Altered Carbon

Soldato
Mackie is going to have to absolutely nail this as Kinnaman was superb in the first season.

I'm just looking through Mackie's acting credits and there isn't a single movie there I thought he was anything above average in...guy doesn't really have any acting range.

Mackie? Yeah, definitely not a leading actor :( Think i'll give S2 a miss.

Soldato
It was one of my first Netflix shows and really enjoyed it, same with Lost in Space. I know that LiS gets mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it, you will like both of them.

Couldn't get past the second epsiode of lost in space, felt like more teen led shallow sci-fi. Altered Carbon on the other hand I've watched through twice, a rich and layered series by comparison.

I could be wrong about LiS and it might improve massively but friends who've seen it said my first impressions were about right.

Soldato
Couldn't get past the second epsiode of lost in space, felt like more teen led shallow sci-fi. Altered Carbon on the other hand I've watched through twice, a rich and layered series by comparison.

I could be wrong about LiS and it might improve massively but friends who've seen it said my first impressions were about right.

LiS isn't a full on techy atmospheric experience like Altered Carbon was for me but I found it decent. The characters involving though, Doc Smith really generated feelings of hatred in me which is rare for tv shows. Some of the decisions made left you scratching your head but overall it's defo worth a binge day watching them.

Soldato
LiS isn't a full on techy atmospheric experience like Altered Carbon was for me but I found it decent. The characters involving though, Doc Smith really generated feelings of hatred in me which is rare for tv shows. Some of the decisions made left you scratching your head but overall it's defo worth a binge day watching them.

Do the adult characters come more into the fore then? While I don't dislike shows which heavily feature children in the lead (Haunting of Hill House was utterly brilliant for example), the child parts of LIS episodes 1/2 were really grating.

Soldato
Do the adult characters come more into the fore then? While I don't dislike shows which heavily feature children in the lead (Haunting of Hill House was utterly brilliant for example), the child parts of LIS episodes 1/2 were really grating.

There are still some child heavy scenes however I'd say it becomes more 60-40 adults-kids

Back
Top Bottom