Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
The thumbnail, title and initial positioning were way OTT, suggesting it's a major problem and broken. when in fact he's really trying to use it in a non-standard way. very odd
Literally all of his vids are like that. He will see an announcement of anything and then have OLED IS DEAD on the thumbnail, then the next day day have something like OLED KING IS HERE ITS OVER FOR LCD and then the day after be like DO NOT BUY THIS for the same screen

Soldato
I dont think they do, maybe ask customer service?
Thinking about it the 14 day distance selling regulation could come into play

Edit: just checked on Dell's site. You can return within 14 days and there is no restocking fee :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Literally all of his vids are like that. He will see an announcement of anything and then have OLED IS DEAD on the thumbnail, then the next day day have something like OLED KING IS HERE ITS OVER FOR LCD and then the day after be like DO NOT BUY THIS for the same screen
Yeah I’ve seen the same. I have lost track of the number of times he’s declared an “end game” monitor! A personal pet hate that one

Caporegime
Cheers beefcake.
giphy.gif

Man of Honour
I haven't read all the posts on the thread, but do we know if these use PWM? I get the worst migraines from PWM OLED screens :(
Well no OLED use PWM as that’s a technology for dimming LCD backlights, but they’ll all have very minor flicker to the brightness, but nowhere near as drastic as PWM dimming. It’s tiny fluctuations. But if you’ve had problems before you’ll prob find the same here. If that’s what caused the problems that is

Associate
Well no OLED use PWM as that’s a technology for dimming LCD backlights, but they’ll all have very minor flicker to the brightness, but nowhere near as drastic as PWM dimming. It’s tiny fluctuations. But if you’ve had problems before you’ll prob find the same here. If that’s what caused the problems that is
thanks mate, but I am confused. I thought OLED used PWM to turn on/off the pixels at about 250hz. My experience is with phones and laptops so is that slightly different to TV/monitors?

Here is a website talking about PWM on AMOLED on a phone as an example: https://www.oled-info.com/pulse-width-modulation-pwm-oled-displays

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom