alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Hopefully mine should be delivered today.

Code:
Date     Time     Location                        Activity
19/07/18 18:50    WWI - LUTTERWORTH               ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
19/07/18 17:13    WWI - LUTTERWORTH               FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
19/07/18 15:15    WWI - LUTTERWORTH               PICKED FROM HOLD
18/07/18 16:09    [email protected] 20/07/18       SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE.
17/07/18 15:32    NO PRECALL 18/07/18             SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE.
16/07/18 19:28    WWI - LUTTERWORTH               MERGE ITEMS PICKED.
16/07/18 18:18    PLAN COMMITTED                  NOTE.
15/07/18 10:25    MARCONI UNIT DELIVERY.
15/07/18 10:21    EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

Associate
is that with a black image or with the monitor just switched on ? you have to test it with a black image

That's with just the screen on I didn't realise it made a difference as it looks the same to the naked eye. I'll take another photo when I'm home from work with a black background

Associate
That's with just the screen on I didn't realise it made a difference as it looks the same to the naked eye. I'll take another photo when I'm home from work with a black background

Also try to reduce the brightness it seems that it is quite hight by default TFTCentral should have nice settings

Last edited:
Associate
Hopefully mine should be delivered today.

Code:
Date     Time     Location                        Activity
19/07/18 18:50    WWI - LUTTERWORTH               ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
19/07/18 17:13    WWI - LUTTERWORTH               FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
19/07/18 15:15    WWI - LUTTERWORTH               PICKED FROM HOLD
18/07/18 16:09    [email protected] 20/07/18       SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE.
17/07/18 15:32    NO PRECALL 18/07/18             SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE.
16/07/18 19:28    WWI - LUTTERWORTH               MERGE ITEMS PICKED.
16/07/18 18:18    PLAN COMMITTED                  NOTE.
15/07/18 10:25    MARCONI UNIT DELIVERY.
15/07/18 10:21    EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

Mine should arrive also today :D

Associate
Also try to reduce the brightness it seems that it is quite hight by default TFTCentral should have nice settings

Yeah I reduced it to 37 per their settings it did help. Should be able to spend a bit more time with it today

On the plus side just got an email from dell offering £50 refund for the late delivery so if anyone else wasted a day might be worth shooting them an email.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I need a bigger desk..

alienware_monitor.jpg

no dead or stuck pixels and OCed to 120hz. Now to make my 1070 OC scream.

Associate
I got mine delivered also :)

As expected there's a little BLB in the corners, makes no difference to me though. Great monitor.

Associate
Mine has arrived also, can't wait to test it at night to see if I have been lucky with BLB

Jesus I had to move my neck to find the save button on this forum

Associate
Long time lurker, first time post!
Congrats to all the new owners, gutted I missed the sale. The price is back up to £1100 on the Dell UK site (although it dipped to, bizarrely, £916.67 earlier this afternoon for a while).

I'm based in Ireland, and for some weird reason, the AW isn't available on the Irish Dell web store. I was thinking about making use of a mail re-delivery service, but I fear the box size might be too big for it. Could someone measure the box it ships in please? Apparently, it'll have the Dell international warranty covering it, even if I get it from the UK.

Associate
Congrats to all the new owners, gutted I missed the sale. The price is back up to £1100 on the Dell UK site (although it dipped to, bizarrely, £916.67 earlier this afternoon for a while).

I'm based in Ireland, and for some weird reason, the AW isn't available on the Irish Dell web store. I was thinking about making use of a mail re-delivery service, but I fear the box size might be too big for it. Could someone measure the box it ships in please? Apparently, it'll have the Dell international warranty covering it, even if I get it from the UK.

From the side on

45cm width
64cm height
92cm depth/length

It shipped in its actual box. There was no outer packaging for me at least.

Associate
got an image of the loading screen in Doom since ive been having a bash at that. This and if i watch video (and thus have black boxes either side of the video are really the only time I notice so I guess i could live with it, but do others have a more uniform black than this around the edges? the bottom left does bug me!

lc2Cui8.jpg

Soldato
got an image of the loading screen in Doom since ive been having a bash at that. This and if i watch video (and thus have black boxes either side of the video are really the only time I notice so I guess i could live with it, but do others have a more uniform black than this around the edges? the bottom left does bug me!

Gotta be honest, I wouldn't be happy with that.

But I am a fussy beggar when it comes to monitors.

I was even bugged by a mates old LCD with a dead pixel, mentioned it to him every time I went to his until he eventually got a new one! :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Can't seem to play any games, they keep crashing. Only started happening with this monitor. Any ideas? I did a clean install of the nVidia drivers.

Associate

I had the same thing. Was thinking about getting this a couple of months ago - glad I didn't, lots of delays in getting them to customers back then. Then the price drop last weekend hit. I chatted with a UK/Ireland sales rep: they will sell and deliver to Ireland, if that's your thing. The guy pretended to be unaware of the sale though, and wanted £1130 for it.... he dropped to £1016 after I pointed out about the sale. I noped out at that point, as I have another option. I'm originally from Coleraine in the north, so transferred money to my bro who still lives there, and got him to order from the site. It arrived yesterday, I've driven up after work to pick it up. The pictures don't do the size of the box justice....massive. Won't get a chance to see what it's like till the morning though.

Upside - if you can talk them down to a decent price, the sales reps are joint Ireland/UK and they will deliver to Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom