alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
With the limited supply, I'd imagine they're being less liberal with discounts now. I ordered a couple weeks after you, and £970 was as low as I could get then after a few attempts. Seems it's gone even further now.

Cracking deal you got tho!

Only reason I havn't cancelled the dell order and got one else where no one will come close to the price they offered

Associate
Prices are high in whole Europe because of almost no stock anywhere, some shops here going as high as £1300, but if I recalculate exchange rate I got mine for about £975 from local shop last week an it was me paying £75 more just because of stock availability and immediate shipping.
Saw low stock for £923 today, but they were sold out between two refreshes of page (before friend manage to complete order).

I am wondering if low stock is due to low amount being manufactured or extremly high demand.

Associate
I've contacted a couple of Dell distributors in the UK, we only buy servers and other stuff from them and the alienware stuff is not classified as enterprise so they don;t stock or sell it. That is a retail product so I'll be following the same retail channel as you guys to buy it

Associate
Ordered mine 31 march. it's been delayed 3 times. ETA is 30 may. On the packing slip it's says shipping date is today. Last time it got delayed when it went past the shipping date so hopefully I will find out today or tomorrow if it's being delayed again or not!

Soldato
Ordered mine 31 march. it's been delayed 3 times. ETA is 30 may. On the packing slip it's says shipping date is today. Last time it got delayed when it went past the shipping date so hopefully I will find out today or tomorrow if it's being delayed again or not!

Yeah, mine had a shipping date of yesterday, but hasn't been shipped. So it's going to be delayed again I guess.

I hope yours is shipped, but I wouldn't be holding my breath tbh...

Associate
Yeah, mine had a shipping date of yesterday, but hasn't been shipped. So it's going to be delayed again I guess.

I hope yours is shipped, but I wouldn't be holding my breath tbh...

Nope not shipped! Delayed until 6 june. Shipping date is 1 june! Funny thing is when I ordered it was showing as out of stock and when I spoke to sales they said they had a few in stock. This is beyond a joke now. Its like they don't want to make money!

Associate
Nope not shipped! Delayed until 6 june. Shipping date is 1 june! Funny thing is when I ordered it was showing as out of stock and when I spoke to sales they said they had a few in stock. This is beyond a joke now. Its like they don't want to make money!

Exactly the same with me. ordered of the 31st march, been told they had stock and would be be with me on 4th May.. then delayed twice to delivery 30th may. Had an email from the Dell rep who was chasing for it for me yesterday to say it will be shipped yesterday but now cannot see anything on the order status.. it managed to work once last night at home and it still said it had not shipped... getting a bit peeved off with this.

Soldato
It's mental the distribution or lack thereof of this monitor from the multinational DELL. Someone should be fired somewhere along the line.

Have a class-conscious product with a firm 6 months or more advantage over the competition that is simply not capitalised on is a farce.

Associate
I am starting to wonder is "prioritise people who complain" is the standard practice but as we are all moaning its not working so well to calm the more impatient among us.

Caporegime
Wouldn't be surprised if they can't keep up with demand and have started shipping what stock they do have to areas where they make the most profit. Doesn't seem to be any stock issues in the US according to Reddit.

Associate
I've given up negotiating with the agents who keep fobbing me off now. Got them down to £1023 but the long wait means I've just ordered through Very with 10% off if you open a credit account. They've got stock and it will be delivered next Wednesday. A Dell agent also confirmed that buying from Very still includes the 3 year warranty and you can upgrade to 5 years at a later date. Plus will tie in nicely with the arrival of a 1080ti (OcUK) on Wednesday too :)

Last edited:
Associate
I've given up negotiating with the agents who keep fobbing me off now. Got them down to £1023 but the long wait means I've just ordered through Very with 10% off if you open a credit account. They've got stock and it will be delivered next Wednesday. A Dell agent also confirmed that buying from Very still includes the 3 year warranty and you can upgrade to 5 years at a later date. Plus will tie in nicely with the arrival of a 1080ti on Wednesday too :)

Awesome!! Thats great news, glad I did the same thing now!

Back
Top Bottom