Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
qd

Aw.jpg

Woled

Woled.jpg

Both in same room. The aw is in the darker corner and the woled by the side were 1 of 4 curtains are open. No lights on. You can see the black border of the aw differentiate from the pixels already. The woled is still black. Camera on fixed settings and the woled in the lightest part of the room. Reflection is on both. In my case the aw has arguably worse reflection.

Last edited:
Associate
The 32" 4K OLED is what I'll be upgrading too once it's released.

Perfect monitor for my needs and it means I can connect my PS5 too it unlike my current UW.
You can connect ps5 to current UW - you get 27" 16/9 picture, VRR works(afair), 1440p works, its actually quite good for ps5.
Only thing thats not working is the 120Hz output, useful for 40fps games.

Last edited:
Associate
Been quite a few users with faulty AW3225QF monitors, and some getting messages on the screen during use saying "system maintenance required due to abnormal thermal behaviour".

Soldato
OP
Been quite a few users with faulty AW3225QF monitors, and some getting messages on the screen during use saying "system maintenance required due to abnormal thermal behaviour".

Yeah check Reddit, a few users who's monitors won't turn on, monitors with dead pixels, monitors that die after being used for a few minutes and even some reports of the hdmi port not working correctly

That overheating message is funny though, I've never heard of a monitor complaining to the user to stop using it because it's overheating

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom