All Three One Plans to be cancelled from today

Man of Honour
So there embarked on this ridiculous exercise to get us all off the One Plan so tethering can be limited and have now eventually ended up allowing shedloads of tethering again?!

What!?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I was wondering the same as you Fox. This all came about due to people abusing the tethering in the first place didn't it?

Soldato
I was wondering the same as you Fox. This all came about due to people abusing the tethering in the first place didn't it?

They'll be hoping the majority of those shifted off the unlimited plans will either just accept it or move to a more expensive tariff, so at least those using lots of data actually pay their way for it.

The only surprise for me is how long it took.

Soldato
Hmm, I will be interested to see what they come back with. Im going to tweet them to find out.
Ok so after a DM on twitter, turns out my plan hasn't changed yet. The Ultimate plan that I am on is still the original plan I have been on for ages, which is surprising considering my letter said I would change on the 1/5/2016. So I guess they didn't switch me yet. Odd. That explains why I still don't have tethering yet.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29459381 said:
So there embarked on this ridiculous exercise to get us all off the One Plan so tethering can be limited and have now eventually ended up allowing shedloads of tethering again?!

What!?

Reading through the last few pages and my own experience tells me that tethering is a piece of the issue but their "real" problem to solve was the millions of customers getting unlimited data for very low prices having took their mega deals of the last 5/6 years.

My one plan was £15 and there were loads of people on the ultimate internet 600 for £12 and iirc we all got great cashback too lol.

Also don't get hung up on the deal they offer in the letter, we've all been warned the good days were over so just read up their site find the plan you want then ring up and get it, the chance that the default deal will be the one you want is negligible.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so after a DM on twitter, turns out my plan hasn't changed yet. The Ultimate plan that I am on is still the original plan I have been on for ages, which is surprising considering my letter said I would change on the 1/5/2016. So I guess they didn't switch me yet. Odd. That explains why I still don't have tethering yet.

My Letter stated 5/5/2016 and on checking the '3' app on my phone it shows the New tarrif plan and my Tethering allowance :)

Soldato
After being on hold for ages I tried their webchat, which was miles quicker. I spoke to 'Chris' and it came down to this. So it just looks like I need to wait for the new plan to kick in.

"Your plan is due to change on your next billing date. This would be the 14th of this month. You'll stay on your old plan until then and should be able to tether from this point up to 12GB per month. "

Soldato
This would have been less of an issue if their app would reflect this. At present it shows me on the new tariff and I don't recall the CS rep who initially shifted me to the new contract that it would take effect from my next billing period.

Man of Honour
This would have been less of an issue if their app would reflect this. At present it shows me on the new tariff and I don't recall the CS rep who initially shifted me to the new contract that it would take effect from my next billing period.

there app/website is just a mess.
I changed over yesterday to a new tariff, end of period. app is showing 200mins, ayce data, 12gb tethering, website is showing unlimited minutes, unlimited data, 12gb tethered and the appropriate charge for it.
and they assure me it's actually 200mins, ayce data, 30gb tethering, which is what its meant to be.

Soldato
You call 3 rip of merchants yet you're going to EE...... right i see your logic..

What's your point? I used to pay £12.90 for unlimited internet (I only really needed 4gb max) they now want to charge me £20. I don't need mins and don't need texts.

On ee all i need is their £15 data pack. (monthly pack as I don't want a contract for 12 months either) Plus their 4g is much better and the coverage for me in my rural area is much much better.

So not only is it £5 a month cheaper i will get a better service for my needs.

So yes three are rip-off merchants. How anyone can justify a 55% price hike is beyond me.

Maybe think before you speak next time :rolleyes:

Soldato
I moved to the EE deal with 16gb data recently. Simultaneous same day/time comparisons against my three dongle, vodafone (work phone) and o2 (old contract in spare moto g3 phone) a couple of weeks ago were significantly in EEs favour. Download between 8-19mb on three, 6-22mb on o2, 4-12gb vodafone and 35-51mb on EE. Ping and upload was consistently 30-60% higher on EE too.

Not only that but on the SW train from Soton to Waterloo EE keeps signal bar the tunnels.

Three is still good vfm and does give unlimited data so if you live in a strong signal area it depends how much does you realistically need.

Soldato
Got a letter today that my plan (Unlimited date + text, 200 mins) is going from £12.90 to £20.

Bit of a ridiculous price change, time to look elsewhere I guess.

So whos good out nowadays?
Not looked at alternative networks in a long time.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had enough with three to be honest, speeds of the internet and reception has been on and off the past 4 years. It was good at first, now in certain areas even in central London i lose reception, speeds dropped massively and indoors the reception isn't to great.

Probably will move to BT Mobile in two months when my contract is up, don't need the Tethering and 20gb is more than enough for my mobile usage and they are buying out or merging with EE which upon testing i have much better speeds/reception with.

Soldato
Remember anyone who's going for the £20 a month plan can get £50 cashback via quidco.

[TW]Fox;29459381 said:

What!?

I've been wondering this too, Three are getting the exact same amount of money out of me as my old plan. OK i have slightly less minutes which isn't a big deal as i can VOIP, but in terms of data available, AYCE and 30Gb tethering which i'd probably say i wasn't even using half of originally.

Soldato
Actually OFCOM were opposed to the deal as well (rightly so) and called for the EU to block it.

It would have been a terrible deal for both consumers and staff. Having less competition isn't a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom