alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
Can't seem to play any games, they keep crashing. Only started happening with this monitor. Any ideas? I did a clean install of the nVidia drivers.
What games? Maybe it's a resolution thing? Is there a 1:1 pixel mapping option, and set your desktop resolution to something more usual - I hear there's issues with some game?

Associate
Hmmmm, Destiny 2 is what I've mostly been playing recently. Not sure if I will get home with my monitor from my brothers tomorrow, might be Sunday before I get a chance to try. D2 does support ultra wide as far as I know though....

Edit:

I had random crashes when I first started playing D2, was a while before I figured out it was vsync causing them. Was just hard crashes to desktop, no error messages at all. Disabling vsync made them go away. Was also getting random hitching with vsync on, screen would lock for a sec randomly.

Division would randomly crash at all times. You using the directx 12 or 11 version? the 12 crashes and gives weird artifacts for me.

Last edited:
Associate
The Division seems to be crashing for me even before I got this monitor :)

Haven't had any other issues, except for that sound Windows makes when a USB device is disconnected when the monitor is switched off, along with a Toast notification about G-Sync in the nVIDIA panel every time I turn it back on.

Associate
Alright I guess I want a replacement based on what I have seen from others on bleed.

Anyone know how good/bad dell are about this? Guess they will try and say its within tolerances or something

Associate
Alright I guess I want a replacement based on what I have seen from others on bleed.

Anyone know how good/bad dell are about this? Guess they will try and say its within tolerances or something

Try to take picture with camera/mobilephone bit further away from screen... something like 1.5m and you should get these brighter areas smaller i guess...

in reality my left bottom corner where is it brighter (blb, glow) is size of 5 cm horizontaly and 5 cm verticaly..

If I seat closer its get bigger much bigger.

If I press corner with finger it disappear completely !

It is not really bad. You simply have to expecting som form of BLB or ips glow with this technology...

Associate
Try to take picture with camera/mobilephone bit further away from screen... something like 1.5m and you should get these brighter areas smaller i guess...

in reality my left bottom corner where is it brighter (blb, glow) is size of 5 cm horizontaly and 5 cm verticaly..

If I seat closer its get bigger much bigger.

If I press corner with finger it disappear completely !

It is not really bad. You simply have to expecting som form of BLB or ips glow with this technology...

Your picture is exactly what it looks like in real life and yes it is annoying all these monitors aren't perfect.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The Division seems to be crashing for me even before I got this monitor :)

Haven't had any other issues, except for that sound Windows makes when a USB device is disconnected when the monitor is switched off, along with a Toast notification about G-Sync in the nVIDIA panel every time I turn it back on.

I think it's probably due to both games currently having issues with higher FPS output. Wouldn't have been an issue on my 60hz monitor previously.

Associate
Not had issues with gsync and pubg. Make sure your Gsync mode is full screen and window. Set vsync mode to FAST best option in my opinion. If you want to be sure gsync is working in nvidia control panel highlight "setup gsync" on left and go up to top menu and select "display" and gsync indicator. This will put a gsync tag on the display to show whether gsync is on or off in your game.
Thanks for the tip. Fast might have helped a bit, will be doing more testing today! So far I'm just struggling to hit 100 FPS in everything with my poor 980Ti :D

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I occasionally notice tearing in some games, but it's slight and spread out in chunks, unlike the giant rips you got pre gsync.
You have to see vivid contrast in colours to notice it - like a light blue poster against a black wall.
It's not as jarring as non-gsync tearing but it's annoying when I catch it
I am wondering if it is related to the 120 overclock or just the way it is.
Anyone else had this?
I've noticed it on other gsync monitors but only in rare situations.

Associate
https://ibb.co/cS6xKJ

What do you think about my BLB? should I return it? the bottom left it is quote annoying.

The image was taken using a camera not the mobile

When you take the picture at 1 metre is not that bad, is when you are in front of it using it when it is more obvious

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato

What do you think about my BLB? should I return it? the bottom left it is quote annoying.

When you take the picture at 1 metre is not that bad, is when you are in front of it using it when it is more obvious

That doesn't look too bad to me, though I'm no expert on IPS BLB. Can you ever notice BLB in normal use (ie not a completely black screen)?

Associate
That doesn't look too bad to me, though I'm no expert on IPS BLB. Can you ever notice BLB in normal use (ie not a completely black screen)?
It looks similar to my screen, completely invisible unless almost completely black screeen and in dark room.
If there are no other issues with screen I would be quite happy with that as you have almost zero chance to get screen completely without BLB, especialy on curved screens.

Associate
It looks similar to my screen, completely invisible unless almost completely black screeen and in dark room.
If there are no other issues with screen I would be quite happy with that as you have almost zero chance to get screen completely without BLB, especialy on curved screens.
is there a way to ask Dell for a replacement and keep the best of 2 ?

Associate
I occasionally notice tearing in some games, but it's slight and spread out in chunks, unlike the giant rips you got pre gsync.
You have to see vivid contrast in colours to notice it - like a light blue poster against a black wall.
It's not as jarring as non-gsync tearing but it's annoying when I catch it
I am wondering if it is related to the 120 overclock or just the way it is.
Anyone else had this?
I've noticed it on other gsync monitors but only in rare situations.

Listen its happening because your screen is only 120hz limited. Everytime you go with your FPS over this number (120h you will get it...

You can turn on vsync on in game or use FPS limiter and set it to 118 for example.

Associate

It is absolutely alright... i think you are picky.. you not ment to be seating that close of this monitor anyway... at least 1 meter.

Back
Top Bottom