** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he £5m better than Carroll?

Answer is probably yes, therefore the market says so.

;) :p

The classic argument for any valuation of any player :p

Feel like you are paying too much for a player ? Well, at least you didn't buy Carroll for £35 million.

Think you have got a good deal paying £25 million for Peter Crouch? Of course you have, Liverpool paid £35 million for Carroll. You have committed daylight robbery!

Is he £5m better than Carroll?

Answer is probably yes, therefore the market says so.

;) :p

this and the fact he's a left winger and they're at a little bit of a premium. there is no denying his ability. take his performances and age into account and £40m is a fair market price, probably a tad too low.

and moses, i said at the start of my transfer rumour post 'from the sun' the page isn't exactly furtive viewing for those at work and i'm sure you are more than capable of visiting the sun's website all by yourself.

Bale, £40m. I think I've heard it all.

This.

If Bale's value is 40m what on earth is Nani and Valencia's?
Secondly are we really saying Bale is worth more than Eden Hazard (rumoured to be going for between 30-35m) or Alexis Sánchez (went to Barca for €26m + 11m in addons)

So much wrong with the transfer market in England :o

For that money there couldn't be a gooner on the planet that wouldn't hand deliver him.

Id take the money if they were serious about it but at the moment its hard to say. The other problem is that if we do sell for him that amount, then who do we get in to replace RVP and his scoring ability....knowing how the Arsenal board is, we would get £45mill but only give Wenger £10mill to find a replacement:p

So he's worth that much, because he's a bit better than Carroll? Hasn't the Carroll price been widely ridiculed, to the extent that people have said he's worth nowhere near that figure?

Then, didn't that price come about because of a perfect storm of factors (Torres being sold for £50m, at the last minute, and Liverpool thus needing someone, when having a pile of cash)?

I could accept someone saying Bale could be sold for £40m, if Manyoo sold Nani for £60m on the last day of the transfer window, and needed a replacement ASAP... but, as a 'normal' transfer, £40m is ridiculous!

People can choose whether or not to click on the link that starts with www.thesun.co.uk :o.

this is how markets work in the main.

what do you mean by 'normal' transfer. he's not for sale and is contracted to spurs. it's a realistic price 'tag' ie don't bother even bidding anything under. now if someone came in and inflated the price to £60m, levy may be tempted.

you need to remember we turned down £45m for modric last season, the peak of a bid that started at £30m. in all honesty i think we should have sold him.

Secondly are we really saying Bale is worth more than Eden Hazard (rumoured to be going for between 30-35m) or Alexis Sánchez (went to Barca for €26m + 11m in addons)

of course there's so much wrong with it. you choose to pick up on bales price tag yet make no comment on the fact that carroll went for the same and torres went for £15m more!

now out of carroll, torres and bale. who is the more deserving of their price tag?

of course there's so much wrong with it. you choose to pick up on bales price tag yet make no comment on the fact that carroll went for the same and torres went for £15m more!

now out of carroll, torres and bale. who is the more deserving of their price tag?

I only mentioned Bale because that's who you were talking about, though tbh when Torres went for 50m he was only half a season into his poor run of form which followed an international tournament so given he was still widely regarded as one of the best strikers in the world at the time I dont think 50m was that far wide of the mark tbh.

Carroll yes we all know Liverpool paid stupid money for and in comparison with Bale yes Bale is worth more but like I say that doesn't make the 40m value correct the English transfer market is just ****** up :p

Well apparently we're back in for Hooper from Celtic

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11787/7766094/Saints-eye-new-Hooper-move

More interestingly sky ran a story to say Celtic have opened new contract negotiations with Hooper, but they are also apparently bidding for Simon Cox from West Brom...

Sort of hoping they are lining Cox up as a replacement as Hooper should provide the perfect 4th striker between Lambert, Lee and Sharp (seeing as we released David Connelly and will probably sell Lee Barnard).

The classic argument for any valuation of any player :p

Feel like you are paying too much for a player ? Well, at least you didn't buy Carroll for £35 million.

Think you have got a good deal paying £25 million for Peter Crouch? Of course you have, Liverpool paid £35 million for Carroll. You have committed daylight robbery!

Going to have to remember to quote this for every disappointing transfer for the next few seasons :p

This.

If Bale's value is 40m what on earth is Nani and Valencia's?

Where did Sanchez come from (just out of interest), that fee was a steal (depending on how long he had left on his contract however)

You are correct though, fees between English clubs is extortionate, especially for British / English players.

Talent may be there for Hazard, but he is still untested in the EPL. While Bale could be considered inconsistant for that kind of price tag, he can still scare the living daylights out of any team in the EPL on a good day.

Personally I would say £32m for (Bio-) Hazard is equally bad as £40m for Bale

Why don't you rate Hazard? Have you watched him and come to that conclusion, or is it based off something else?

I didnt say that at all

I just dont think a youngster not tested in the far tougher EPL is worth £32m, however wonderful he looks in Ligue 1

+ I am not keen on ANY player hocking himself around like EH is doing in the press ("Im going to play in Manchester"......" Oh Chelsea may be a choice"......). Im all for the lad making his own choice, dnt get me wrong - just the way he is doing it gets my back up (it isnt all down to journo's either imo)

Even at £20m (which is far too much for a single year left on any contract imo) Kagawa would be a better bet , especially if SAF gives him an AM / 2nd striker role, rather than shuffling him off to the wing

Last edited:
I just dont think a youngster not tested in the far tougher EPL is worth £32m, however wonderful he looks in Ligue 1

Only thing I'd say on the price for Hazard is that I could have sworn this time last year when we were all wondering where Sanchez would go (us, City or Barca) his speculated price was also around £30m and yet now wiki seems to think it was as little as €26m. Obviously this could just be a case of Lille's valuation of Hazard simply being higher than that of Udinese's of Sanchez's but I something tells me that Man Utd wouldn't break their previous record transfer fee of £30m which was more or less the price paid for Veron, Ferdinand, Rooney and Berbatov.

EDIT: These fees are never paid all in one go anyway

Last edited:
something tells me that Man Utd wouldn't break their previous record transfer fee of £30m which was more or less the price paid for Veron, Ferdinand, Rooney and Berbatov

The reality is that £30m on Hazard today is considerably less than what you paid on those 4.

Only thing I'd say on the price for Hazard is that I could have sworn this time last year when we were all wondering where Sanchez would go (us, City or Barca) his speculated price was also around £30m and yet now wiki seems to think it was as little as €26m. Obviously this could just be a case of Lille's valuation of Hazard simply being higher than that of Udinese's of Sanchez's but I something tells me that Man Utd wouldn't break their previous record transfer fee of £30m which was more or less the price paid for Veron, Ferdinand, Rooney and Berbatov.

EDIT: These fees are never paid all in one go anyway

I wouldnt be suprised if Barca paid ~22m euros /£26m up front before add-ons (I dont think Udinese are mega - rich, so they would have asked for a lot of the fee upfront). If Wiki says that fee includes add-on's then fair enough and my explanation is wrong, but it wouldnt be unreasonable for a further 8m euros to be in add-ons over a few years for such a high profile addition (given Utd, City etc were also interested).

No you are probably right Utd probably wont break their record transfer , but again £5/£6m in add-ons....with £25m or so upftront isnt unthinkable either.

I would expect (although happy if its wrong) a good 2/3's or 4/5ths to be paid upfront for a player so many teams are keen about

Gervinho wasn't player of the year, though :p. And Hazard's scored and assisted more than Gervinho ever did for Lille, this year :shrug:.

It's all pretty pointless, really... unless people have watched lots of Ligue 1, which is kinda hard to do, considering how it's not broadcasted in the UK :(.

I'm only jesting, I've never seen Hazard play. The only opinion I have of him is that he seems like a bit of a nob, maybe the journalists are forcing him to answer questions, or twisting his words but he just sounds like a complete whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom