** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying Hazard could come and play in a central pair?

Not like Modric, but we don't have to keep playing 4-4-2, we should look at moving to 4-2-3-1 and have Rooney up top.

He could play at the tip of a 4-4-2 diamond as well I suppose.

Give over. Ronaldo cost £17m as a 17 year old, that'd probably be closer to £22-25m today. Ronaldo didn't really reach Hazard's current level until he was 22/23, Hazard is 21.

You think City needed Aguero? No, they had three world class strikers. Aguero just won them the league, literally. If you think Nani or Young are anywhere near as good as Hazard is/could be you're nuts.

THIS

I wouldnt be.

It would be a signal of intent, a boost to the whole squad and the fans and a sign to other potential targets that yes, United fully intend to compete on all fronts.
Another summer of spending 10 or 15 million quid on decent but not great players, or "potential" would be disastrous for the club.

Let me get this right, we've been asking for real money to be invested in the team for years now, yet people don't want us to pay around £30m for possibly the hottest young talent currently playing in Europe? Yeah ok then :rolleyes:.

If you don't think Utd are lacking creativity in midfield (specifically central where Hazard is comfortable playing) then you've not been watching us for the last 3 or 4 years.

And please don't give me Modric as a better option, older, probably cost more, you know what you're getting with him, and while he's a class act, his performances in the league aren't exactly earth shattering.

I'll believe it when he's signed, but I seriously hope it's true.

Here's one for the one's thinking we already have enough good wingers. What if he is bought to play out on the left so that Ashley young can played more inside than he currently is. Fergie keeps pushing him inside and with Owen and Berbatov going or gone, would it be beyond the realms of possibility to see Young deployed as a striker with pace to play off Rooney. The potential signing off Hazard gives us options, not take them away.

Why? Is that just a baseless assertion? Citeh are the better bet, going forward, no?

Touré, or his agent?

If we show we are willing to invest big in the squad, while having the most successful manager in history after a season in which we lost on goal difference while playing with what's been described as the worst squad we've had in 20 years I wouldn't think it's that baseless.

You're entitled to your opinion and it may be right but believing otherwise certainly isn't baseless.

a "signal of intent" is a good reason to buy a proven player, with more purchases in mind.....its not necessarily a good reason to spend a good proportion of the budget on an untested kid from a different league

(and even when SAF spends big, £32m /40m Euros is still likely to be a fair chunk of the total amount available)

Virtually no club pays the whole of a transfer fee up front.
It would be X amount now, and X amount over so many months, in fact, thats how united have paid for almost all of their big purchases over the past 20 years or so.
Buying Hazard for 30 odd million would still leave plenty of cash to purchase 2 or 3 other players.
As for Modric, at 27 and nothing more than a slightly more mobile Carrick, you are saying £30 odd million is a sound investment?

The only thing Modric has proven over the past 3 years is that he isnt worth anything like the figures quoted for him.

Give over. Ronaldo cost £17m as a 17 year old, that'd probably be closer to £22-25m today. Ronaldo didn't really reach Hazard's current level until he was 22/23, Hazard is 21.

You think City needed Aguero? No, they had three world class strikers. Aguero just won them the league, literally. If you think Nani or Young are anywhere near as good as Hazard is/could be you're nuts.

Sorry thats just wrong - you cant compare Ronaldo's performance levels at Utd to Hazard's at Ligue 1 so easily EPL is SO much more technical

i noticed Gill at the champions league final last night,surely he went straight to france after the game to get hazard to sign his contract :P
I thought I spotted Gill in the background of a pic with Chelsea celebrating with the trophy. Couldn't work out what he was doing there or if it was even him. I'm sure now! :p

According to some reports, Gill would have been at the match to tell Roman that he can't buy Rafael from us. Considering Roman had just won the one trophy he'd been after since he bought Chelsea, I reckon this news about not getting Rafael would have devastated him! :D:cool:

Give over. Ronaldo cost £17m as a 17 year old, that'd probably be closer to £22-25m today.
It was £12.25m.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiano_Ronaldo#Manchester_United

Admittedly there may have been clauses in the deal that nudged it up to £17m but I believe we paid £12.25m for Ronaldo in all. :) Please correct me if I'm wrong. :p

Newcastle do, now (that's just an interesting fact... I'm not disagreeing with your post).
Mike Ashley's taken this decision because of how previous signings for Newcastle were hurting the club years later due to the monthly installments adding up wasn't it? Not saying you're wrong, just checking on why they do. :)

Newcastle do, now (that's just an interesting fact... I'm not disagreeing with your post).

Didnt know that.

I know it was paying for Keegans spending spree a long time after he left.

Even taking into account the virtual fire sale when the banks pulled the plug and started demanding their money back.

Don't shirt sales go to the people who make the shirts?
I thought I read a while back that everything from the official Megastore at Old Trafford goes to Nike as it is a Nike run operation. I'm not sure how that affects online sales direct from Man Utd or sales of shirts in third party shops. I can't imagine that Utd get nothing from shirt sales. If Nike got less than 33% or Utd got less than 50% of the total sales I'd be shocked. But then I'm not in the business of negotiating business deals between sportswear manufacturers and football clubs! :o

It was £12.25m.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiano_Ronaldo#Manchester_United

Admittedly there may have been clauses in the deal that nudged it up to £17m but I believe we paid £12.25m for Ronaldo in all. :) Please correct me if I'm wrong. :p

Ah it might have been Euros I was thinking of. Still, Ronaldo was an expensive buy for a young player playing in a 'worse' league. I don't think £30m for Hazard is any worse than that. Especially given the fact that City can drop £30-40m on players like Aguero who can win them the league, £25m on Nasri who can keep Agueros bench seat warm. We do have good front/wide/creative players, but Hazard has the potential to be a whole level above all of them.

City and even Chelsea to an extent, have players that can change games on their own, we haven't had that since Ronaldo left.

Virtually no club pays the whole of a transfer fee up front.
It would be X amount now, and X amount over so many months, in fact, thats how united have paid for almost all of their big purchases over the past 20 years or so.
Buying Hazard for 30 odd million would still leave plenty of cash to purchase 2 or 3 other players.
As for Modric, at 27 and nothing more than a slightly more mobile Carrick, you are saying £30 odd million is a sound investment?

The only thing Modric has proven over the past 3 years is that he isnt worth anything like the figures quoted for him.

As I said it depends on the % upfront - as he is hot property, it wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibiility for the % to be much higher upfront as a bargaining tool.

It depends on how much SAF has available, no-one actually knows how much he has for transfers.

Modric plays completely differently from Carrick (at Spurs anyway) so its impossible to know. You are of course welcome to your opinion, but given Scholes' / Giggs' age, and the question mark over Cleverley (in not even completing 1/2 a season at top level), it would be good to have some proper mobile experience in the AM position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom