alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Would you consider selling it at the price Dell have offered to keep it?

I did consider it but it was too much hassle. The approval for the 10% isn't guaranteed either. Even if was able to get it down to 610 and sell it for 610 it's a ton of extra hassle for me and finding a seller local because I wouldn't want to ship it.

Where as tomorrow it will be picked up by Dell and I'll have my money back.

Nwn

Nwn

Associate
I just received mine this morning....It seems working on 120 hz perfect at least 1h :D Model date 2018 43 week. The box came with 1 missing plastic seal, I can see 'normal glow' in left buttom corner, but I think is 'normal'. I tried BF5 immediatly, looks great, just one think I noticed that samsung cf791 text more clear..

some photos vs cf791

https://imgur.com/a/4kcMQhS

Last edited:
Associate
Would you guys accept a 20% partial refund for 1 stuck green pixel, or should I return the monitor? The stuck pixel is at the bottom left corner area. The rest of the panel is actually very good.

Soldato
Would you guys accept a 20% partial refund for 1 stuck green pixel, or should I return the monitor? The stuck pixel is at the bottom left corner area. The rest of the panel is actually very good.

I wouldn't...I hate dead/stuck pixels.

Every time you look at the panel it will stare back at you, into the very depths of your soul, haunting you until the bitter end.

Associate
I wouldn't...I hate dead/stuck pixels.

Every time you look at the panel it will stare back at you, into the very depths of your soul, haunting you until the bitter end.

Ha, you have a point. Sometimes it leaves my peripheral vision, but it's still there, it's just hiding in the corner. I've tried various pixel healing tools but none have worked.

The 20% refund knocks the price down a lot, but I know that if I keep the monitor then I have to live with that pixel forever. Annoying.

Soldato
Ha, you have a point. Sometimes it leaves my peripheral vision, but it's still there, it's just hiding in the corner. I've tried various pixel healing tools but none have worked.

The 20% refund knocks the price down a lot, but I know that if I keep the monitor then I have to live with that pixel forever. Annoying.

I tend to keep monitors for years, I'm hoping my current one will see me out.

That being the case, I'd sooner one with zero pixel defects that wouldn't bug me every time I looked at it.

Associate
I think the monitor would work out at £500 with the partial refund, but I'm debating whether to just get a full refund. The replacement might have other issues. Buying monitors can be an unnecessarily painful task.

Nwn

Nwn

Associate
I've decided to keep mine, the glow picked up on the camera is far worse than the naked eye.

I have no dead pixels which is a bonus in the monitor lottery draw.

Dont worry, I just testing mine, received today, my also got glow , even looks maybe worse than yours, but just on phone photo, in real is different.. Mine just got left side buttom small amount and maybe top left, but when you take photo, it looks like half monitor. So at this moment testing on games. No dead pixels.

https://imgur.com/a/Nlfdxf6

Associate
Thanks for the heads up.
I'm looking to buy this or the LG 34gk950 f or g, but seeing as neither are in stock anywhere, the price has swung it in the Dells favour.

How is everyone finding this monitor? I will be coming from a 27" 1440p 144hz BenQ XL2730Z

Caporegime
How is everyone finding this monitor? I will be coming from a 27" 1440p 144hz BenQ XL2730Z

The alienware is one of the very best Ultrawide's I've had (had one briefly, had to go back). The build quality is second to none, stand is built like a tank. I loved it, but decided on the LG in my sig in the end :)

Associate
Yeah, I've been looking at loads of reviews and it looks like a real well made beast!
I was looking at the monitor you have, there are a few b grades available, but that's not a route I really want to go down when it's such a large chunk of cash.
I think I'll just pull the trigger instead of overthinking it, I'm sure it will blow me away :)

Associate
That moment when you in the middle of purchasing a house and have no furniture apart from PC and desk...AND trying to justify and convince your fiance that this monitor is a nessesary piece of furnishing we require...right about now:D

Associate
Really good looking monitor, I've been eyeing these up for a while and that's a hell of a price. Real shame I can't afford it at the moment.

<drums fingers>

<curses forum>

Mine arrives on Tuesday. Hate you guys. :mad:

Associate
Agreed you need balls to do it on a big purchase, or to be extremely stupid like me :D

I might have got lucky, but with the price of the Alienware and Dells CS and return policy it was an easy decision. TBH the Dell was the one I had my eye on for quite a while, it was only recently that I became aware of the LG.

Glad I bit the bullet last night, got up to£895 today

Back
Top Bottom