• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AM4 B350/X370 black screen crash thread

Soldato
mmmm, i am glad i came across this thread.

my current mobo (i think) is on its way out and i need to buy a new mobo\cpu and ram. The 1700 and the Prime mobo was going to be my choice but not too sure now if i should get this or not.

So does the black screen only happen when stressing all cores etc?

Soldato
OP
mmmm, i am glad i came across this thread.

my current mobo (i think) is on its way out and i need to buy a new mobo\cpu and ram. The 1700 and the Prime mobo was going to be my choice but not too sure now if i should get this or not.

So does the black screen only happen when stressing all cores etc?

It appears to be down to nvidia drivers - though I still have a fee tests to run.

Still potentiallyy a couple apps it could be.

Soldato
It appears to be down to nvidia drivers - though I still have a fee tests to run.

Still potentiallyy a couple apps it could be.

Ok, i have a Nitro 390 8GB card.

i must be the only poor person in this thread that has a AMD card lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Left mine running realbench all day today whilst at work
rb_8_hours.png

She did well. Up until I opened up overclockers and got a blue screen " video scheduler internal error"
Do definitely GPU related. Going to reinstall the latest drivers now and try 1 run on realbench.

Soldato
OP
Left mine running realbench all day today whilst at work
rb_8_hours.png

She did well. Up until I opened up overclockers and got a blue screen " video scheduler internal error"
Do definitely GPU related. Going to reinstall the latest drivers now and try 1 run on realbench.

I don't think I will care about anything over 2 hrs :D

Tonight I need to finish installing apps that are in no way systems related, run tests and if stable make an image.

Then will lastly install Afterburner and Asus ai suite, then test again.

If can pass an hour after all that will then register all my programs again.

Then this week will play around with cpu Oc. Aiming for 4ghz, but will see what voltage it requires.

Will wait for next bios before I try pushing memory - think it'll be good for 2666 though

Soldato
My thoughts exactly. If this passes this hour of realbench on latest drivers then I'm happy to call that stable at stock. I also had Aida running CPU and ram for 7 hours over night.
Then time to start tweaking. I can boot at 2666 but not all the time, sometimes it takes a couple of attempts. At the moment it's at 2400.

Soldato
OP
My thoughts exactly. If this passes this hour of realbench on latest drivers then I'm happy to call that stable at stock. I also had Aida running CPU and ram for 7 hours over night.
Then time to start tweaking. I can boot at 2666 but not all the time, sometimes it takes a couple of attempts. At the moment it's at 2400.

My ram is still 2133mhz. Not pushing anything anywhere until I am sure it's good at stock.

I'm still bemused that it seems to be pointing to an nvidia driver issue.

Did/do you have msi Afterburner installed? Or Asus ai suite?

Soldato
I do have msi afterburner installed with rivatuner.
Other than that and steelseries engine and wallpaper engine nothing else other than drivers is set to boot.
Realbench coming up to the hour mark on nvidia latest drivers so I'm happy this is at least stable on stock now.
Now if corsair would ship my bloody bracket!

*Time to cancel that crosshair hero VI*

Soldato
Couple of driver issues really. I'm still battling an issue with overwatch crashing but i believe that's my ram being pushed too far at the moment. Bf1 is perfect though. At the moment if you want to build a pc and leave it then ryzen isn't for you. It's very much entering the bios everyday and have a poke around trying to resolve issues.
This will disappear with time of course but it's all part of the fun for me. I like shiny new thinga.

Associate
nice thread, DDU and drivers will be the first thing I'll try when get home from work. I have a 980Ti Hybrid and the rig is blackscreening a few minutes into Prime95 Blend test (also Realbench and whatnot). I think I have even seen it at stock CPU, but doing any sort of all core boost OC is sure to produce a black screen, regardless of the voltage/tweaks I throw at it. I've even had a few at idle Win10 clicking or just browsing.

Soldato
MS released a patch via Windows Update last night (KB4015438) designed to fix the black screen bug on Windows 10 1607 and Server 2016, not saying it will help everyone here but installing it can't hurt.

Soldato
OP
nice thread, DDU and drivers will be the first thing I'll try when get home from work. I have a 980Ti Hybrid and the rig is blackscreening a few minutes into Prime95 Blend test (also Realbench and whatnot). I think I have even seen it at stock CPU, but doing any sort of all core boost OC is sure to produce a black screen, regardless of the voltage/tweaks I throw at it. I've even had a few at idle Win10 clicking or just browsing.

Yeah, be sure to stress it thoroughly at stock.

I can still trigger black screen when overclocking.

And I would recommend removing any gpu overclock if you have one.

Soldato
Wasn't that black screen issue related to installing?
No this ones a known bug that's been plaguing systems since 1607 went live, basically you will be using the system and the screen will go black and the system will lock completely, in most cases causing the audio to continue on for a while. This is aimed to fix this issue (which may or may not be related to what some of you guys are having, but like I said can't hurt to apply it).

Soldato
OP
No this ones a known bug that's been plaguing systems since 1607 went live, basically you will be using the system and the screen will go black and the system will lock completely, in most cases causing the audio to continue on for a while. This is aimed to fix this issue (which may or may not be related to what some of you guys are having, but like I said can't hurt to apply it).

I'll make sure it gets installed today :)

Back
Top Bottom