alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
is there a way to ask Dell for a replacement and keep the best of 2 ?

It's been about 8 years since I had to use Dell replacement, I recall asking them a similar question and was told no. From (hazy) memory, even though you have 2 monitors for a day between the new one being delivered and the old one returned, I recall they tracked the serial numbers and might get upset if you sent the wrong one back...

Soldato
After nearly two weeks of utter **** my monitor is finally being delivered. Said they'd refund me 5% of the monitor as a sorry.

23/07/18 19:00 WWI - LUTTERWORTH MERGE ITEMS PICKED.
23/07/18 18:25 PLAN COMMITTED NOTE.
23/07/18 13:05 MARCONI UNIT DELIVERY.
23/07/18 13:01 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

ETA says today but have a feeling it'll come tomorrow.

Gux

Gux

Associate
After nearly two weeks of utter **** my monitor is finally being delivered. Said they'd refund me 5% of the monitor as a sorry.

ETA says today but have a feeling it'll come tomorrow.

I ordered mine on the 21st and the expected delivery date is today, but the package hasn't even been shipped according to dell webpage.

If it doesn't come by friday this week, I am cancelling and getting something else.

Looking around on the internet and on this topic, the amount of pathetic delivery service from dell is a joke.

I am suprised you haven't cancelled your order. Clearly dell are lieing since this has been happening for years. This appears to dell standard service

Gux

Gux

Associate
Shocking stories here. My X34P arrived about 15 hours after I’d ordered it. :)

It's not just here. A quick google search will tell you that Dell is misleading their customers in order to take their cash. And it's been happening for years.

Like I said if it isn't delivered by Friday, I am taking my money somewhere else. Going to vote with my wallet and will not be bought out by Dell giving some extra warranty or 5% cashback. There's plenty of competitors with monitors they can actually deliver on time.

Last edited:
Associate
My monitor when delivered last week was delivered two days later then it should.. I have got email from Dell with apology. I asked for refund if possible.. yesterday morning I recieved email which comfirmed my refund of 7% from total item value (£639) was approved.

Happy days

I like Dell for this.

Associate
Tried to get the best price from the this morning on the AW3418 too and the best they'll do is £1,057. Trying to get them to budge but they wont move.
He did say they revise the prices every Thursday though

Last edited:
Soldato
FINALLY HAVE MY MONITOR. Good lord, this this is huge, already purchased an arm for it.

120Hz no problem so far, looking at profiles to get this thing ready.

Associate
FINALLY HAVE MY MONITOR. Good lord, this this is huge, already purchased an arm for it.

120Hz no problem so far, looking at profiles to get this thing ready.
Which arm ?? I am thinking about using an arm, the distance between the wall and this thing is massive, hopefully with an arm i can put it closer to the wall

Associate
Ok, so at first I thought the backlight bleed was minimal, however it appears to have gotten slightly worse. What's your thoughts on this, mainly the bottom corners...

pJt9wWC.jpg
HzNuVrU

HzNuVrU

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Does the BLB look very different depending on the angle of the camera? I also find that BLB looks worse in a photo compared to the naked eye. What brightness is the monitor set to?

Associate
Mine is very similar too. Bottom corners are worst. Brightness is on 80%. Honestly it's worse than I'd want when you're paying £800 but everything else about the monitor is so great I'm not too bothered. You don't notice it 99% of the time, though when you do it's a bit distracting.

I haven't done any calibration on it, what's the standard process?

OAEzQ6G.jpg

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Listen its happening because your screen is only 120hz limited. Everytime you go with your FPS over this number (120h you will get it...

You can turn on vsync on in game or use FPS limiter and set it to 118 for example.
I'm aware of the requirements for g-sync to work correctly, I've had 3 monitors :)
Every game I play has the fps set to just under 120.
The tearing is very slight, most people wouldn't notice it.

Back
Top Bottom