Altered Carbon

Soldato
I really enjoyed this, wasn't sure on the first episode until the introduction of Poe. I like the setting but up until that point the whole vibe was a bit too overwhelmingly depressing.

I got whiffs of the Shadowrun universe coming through, although I did find myself wishing they'd just produce a Shadowrun TV show instead. Now that would be something I'd look forward to.

Soldato
I finished it last night.

For me episodes 1-3 were not great, 3-9 had me hooked then the last episode was poor, which for me was a shame.

What ruined it for me was the sister. When she showed up and took out everyone in the club I thought she was a bad ass then this stupid almost incestuous obsession she had dragged and dragged.

I watched and understood their background but it just seemed completely stupid for me.

Overall I'd probably give it a 5-6/10 but would watch a second series.

Soldato
Soldato
I enjoyed season 1, but I think the main female lead was a bit weak overall.

Hoping in Season 2 they can maintain the acting and story a bit better, the universe has so much potential.

Soldato
Don't disagree there :D

She was smokin', felt like she overacted a bit though in parts.

Joel Kinnaman nailed it though. The part, not her, or maybe her? I know I would...

Soldato
Mackie is going to have to absolutely nail this as Kinnaman was superb in the first season.

I'm just looking through Mackie's acting credits and there isn't a single movie there I thought he was anything above average in...guy doesn't really have any acting range.

Back
Top Bottom