** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Simpson is being greedy. I just think he wants what he is worth as a Premier League 1st choice right back who has helped his club to a 5th place finish. Actually he has come out and said he isn't holding them to ransom and hasn't said no to their offer. The issue I think is that Pardew/Ashley/coaching staff don't view him as the first choice right back moving forward as I believe we will sign Debuchy for that slot, so are offering him a new deal that reflects a squad player. Plus you have Perch on 20k a week with 2 years left who has come on leaps and bounds and has done very well at RB when called upon...it all points to Simpson being surplus to requirements and stalling on negotiations won't help his cause.

Didn't think of it that way. I was keyed into the Simpson as no1 mindset and he was holding out. If that's the case and he doesn't want to settle then fair game if he wants first team.

Personally I think he's being daft mate. He might possibly get more money elsewhere but he has been with us a while, knows the lads and the area, he will defo get games next year just not be first choice week in week out and will have European football to play. No one in the top 6 is going to sign him or even top 8 being realistic so anywhere else is a step down...

I see Owen Hargreaves is now unemployed again.

I could have sworn somebody said his career was over before he went to city, seems he didnt get the memo.

He comes higher rated than Michael Owen... saints web is having some sort of love in over the two and think Hargreaves might actually be worth a punt, clearly as we need more players to add to our now depleted group who sit with the medical team every week.

Hopefully they both do the polite thing and retire/go to America.

Guthrie going as well which is sad to see but he wants first team football and I can respect that, did a great job for us last year and I only hope he goes onto better things.

Also one transfer fell through and rumours saying Ba may be gone both because Cashley is sticking to his guns and not folding as both players apparently have stupid numbers of advisors all wanting wads of cash to do nothing :rolleyes: would be disappointing to miss out on players like this but respect to Cashley for sticking to his guns and saving the club money.

Was Guthrie any good last year? Heard a few nods and winks that we could be having a look at him.

At least Cashley is doing the right thing and refusing to spend money on basically nothing!

Personally I think he's being daft mate. He might possibly get more money elsewhere but he has been with us a while, knows the lads and the area, he will defo get games next year just not be first choice week in week out and will have European football to play. No one in the top 6 is going to sign him or even top 8 being realistic so anywhere else is a step down...

I agree but for the majority it is money >>>>>>>> ambition these days.

He'll end up somewhere and turn into another average player but at least he will have a bigger pay cheque :p

Was Guthrie any good last year? Heard a few nods and winks that we could be having a look at him.

At least Cashley is doing the right thing and refusing to spend money on basically nothing!

I liked Guthrie, he is not a world beater and not a starter for a top 6 team but he is solid cover who does a job well and slots in with no bother. Would have loved to have kept him as a squad player but he did his job with no complaints and wants first team football so good luck to him :)

Or they've all offered the same, and he'll go to Citeh because they look to be the best bet, going forward...

Can you not think of any reasons he'd join Man Utd over the other two?

There are reports from the Austrian media that Man Utd are showing 'serious interest' in Bayern's David Alaba. Could be a good Evra replacement.

Chelsea for the fact he can be in/near London... but, when everything's weighed up, Citeh are the best shout, imo. They're most likely to succeed on the pitch... they're probably all going to offer around the same, in terms of money... then the only downside of Citeh is the fact he'll have to live up north (but loads of footballers manage to live there happily, and he's only coming from Lille... hardly some huge, epic city).

What does Manyoo have, above the others? Can it beat Citeh or Chelsea for location? No. Can it show it's more likely to succeed on the pitch? Yes vs Chelsea, no vs Citeh. Can the pay more? Well, yes... but the others aren't going to offer a paltry amount, if they offer less. Then of course there's manager stability/gravitas, where it's probably Manyoo > Citeh > Chelsea.

Edit :: Don't get me wrong, it's a close run thing... but I'd put Citeh as favourites/the best option, objectively speaking.

It will be interesting to see what happens. If we don't get Hazard then we do need at least get Kagawa or someone similar!

We need more of these young and extremely talented players in the Premier League! Thankfully there are quite a few about.

You get the impression he's waiting for another club to come in for him. Two weeks ago he was definitely moving to a Manchester club, now it's a Manchester club or Chelsea and next week it'll be a Manchester club, Chelsea, Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Real, PSG or Bayern :o

Trouble is instead of this futile waiting game for Hazard we could be further ahead with a deal for Kagawa.

I'd hope (and expect) that both are being pursued.

I saw this about Kagawa: Manchester United target Shinji Kagawa won't be making any decision for up to 3 weeks

If true, that means we'll know what Hazard is doing before we have to make a decision on Kagawa.

He scored a decent goal earlier for Japan: http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/shinji-kagawa-scores-classy-goal-japan-v-azerbaijan/

I hadn't seen that Robbo, if true it makes sense then. I do wonder what Fergie said to Kagawa when they spoke, especially as Hazard seems to be our first choice and it's either one or the other.

from *ahem* the sun

GARETH BALE has told Tottenham he will NOT be pushing for a move away from White Hart Lane.

Despite finishing fourth in the Prem, Spurs missed out on Champions League football after Chelsea lifted the European Cup on Saturday.

But winger Bale, 22, has made it clear to manager Harry Redknapp he is not looking to get away.

Tottenham are aware of the huge interest in the Wales international from all of Europe’s top clubs including Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United.

But a Spurs insider said: “Gareth wants to stay for next season.

“To say he is happy at the club right now is a bit of an understatement.”

Bale sees no point in leaving unless Tottenham want to cash-in on the £40million-rated speedster.

He thinks he can maintain his path to being recognised as one of the world’s elite players with his current club.

And Bale has little desire to move abroad at the moment, preferring to drive back home to his parents’ house in Wales when he has time off.

His commitment to Tottenham is just the boost the North Londoners need after being forced to compete in the Europa League.

And Tom Huddlestone looks on course to be fit for the start of next season.

The midfielder, 25, made just four outings last term after suffering ankle ligament damage and had surgery in February.

But he came through a full session at the club’s training ground yesterday along with fellow crocks Jermaine Jenas and Michael Dawson.

JERMAIN DEFOE is focused on firing England to glory but admits his Tottenham future is in doubt after Euro 2012.

The striker, 29, struggled for regular football last term and asked boss Harry Redknapp for a loan move in January.

But he still netted 17 times and made the England squad for Ukraine and Poland — and now Defoe is refusing to commit himself to Spurs.

He said: “I’ve never said I want to leave, all I’ve said is I want to play.

“I’ll go to the Euros and then see what happens. The most important thing for me is being happy and scoring — that’s when I’m happiest.”

LOUIS SAHA wants to stay at Tottenham even though they missed out on the Champions League.

And he could be joined at White Hart Lane by Emmanuel Adebayor, who wants to make his loan move from Manchester City permanent if the clubs can sort a transfer fee.

Striker Saha, 33, is out of contract after signing a short-term deal following his surprise switch from Everton in the January transfer window.

While Adebayor, 28, has been a big hit since he arrived on a season loan from the Etihad.

Saha admitted boss Harry Redknapp has been a huge influence in his bid to stay.

And he said: “I cannot say I want to leave.

“Harry has been good for me personally. What makes him so good is his personality, tactics and the way that he can work and relate to the players.”

Adebayor said: “I loved my spell at Tottenham. We’re working hard with the chairman to make it permanent.”

TOTTENHAM may have missed out on the Champions League but Emmanuel Adebayor is keen to stick around.

Spurs fans fear the likes of Gareth Bale and Luka Modric will walk away from White Hart Lane this summer with just Europa League football to look forward to next season.

But Adebayor, who netted 18 goals on loan from Manchester City last term, has no desire to return to the Etihad.

The Togo striker tweeted: "Loved my spell at Tottenham.

"We are working hard with the chairman to make it permanent. Will keep you informed!!”

SPURS chief Daniel Levy has been urged to get tough with Luka Modric again over the summer.

Modric and Gareth Bale are expected to assess their future after Tottenham were dumped into the Europa League by Chelsea’s amazing win against Bayern Munich.

Croatian ace Modric, 26, wanted to leave last year but Levy held firm.

And White Hart Lane legend Alan Mullery said: “The situation is the same as last season but Luka is under contract.

“I don’t see why Levy would be anything but as resolute as he was then.

“The chairman has been there before and I’m sure he’ll be there again.

“Gareth is still a young man learning his trade and has lots of years to play in the Premier League, with Tottenham or somewhere else.

“But I don’t think he will leave.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom