• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AM4 B350/X370 black screen crash thread

Soldato
People with this issue, what version of Windows are you guys running?

This sounds very similar to the black screen bug in Windows 10 anniversary update so was just wondering if people getting the issue on Windows 7/8 too?

Soldato
OP
Man I neeed to stop typing these while testing as I never manage to finish before a crash.

So, I have done a total reset to stock - including removing all my upped voltages/power stuff.

While I was in there, I noticed the GPU was runnign at 8X - I know I saw it running at 16x before but can't remember when. So I re-seated.

restarted and fired up RB stress, and this time fiale dwith blue screen kmode_exception_not_handled with ntoskrnl.exe + nvlddmkm.sys flagged. Not sure if this is relevant to anything yet...

Soldato
OP
So it's still unstable even with GPU underclock? did you do a fresh Windows install when you upgraded btw?

I did with the B350.

Didn't when put the x370 in, but it didn't even seem like Windows noticed - didn't even have to re-activate.

But before reading your post I had set Windows 10 to re-install.

Going to run with nothing 'extra' installed. No nvidia drivers, nothing.

Soldato
Man I neeed to stop typing these while testing as I never manage to finish before a crash.

So, I have done a total reset to stock - including removing all my upped voltages/power stuff.

While I was in there, I noticed the GPU was runnign at 8X - I know I saw it running at 16x before but can't remember when. So I re-seated.

restarted and fired up RB stress, and this time fiale dwith blue screen kmode_exception_not_handled with ntoskrnl.exe + nvlddmkm.sys flagged. Not sure if this is relevant to anything yet...

I had this error too. "nvlddmkm.sys" Hasn't come back since i updated drivers however. Just a lovely black screen or luxmark has stopped working.

Soldato
OP
Ergh... So can't do this absolutely clean, as the stress test won't run without opencl installed.

Only way to install opencl is through installing the nvidia drivers.

So essentially, realbench offers you no clear way of testing individual items to gain a better idea of what may be the failure point.

Soldato
Just did this :
extreme.png

But man this realbench is annoying the hell out of me.

Soldato
Ergh... So can't do this absolutely clean, as the stress test won't run without opencl installed.

Only way to install opencl is through installing the nvidia drivers.

So essentially, realbench offers you no clear way of testing individual items to gain a better idea of what may be the failure point.

Ah thats a bit crap. Please report back

Caporegime
Have you tried with NVidia drivers from a few months ago? if you can run Heaven and Prime95 then I find it hard to believe it's a hardware problem.

Soldato
Have you tried with NVidia drivers from a few months ago? if you can run Heaven and Prime95 then I find it hard to believe it's a hardware problem.
There is a design flaw in Windows 10 Anniversary edition (1607) that causes black screens on certain setups, hopefully it's not affecting this platform too as it's actually the main reason I switched to Ryzen from X79 :(

Caporegime
There is a design flaw in Windows 10 Anniversary edition (1607) that causes black screens on certain setups, hopefully it's not affecting this platform too as it's actually the main reason I switched to Ryzen from X79 :(

They aren't just getting black screens though they're getting all kinds of program errors and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom