** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, both teams will offer the same... but he'll choose Citeh based on footballng reasons...

Who's the better bet, for next five seasons, as things stand?

If we were willing to spend the same as city to get him then I'd bet on us with that being the trend.

The thing is, City have just got too many people they want to play up front.

If they don't get rid of anyone (such as?), how do you think they'll line up in future?

Aguero is always going to start, so what about Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko? Okay, they can play two up front.

Dzeko's going to stay I reckon, and they will probably get the striker from Napoli also imo

Tevez has pushed the club too far (and if anyone can, they can afford to write his contract off), as for Balotelli, this will be an interesting thing to watch. Mancini obviously feels close to him, but did the player push too far - I think the only thing that can be said is at this point MB isnt definite to last the summer at City.

Then for creative midfielders they have Nasri and Silva, will either of them want to be on the bench a lot? I doubt it. Often in tough games they'll push Toure up and play De Jong in DM anyway.

Toure has already been quoted as wanting a new challange.....will he definitely stay? I really dont know, but given that City will play at least 50/60 games a season, there is more than enough for two 1st choice AM's if toure does leave (especially if RM decides to play both of them in some games)

No, the trophy cabinet is proof of past success :confused:. Manyoo have a great manager, and a bunch of very good players... but they need to spend significant amounts to remain competitive enough to challenge for everything, and no one can be sure they'll be willing to do so (other than David Gill/Alex Ferguson/the Glazers)... especially with the news about another £70m leaving the club, to go towards debt.

Given the small margin that Utd lost the league by, I dont think anyone can argue that Utd are stll on the same level as City, given the g/k situation and 1st choice injuries in distinct positions for very long periods at Utd, - even considering any margin City might potentially improve by next season , no reason at all why Utd still cant be there , even with current squad.

Utd dont need vast amounts spending (even though this would help), they need less critical/long term injuries

Last edited:
You'll have to stick it in a translator if you're not French, but this place is meant to be fairly reliable and they said he's chosen Man Utd: http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lille/lille-hazard-choisit-manchester-united-850961.shtml

Reportedly, the attacking midfielder Eden Hazard of Lille decided to sign with Manchester United. And despite competition from City and Chelsea. A five-year lease expects the Belgian international.

The series draws to a close. After giving a few weeks ago his word to Tottenham , who eventually had to fall back on tracks more suited to their means, Eden Hazard (21 years), the attacking midfielder of Lille, has finally decided to pursue his career under the colors of Manchester United. And despite the strong interest from Manchester City which seemed to hold the rope (Roberto Mancini, the manager of Citizens, may try to console themselves with the Montpellier Younes Belhanda ) or Chelsea, who is charged to income over the last days, Arsenal being disqualified for a while now.

According to an English source, under contract until June 2015 with the club president Michel Seydoux, the Belgian international has been convinced by the speech of Sir Alex Ferguson, manager of the Reds, who had also targeted the Spaniard Iker Muniain (19 years, Athletic Bilbao) . The transaction is estimated at forty million for a five-year lease. Anxious to continue his career on the other side of the Channel, the Red Devil should receive around ten million euros gross per year.

Last edited:

Well given it would (possibly) be approximately the same amount of money as quoted for Hazard as it would be for Modric.......I would go for the player comfortable in the EPL, and unquestionably an asset in his favoured position if it was me.

(now dont get me wrong, maybe Utd know Spurs arent going to let him go for a lot more than that, then its possibly different - but I would still go for experience over potential youth in CM currently) Utd hardly need another winger on either side currently (unless Nani goes after refusing the current offer on the table)

edit - if its 25-30m euros upfront and the rest based on appearances then its a good deal for Utd , if its a lot more upfront thats a scary amount for such a young/untested player

Last edited:
a) he's clearly a ****
b) he plays in positions we don't need
c) it's 40m that should be spent elsewhere
d) He's not set the world alight in Ligue 1, he got outscored and out-assisted by Gervinho playing in the same team.

Gervinho's 4 years Hazard's senior , and we are talking a year ago or two since d)? A little unfair dont you think (consideirng Hazard is only 21 now)

(Im willing to accept a) being reporter editing to make headlines, b) given his versatility that isnt necessarily true & c) is partially true given b)

If we spend 40 million euros on Hazard I will be so so unhappy.

I wouldnt be.

It would be a signal of intent, a boost to the whole squad and the fans and a sign to other potential targets that yes, United fully intend to compete on all fronts.
Another summer of spending 10 or 15 million quid on decent but not great players, or "potential" would be disastrous for the club.

Let me get this right, we've been asking for real money to be invested in the team for years now, yet people don't want us to pay around £30m for possibly the hottest young talent currently playing in Europe? Yeah ok then :rolleyes:.

If you don't think Utd are lacking creativity in midfield (specifically central where Hazard is comfortable playing) then you've not been watching us for the last 3 or 4 years.

And please don't give me Modric as a better option, older, probably cost more, you know what you're getting with him, and while he's a class act, his performances in the league aren't exactly earth shattering.

I'll believe it when he's signed, but I seriously hope it's true.

a "signal of intent" is a good reason to buy a proven player, with more purchases in mind.....its not necessarily a good reason to spend a good proportion of the budget on an untested kid from a different league

(and even when SAF spends big, £32m /40m Euros is still likely to be a fair chunk of the total amount available)

Let me get this right, we've been asking for real money to be invested in the team for years now, yet people don't want us to pay around £30m for possibly the hottest young talent currently playing in Europe? Yeah ok then :rolleyes:.

If thats aimed at me, please dont take what I said out of context.

If SAF only has £40m-50m to spend in the summer, then yes I would be worried spending that amount on Hazard, IF he can spend £80-90m (not that he is likely to anyway, but IF) , then its much less of a concern

There is a HUGE performance difference between Ligue 1 and EPL, and because its so huge, and given how important that position is to Utd currently, I think its only right to be concerned how much is spent.

Lets just see if the report is accurate 1st, and how much the initial payment is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom