alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
I'm not totally sure whether to bite the bullet anyway. I'd much rather grab the PG34VQ when it is out, but I'd rather not wait until next Christmas. So given that it's not what I reaaally want price is super important.

Associate
I'm not totally sure whether to bite the bullet anyway. I'd much rather grab the PG34VQ when it is out, but I'd rather not wait until next Christmas. So given that it's not what I reaaally want price is super important.
That's exactly my issue. HDR is the next tick box but I'm not too fussed as I'm coming from a TN panel. Plus even my 1080ti will struggle going above 100 fps on games at this res.

Just spot to the chat and could only get it down to £990. Seems a bit steep compared to 5 days ago! £100 difference.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Better make your minds up gents, trusting gives out my email address which I'm not doing for the fun of it.

Associate
Better make your minds up gents, trusting gives out my email address which I'm not doing for the fun of it.
Do believe I sent you a message via the Trust system. Although honestly I'm not sure. Haha. There doesn't appear to be a trail system on it?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Do believe I sent you a message via the Trust system. Although honestly I'm not sure. Haha. There doesn't appear to be a trail system on it?
You both did, but now you're saying your not sure if you wanna buy it or not.

Associate
They aren't matching old quotes from the couple of agents I tried. So if you're worried about your personal email address don't worry about it. I'll just grab it at £990. I had budgeted £1,000 for a new monitor anyway. :)

Soldato
Is there anything that comes close the specs of this monitor on the AMD/FreeSync side?

Pretty much sold on this monitor, but it means I'd have to defect from the red team to the green team...

(May be a good excuse to pick up a rumoured GTX 2080...!)

Associate
Is there anything that comes close the specs of this monitor on the AMD/FreeSync side?

Pretty much sold on this monitor, but it means I'd have to defect from the red team to the green team...

(May be a good excuse to pick up a rumoured GTX 2080...!)

If you're spending that much on a monitor, worth getting a gpu that's going to get the best from that resolution/refresh rate. Going green makes sense.

Soldato
Wow. I would def agree with the CPU upgrade. And I thought I was hard done by still running an old 2500k.

Back on topic, my estimated del date for this monitor is still mid-march. Hopefully it comes sooner.

Associate

Meh I'm gonna go for it. Looks like the PG35VQ isn't out until around Christmas and that's really too long to wait.

They aren't matching old quotes from the couple of agents I tried. So if you're worried about your personal email address don't worry about it. I'll just grab it at £990. I had budgeted £1,000 for a new monitor anyway. :)

So do I need any extra info or should I just start asking for a lower price on the web chat until they agree?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Meh I'm gonna go for it. Looks like the PG35VQ isn't out until around Christmas and that's really too long to wait.

So do I need any extra info or should I just start asking for a lower price on the web chat until they agree?

I've replied.

That was the last one folks, plenty others here have put in orders they can share :)

D3K

D3K

Soldato
It was listed for £916 earlier as the regular price. It seems to change very frequently.
It's not the price that changes, but the search rankings for the page that shows either price inc. VAT, or ex.VAT.

£916 is ex.VAT. It's quite annoying.

Associate
It's not the price that changes, but the search rankings for the page that shows either price inc. VAT, or ex.VAT.

£916 is ex.VAT. It's quite annoying.

Yeah I just realised that! Looks like their web chat isn't working or is closed at the moment. Were you guys using the web chat or sending emails?

Associate
I just jumped on web chat and spoke to a few agents. Most of them said there were no offers available. Not sure if they're tracking your cookies to see if you have an offer in already as I even tried different alias / VPN connections. Haha.

I couldn't get them to budge from £990 even using D3K's quotation number (Thanks for that!) however I already had the £990 offer on the table so that may be why - It was within my budget and I was set on the monitor anyway so £110 saving isn't to be sniffed at. It was enough for me.

Although the delivery time is predicting end of March so stock may now be at very low levels / non-existent. So if you want it quick you may want to look else where anyway.

Back
Top Bottom