All Three One Plans to be cancelled from today

Soldato
Further to my previous post, phoned up today to cancel with the intention of changing to a similar deal and getting cashback, they've offered me 30Gb data(I Use 6gb on average) unlimited texts and unlimited calls for £20 a month. Happy :)

Soldato
Tried to use my tethering last night and that went pear shaped when my phone received a text saying I needed a damn bolt on. It was embarrassing and annoying so I need to give 3 a ring tonight to find out what's going on. The 3 app states I am on the new tarrif too.

Soldato
IIRC, you only get tethering on AYCE data plans. Bizarrely, 30GB data plans cost the same as AYCE but don't include tethering.

edit: I got this wrong. Details below. :o

Last edited:
Soldato
I've only looked as a new customer so perhaps things are different if you've migrated from an old plan.

If I select a plan with AYCE data, it's made clear tethering is allowed...

zJMylUs.png

If I select 12GB data, it isn't - but maybe it's in the small print somewhere???

KeqIouC.png

Soldato
I did a quick google for "three tethering" and it does seem rather confusing...

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...nternetapps,varset_subcat=3582,Case=obj(3599)

This statement seems to be a confirmation of what you just said...

If you have a plan with a limited amount of data, Personal Hotspot usage will be taken from your monthly data allowance.

But it also says...

If you have all-you-can-eat data, you'll have a set Personal Hotspot allowance of 4GB.

That bit of info is clearly obsolete.

edit: I searched the thread and found a previous post from Kainz

Phoned 3 up yesterday to discuss plans and ended up going with the 12gb, 200mins for £17 over a 12month contract. The All you Can Eat version of the same contract was tempting for £20 but given that the most data I've used in the past 6 months is 5gb it would be bit of a waste for me.

Yet he's the guy who got a text saying he needed a bolt-on??

Last edited:
Soldato
When I phoned yesterday going onto the new 30Gb data contract, he definitely mentioned that tethering was included...I never use it but just to clear up :p WIll try and find some evidence..

On my current 'allowances' on my AYCE, i have 4gb of personal hotspot available. Haven't used any. Can't check on what it will be when i change to new tariff in 14 days time

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah yes, it looks like I got it wrong completely. Sorry chaps. :o

If I browse the store here...

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

and then expand "Sim plan benefits"..

All of your data allowance can be used as a personal hotspot allowance in the UK, unless you choose a plan with All-you-can-eat data. In this case, you can use up to 4GB, 8GB or 12GB of your data each month as a personal hotspot in the UK.

That last sentence still contradicts the first screenshot I posted which says 30GB tethering is allowed with AYCE data.

Soldato
So hang on a second. My account says I am on "Ultimate Internet SIM 200 1 month", and the remained of my allowance is for 28 days, which means I have just rolled over into a new month.

I no I am getting moved, or I have just been moved to a new deal.

So whats the deal with tethering, as I tried to tether the Mrs Phone to mine on Sunday (1st day of the month) and 3 sent an SMS saying no, you need an add-on. I thought I now got tethering for free? Is that not the case? Or has my contract not swapped yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've managed to find out why there are conflicting reports of how much tethering is allowed on AYCE. It depends on when the contract started...

rZQs9hf.png

http://www.3g.co.uk/tethering.html

That also seems to confirm what the three website says regarding tethering for non-AYCE packages. It should all be available but that's 2 people on this page already who have been denied via text message. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
I have just had a right barny with them, told my my new bill was £23.00 a month and with the £3.00 discount it will be £20.00, that is not how the letter read that I got from them I thought it was £20.00 a month and with the discount it would be £17.00 it never mentioned £23.00 any were.So have jumped plans onto unlimited calls and texts and 4GB of data for £13.00 a month. I don't really use a lot of data anyway, I average about 2GB a month.

Soldato
Going to give 3 an earbashing over this tethering lark tomorrow as I have a holiday from work. As the above posts indicate they have made a right balls donkey of this and they need to make it absolutely clear.

I was specifically told that I would be able to use my 12GB as a hotspot, which is pretty much the reason I went with them anyway. I am going to be on a lot of company visits from August so I'll need it so I can use my tablet at hotels.

Soldato
Going to give 3 an earbashing over this tethering lark tomorrow as I have a holiday from work. As the above posts indicate they have made a right balls donkey of this and they need to make it absolutely clear.

I was specifically told that I would be able to use my 12GB as a hotspot, which is pretty much the reason I went with them anyway. I am going to be on a lot of company visits from August so I'll need it so I can use my tablet at hotels.

You say holiday from work, iirc tethering can only be used in the UK. So if you're travelling locally then not a problem, otherwise be wary that you probably won't be able to use it.

Back
Top Bottom