Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

On this Nvidia page they list the AW3225QF as Gsync compatible in an "upcoming driver".

Basically I might pull the trigger tonight and take advantage of the price reduction.

I just want assurance that I wont have any issues with Gsync.

Last edited:
On this Nvidia page they list the AW3225QF as Gsync compatible in an "upcoming driver".

Basically I might pull the trigger tonight and take advantage of the price reduction.

I just want assurance that I wont have any issues with Gsync.
You’re never going to get perfect adaptive sync on an OLED monitor, it’s just not how the tech works with regards to flicker.

I don’t have an issue with it, noticeable on the odd occasion but more often than not I can’t find fault. Others are the opposite.

I think if you go in ‘looking’ for it, you’re going to find issues.

Reactions: TNA
Been playing some more God of War. It's incredible. Pretty much perfect in my eyes.

Can't see me sending it back unless using macOS next week is beyond awful (hold your comments), which is doubtful.

Last edited:
z9bvUeo.jpeg

Just been on some games to get familiar with how they are now and even Seanu does not look impressed at losing width! :p

AaKeNVy.jpg

16.9 just looks so squashed on the sides.

Side note, dlss performance 3.7 even on 3440x1440 is incredible!

Last edited:
Ahhh so if I used something like DLSS Tweaks then dropping 3.7 into another game and it would default to E yes? Never used it so forgive my ignorance.

It should in theory if you drop in 3.7 nvginx file but I just use dlss tweaks anyway. Also dlss tweaks needs to be dropped into each game .exe folder i.e. @mrk will probably be able to confirm on what default preset 3.7 is

The Dell offer expires on the 28th so you've got time to decide. The current DWF price is a very good price.

And annoyingly I've just checked again and they've increased the discount some more for the QF, and I can pick it up for £783.19 with discount code. Cheeky ******* lol
they did that tonight! i bought it a few hours ago and i could've got it for £40 less than now!!!

Preset E is only out of the box for a game that ships with DLSS 3.7 dll files. If you manually update an older game to 3.7 dll then you'll need to DLSStweaks the E preset for each DLSS mode.

Gsync works perfectly on the latest studio driver. Doesn't seem any different to on the DW and the Gsync indicator shows in games too

Back
Top Bottom