All Three One Plans to be cancelled from today

Associate
Level heads prevail!

A merger like this would have been disastrous for consumers in the long run and we would have been left with 3 major networks who can frankly make their own little cartel to screw over the plebs.

Soldato
Tried my Tethering last night!

My Stream 7 (Full Windows 10) tablet always made my phone throw a wobler saying I needed a bolt on to allow a Computer to tether to my Phone... (£12.90 Unlimited 1 month roller... Now on £20 12month AYCE)

Last Night!! it just... well worked!! :) No problems, and faster than the local wi-fi where I was!! :)

Soldato
I wanted the merger to go through. It seems relatively unfair that BT have such a monopoly with digital Britain:
1) They were allowed to buy EE: Currently the biggest cellular network
2) They were allowed to keep Openreach within BT Group: The biggest telephone and broadband network

How have BT been allowed to keep their monopoly and this merger is blocked?

Man of Honour
They didn't have a mobile section, so they weren't reducing competition.

Its a shame but I can see why Eu doesn't want us to go down to just three main players.

Associate
Got 16gb data, unlimited calls and texts from EE (direct from store in Trafford Centre) for £20/ month. Tethering included.

Currently on 2gb data but always seem to run out.

Three offered me the AYCE data/ 200mins/ unlimited texts for £20 but couldn't do a decent deal with more minutes.

Soldato
Regardless of the upset/disappointment etc caused by Three's decision on this, UK prices are still the cheapest around.

In Australia I am paying the equivalent of ~£40/month sim-only for 20GB, which is the best offer going around.

Soldato
Used to use the PAYG addons on Three and decided to take them up on a contract offer.
They offered me AYCE data with 30GB tethering, unlimited texts and 200 mins for £18 a month on a 12 month contract. Not too bad I reckon!

Soldato
Just had a text from three, MMS prices going from 17p to 40p per message, not that most people still use that method, much easier to whatsapp pictures.

Soldato
Yeah! I got the same email... and thought the same!! anyone I send photos to has Whatsapp! ;)

And anyone with an iPhone, sending MMS defaults to iMessage.

I cant remember the last time I sent an picture message which wasnt through Whatsapp. I dont think my settings for MMS even work.

Soldato
I moved from the One Plan to the 12gb/600 a min rollingy monthly

am I right in thinking you can use your minutes/data in Europe on all tarriffs ? or was it just One Plan ?

cheers

Soldato
I moved from the One Plan to the 12gb/600 a min rollingy monthly

am I right in thinking you can use your minutes/data in Europe on all tarriffs ? or was it just One Plan ?

cheers

All plans, as far as I know. Used to have One Plan also, changed over recently, and used as normal in Fuerteventura a few weeks back :) TBH, it was arguably the main reason that I negotiated a replacement deal with 3, rather than jumping ship, the convenience when abroad - otherwise, some other deals are pretty close in terms of inclusions, and may well have provided slightly better signal at times :rolleyes:

Associate
I think I'm right in saying that my SIM All-you-can-eat Data 200 Minutes - 1 Month plan was also suppose to change?

Thus far I've had no letter and I've checked my online account and it's all as it should be, I still have my £3 off a month, so paying £15 as it stands.

edit:
I have spotted one difference from this month. Previous bills used to be £18 minus £3 reoccurring credit, where as from this month it's classed as a straight £15 cost.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, still not actually been moved off of my old contract yet. I didn't bother calling them to switch as I thought I would just go on to what they were offering me, and that hasn't happened. Still on my "Ultimate Internet 200 1 month" plan costing me £12.90 a month.

Back
Top Bottom