alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
Sorry, poor context. I got my X34P for £629.99, that’s what I meant by ‘nearly £200 more’.

I totally get where you are coming from on this, I still had a hard time pushing the buy button at £815 knowing I could have saved £63 if I had been decisive. At the end of the day it is still a really good price and an extra £63 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things for what we are getting. Still though £200 extra over the X34P is a lot to stomach I guess but is there anything comparable close to the price that you paid for the Acer that you like?

Associate
Well my monitor has arrived. I have to say it is miles better than my old LG 34" superwide. I've no dead pixels and backlight bleed is almost zero. Time for some BF V I think :)

Oh, monitor profiles. Do you just right click on them and install ?

G-Sync on in NCP. V-Sync on in NCP. Overclocked to 120Htz.

*Edit: I'm not sure if it's me but text within Windows 10 just seems ever so slightly blurred. Is there something I'm missing ? I think I've installed the correct profile from the net but I'm not 100% certain it's taken...

Last edited:
Associate
Well my monitor has arrived. I have to say it is miles better than my old LG 34" superwide. I've no dead pixels and backlight bleed is almost zero. Time for some BF V I think :)

Oh, monitor profiles. Do you just right click on them and install ?

G-Sync on in NCP. V-Sync on in NCP. Overclocked to 120Htz.

Congrats on getting a good one mate, mine turned up today as well but I've only just had the chance to set it up and it looks like I have lucked out as well. No dead pixels that I can see and no back light bleed either very happy! :)

Just need to get a longer display port cable as the one supplied is not long enough for my desk set-up.

Soldato
I recommend those that have this monitor or any monitor for that face buy a program called : WALLPAPER ENGINE on steam :) it is truly amazing bit of software for displaying wallpapers and moving images as desktop backgrounds and it has a massive community feedback and walls for us ultrawide monitor guru`s :)

Associate
Did you use the TFT central profile for the monitor? I don't know but 37% on brightness seems a little low for me.

Aye mate. I found the brightness last night too much for me so I have set it to 37% and it's not perfect. It's all personal preference at the end of the day. I like the curve on the monitor too. My old LG had a curve but this is a bit more noticable.

Nwn

Nwn

Associate
Mine is comming tommorow, just receive email from dell. Today I saw the price is again 1099.... I paid 869 with pro assist.

Associate
I've had this for 3 months now, with only 2 issues:

1. there is a slight glow in all four corners, this is part of the technology, it's probably better than the competition

2. twice my monitor went into the power button flashing red and couldn't get anything on the screen. The first time I almost sent it back as the google solution of unplugging it didn't work, it turns out you need to unplug it for at least a minute.

Overall I'm happy with everything except the glow, although I knew exactly this is the way they came before I bought it. It's really only noticeable in youtube, netflix etc when content isn't super wide and you're in a dark room.

8.5/10 as it stands, 10/10 if they ever get rid of the glow.

Soldato
Do all of these have a yellow right side of screen? Or is it actually possible to get one without that?

Example from a Review (different monitor, same panel) :

Acer-X34P-warmer-right-side.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm returning mine.

It's a fantastic monitor once again, but I can't see myself using the full potential. I also really want a high PPI retina experience since I spend 90% of my time looking at text. So ultimately I'll be picking up a Mac in the near year, most likely a 5k 27".

Also PC gaming isn't great value these days as well. I'll likely pick up a 55" OLED and a PS5 for cheaper than a decent specced PC.

When I contacted Dell about my return, they did say about getting authorisation for a 10% discount if I was to keep it. That would have made the monitor 610 (paid 677) which is pretty crazy price. May be worth chancing it with a "fake" return to see if you can get that 10%.

Caporegime
I'm returning mine.

It's a fantastic monitor once again, but I can't see myself using the full potential. I also really want a high PPI retina experience since I spend 90% of my time looking at text. So ultimately I'll be picking up a Mac in the near year, most likely a 5k 27".

Also PC gaming isn't great value these days as well. I'll likely pick up a 55" OLED and a PS5 for cheaper than a decent specced PC.

When I contacted Dell about my return, they did say about getting authorisation for a 10% discount if I was to keep it. That would have made the monitor 610 (paid 677) which is pretty crazy price. May be worth chancing it with a "fake" return to see if you can get that 10%.
Would you consider selling it at the price Dell have offered to keep it?

Back
Top Bottom