Amazon Issue - Item says delivered, but not delivered and refusing to refund or re-attempt delivery.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Wondering if anyone here has had such an issue before.

Ordered a Avalla X-200 Smart Dehumidifier last Friday for £329.
Item was supposedly delivered last Sunday at 21:02 and handed to resident.

No such delivery happened, no attempt picked up on any of the external cameras either, so 100% not received.
Checked with neighbours and nothing.

So put a complaint into Amazon, system says contact the seller, done this but they say contact Amazon as delivered by Amazon.
So gone through this process but every time the response is file a police report.

Filed a police report, police rang me back requesting evidence of delivery such as a signed POD or photo evidence of where it was delivered. Amazon cannot or refusing to supply either, only willing to send their generic email stating parcel handed to resident but no proof of signature or photo, as such police cannot generate a crime reference number.

As anyone had this issue before? Any solution apart from raise a dispute with your credit card company?

I've got to say the interaction and customer service is absolute woeful. They literally close the chat and won't get anyone in management to call back.

Associate
Hi there

Wondering if anyone here has had such an issue before.

Ordered a Avalla X-200 Smart Dehumidifier last Friday for £329.
Item was supposedly delivered last Sunday at 21:02 and handed to resident.

No such delivery happened, no attempt picked up on any of the external cameras either, so 100% not received.
Checked with neighbours and nothing.

So put a complaint into Amazon, system says contact the seller, done this but they say contact Amazon as delivered by Amazon.
So gone through this process but every time the response is file a police report.

Filed a police report, police rang me back requesting evidence of delivery such as a signed POD or photo evidence of where it was delivered. Amazon cannot or refusing to supply either, only willing to send their generic email stating parcel handed to resident but no proof of signature or photo, as such police cannot generate a crime reference number.

As anyone had this issue before? Any solution apart from raise a dispute with your credit card company?

I've got to say the interaction and customer service is absolute woeful. They literally close the chat and won't get anyone in management to call back.

Did you buy it on a credit card. You could request a charge back?

I have never had issues with Amazon and always a bit surprised that they just refunded with no quibble. However the value is probably the issue why they are fighting it.

Edit. Just re-read last two paragraphs again. I would just just request a charge back

Last edited:
Soldato
I remember they received a lot of bad press when PS5 consoles went missing but I think in those cases the parcel was delivered but the item had been swapped. After some news reports they did send out new consoles.

Does seem crazy that for high value items they haven't gone back to requiring a signature and really it should be on them to prove it has been delivered. As they aren't playing ball I'd use the credit card protection and let them sort it out.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Had the reverse issue of when I sent the item back and it somehow got lost by EVRI and then I was held responsible for the lost parcel.

Go with a charge back and don't waste your time with their awful customer service. Anything above £100 now and they basically see it as your problem no matter who was actually responsible.

Soldato
I’ve never had any problems with Amazon customer services, when my goods valued at over £700 were said to have been delivered and I didn’t have them they asked me to wait 48 hours before giving me a refund.

Luckily my neighbor turned up with them later that day so never had the chance to test how good they were.

Soldato
Amazon are horrendous when it comes to third party sellers.

Had a mobile phone advertised as a UK phone turn up with an EU plug and Italian version android, and the seller tried to argue with me.

Rifle scope that never turned up, seller adamant resent and just to wait.

PIR light never turned up.

Did managed to get those sorted but hassle, I will literally never buy anything from Amazon unless sold by Amazon now, to be honest I try not to use them often anyway.

Their administration of third party sellers is **** poor.

Sign of the times though in general, seems as of the last year or so more retailers just seem not care and the attitude is like "take us to court then" or similar.

Caporegime
I’ve never had any problems with Amazon customer services, when my goods valued at over £700 were said to have been delivered and I didn’t have them they asked me to wait 48 hours before giving me a refund.

Luckily my neighbor turned up with them later that day so never had the chance to test how good they were.

What did you buy for £700? a pack of eggs?

Soldato
Why I try to use companies like OCUK as much as possible, also Pro Cook for kitchen ware is another example, there are others, basically giving very good service you know they are not going to **** you about.

To me that is worth paying a little bit more, plus it's better for our economy rather than paying a huge company that tax avoids, treats their staff like **** and funnels money back into Jeff's own pocket so h can play with phalus shaped rockets.

....and no I'm not just saying that because Gibbo's thread.

Caporegime
Why I try to use companies like OCUK as much as possible, also Pro Cook for kitchen ware is another example, there are others, basically giving very good service you know they are not going to **** you about.

To me that is worth paying a little bit more, plus it's better for our economy rather than paying a huge company that tax avoids, treats their staff like **** and funnels money back into Jeff's own pocket so h can play with phalus shaped rockets.

....and no I'm not just saying that because Gibbo's thread.

Suckup to Gibbo: achievement progress: 1/500

Completion reward for 500/500: free shipping.

Associate
I remember they received a lot of bad press when PS5 consoles went missing but I think in those cases the parcel was delivered but the item had been swapped. After some news reports they did send out new consoles.

Does seem crazy that for high value items they haven't gone back to requiring a signature and really it should be on them to prove it has been delivered. As they aren't playing ball I'd use the credit card protection and let them sort it out.

it's strange, they do it randomly for some high value items, bought a roomba last year and that required me to show the delivery guy a code on my phone, my ecoflow for camping had to have a signature and ordered a pair of relatvily pricey headphones just today that will be signature required tommorow.

that said i've also had the situation TC described as well, item flagged as delivered, no attempt was ever made that and i could prove with the camera but at least in my case they didn't quibble about the refund.

Back
Top Bottom