• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AM4 B350/X370 black screen crash thread

Caporegime
Did either of you try looping Prime95 and Unigine Heaven at the same time? that will load both CPU+GPU and if it passes that then it may be some bug or compatibility issue with Realbench.

Caporegime
Wouldn't other people be having issues with realbench aswell?

I'd have thought so but it might be some sort of obscure bug or compatiblity issue that only affects particular configurations, although I'd not be happy with Realbench failing myself. TBH after all of this messing around I'd just return everything if possible, wait a couple of months for the platform to mature and try again.

Soldato
OP
I'd have thought so but it might be some sort of obscure bug or compatiblity issue that only affects certain configurations, although I'd not happy with Realbench failing myself. TBH I'd just return everything if possible, wait a couple of months for the platform and try again.

Unfortunately, stupidly, I have already sold my Z97 stuff.

So now I NEED to get something...

Soldato
Stock is now 1 hour stable in AIDA as oppose to 4 seconds :)
I have literally swapped sticks around :/
stock_stable.png

Soldato
OP
Yeah, i'll do that shortly. Just installing new nvidia drivers on the off chance...

Man, I can't afford to have two stressful tiring weekends dealing with this kind of crap...

It can only be CPU or GPU related. Or Asus related, I guess.

I don't want anotehr quad core - the whole point of going this route, so that means, spending far more ******* money than I wanted if I return this.

Soldato
OP
I would just ******* ignore Realbench, but I'm worried it's indicative of an issue I will run into later in actual usage, when it's too late to return.

Soldato
OP
So, if I put the Gt 730 in, and it passes, does that eliminate the cpu as a culprit? Could it still be down to a controller on cpu?

I know I won't get to bottom of this without spending money, but don't know whether to try new cpu, new gpu, or a non-asus board...

Soldato
So, if I put the Gt 730 in, and it passes, does that eliminate the cpu as a culprit? Could it still be down to a controller on cpu?

I know I won't get to bottom of this without spending money, but don't know whether to try new cpu, new gpu, or a non-asus board...

I would say its a gpu issue myself pal.

Back to realbench myself 17 minutes in and luxmark exe has stopped working. FFS

Caporegime
Not necessarily I'd use your 980Ti, the trouble with using your GT730 is that it won't push the motherboard/cpu as hard. Although ideally you need to test your 980Ti in another system too.

Have you tried underclocking your 980Ti?

Soldato
OP
Not necessarily I'd use your 980Ti, the trouble with using your GT730 is that it won't push the motherboard/cpu as hard. Although ideally you need to test your 980Ti in another system too.

Have you tried underclocking your 980Ti?

not under-clocked, but have pushed voltage for it up and power limit.

Caporegime
Try just underclocking it, I don't think you answered before if it was factory overclocked? did Realbench work okay in your previous system?

Back
Top Bottom