Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Soldato
This 32" 4K, 240Hz monitor seems to be exactly what a lot of people have been after. Once prices settle I can see them selling as many as they can make.

Reactions: TNA
Associate
Associate
Same release date for the 27 incher. I'm so glad they went with black/dark grey, and not white. And a similar design on the rear of the monitor to the DWF... would be the perfect companion to my DWF. Salivating xD
I see the 27" spec sheet says:
NVIDIA® G-SYNC® = No
AMD FreeSync™ Technology = Yes, AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro
VESA AdaptiveSync Display Certification = Yes

Does anyone know if this means the screen just doesn't have the G-Sync module, or whether it means no G-Sync Compatible support at all :confused:

Soldato
I see the 27" spec sheet says:
NVIDIA® G-SYNC® = No
AMD FreeSync™ Technology = Yes, AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro
VESA AdaptiveSync Display Certification = Yes

Does anyone know if this means the screen just doesn't have the G-Sync module, or whether it means no G-Sync Compatible support at all :confused:

It'll be G-Sync compatible like the current DWF

Soldato
OP
Its Gsync compatible, its just not Gsync certified so they can't claim it is. It will still work.

The 32 inch version has "Gsync = Yes" but it doesn't have a gsync module, its just because that one is certified

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If there is a big enough difference in price I may end up with the 27" one. Nice PPI like I had before. But 32" would be perfect really. Could even do ultrawide on it if I ever wanted in a certain games. Probably wouldn't though.

Associate
Have there been any other 32 inchers announced using this curved screen? I'm wondering if using it allowed Dell to get to market immediately whereas the flat gang have to wait for quantity to build up.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Coupon stacking stopped working ages ago.

That has happened many times over the years. They fix it and then randomly starts working again now and then.

I will wait for an Amex or one of my other cards to do a £100 cash back, then TCB and a coupon or two on top should bring the price down to something palatable hopefully.

In no rush anyway. Hardly had any time for gaming of late.

Soldato
That has happened many times over the years. They fix it and then randomly starts working again now and then.

I will wait for an Amex or one of my other cards to do a £100 cash back, then TCB and a coupon or two on top should bring the price down to something palatable hopefully.

In no rush anyway. Hardly had any time for gaming of late.

I think I have that Dell ERP thingy through work, sometimes get discount on Bluelight or Defence discount too but iirc they were not stacking at the time of the other one, think I paid £800 for it. Not that I need a monitor.

Reactions: TNA
Associate
A couple of reviews are up;

32 inch

27 inch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom