alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I just jumped on web chat and spoke to a few agents. Most of them said there were no offers available. Not sure if they're tracking your cookies to see if you have an offer in already as I even tried different alias / VPN connections. Haha.

I couldn't get them to budge from £990 even using D3K's quotation number (Thanks for that!) however I already had the £990 offer on the table so that may be why - It was within my budget and I was set on the monitor anyway so £110 saving isn't to be sniffed at. It was enough for me.

Although the delivery time is predicting end of March so stock may now be at very low levels / non-existent. So if you want it quick you may want to look else where anyway.
E-mail the sales man directly

Soldato
Holy Jesus, he's still running a Core2Duo!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:D

Gaming on my HTPC which is an i5/GTX960, so don't feel too sorry for me ;)

I agree that the CPU/memory situation is more pressing than a new monitor. I would recommend spending £600 for a Ryzen setup than £1000 on a monitor.

Yup, whole new system needed - waiting for Zen+ to drop :)

Sounds like NV/G-Sync might be the only way to go though... I wanted an all red team rig!

Associate
I just jumped on web chat and spoke to a few agents. Most of them said there were no offers available. Not sure if they're tracking your cookies to see if you have an offer in already as I even tried different alias / VPN connections. Haha.

I couldn't get them to budge from £990 even using D3K's quotation number (Thanks for that!) however I already had the £990 offer on the table so that may be why - It was within my budget and I was set on the monitor anyway so £110 saving isn't to be sniffed at. It was enough for me.

Although the delivery time is predicting end of March so stock may now be at very low levels / non-existent. So if you want it quick you may want to look else where anyway.
Try using web chat on mobile

Associate
Well I have tried a few times today but now keep getting the same reps. Out of the three different reps I connected with the best offer I got was £935 (the others offering £990 and no discount at all). Also haven't heard from D3K's rep.

Associate
Their website still says 3-5 weeks for stock, my delivery date hasn't changed either... still 28th March :(
The rainforest store has stock. I haven't seen many other places that does.

I'd happily wait 3 weeks for £100+ saving. That's so much takeaway. Haha.

Associate
I spotted this thread while researching and thought I would add my experience to help others. I went onto Dell chat this morning and got a 999euro ( 890gbp) quote with little to no haggling. I can't say no for that price even though the delivery time is stated as 10th April. Hopefully they get it shipped before then.

Mobster
Soldato
I spotted this thread while researching and thought I would add my experience to help others. I went onto Dell chat this morning and got a 999euro ( 890gbp) quote with little to no haggling. I can't say no for that price even though the delivery time is stated as 10th April. Hopefully they get it shipped before then.

Thats good, but shows just how inconsistent they are with their offers.

Associate
Basically "I'm interested in the AW3418DW, could you look at what's the best price please?" If they come back with a high first offer, say £990 or something, I just call it a day. If it's something half good, I then ask for the second hit. Like others have said, I've only ever had two spins of the wheel.

Lowest I've had before was £935 (a few others have had the same). Today was the first below that.
I think if I had not read the £830/850 posts I'd have taken them at the £913. The minds a strange thing.....

Associate
Basically "I'm interested in the AW3418DW, could you look at what's the best price please?" If they come back with a high first offer, say £990 or something, I just call it a day. If it's something half good, I then ask for the second hit. Like others have said, I've only ever had two spins of the wheel.

Lowest I've had before was £935 (a few others have had the same). Today was the first below that.
I think if I had not read the £830/850 posts I'd have taken them at the £913. The minds a strange thing.....

I've had a pretty similar experience and have been mentioning that the Acer Z35p is pretty similar and is currently going for £750 for some added pressure. Different salespeople will give you different quotes though so you have to keep trying. Keep in mind pretty much all of them eventually claim their best offer is the best that is even possible - but it's not true. I had been told £990 is the lowest possible price, only for the next rep to offer £990, then the next say retail is the lowest possible, the next £935 etc. I have yet to convince a rep to reduce the price a second time though, despite continuing to push them to lower it and signalling that I won't bite unless they do. That's when they usually pull the "it's out of my hands" excuse.

But likewise knowing others have managed to snag it for sub £900 though makes me want to get the same deal - I feel like i'm being taken advantage of otherwise.

Associate
@Matt B Mine was 999.01 euro too haha. Every little helps I guess.

@LambChop I have tried twice, once a few week ago when I was just interested and I got a £910 offer and once today where I got the £890 offer. I didn't even push for cheaper as I think that is a banging deal for what you are getting. I just said in a nutshell "Hey I have this much money and want to buy this today if possible. What can you do for me?"

Back
Top Bottom