDR10, which can cause problems. Nice to have available though.

Back
Top Bottom