Amazon Pilot, Bosch.

Soldato
Done both seasons in the last fortnight. Absolutely brilliant. Season 2 is the better of the two I feel.

Exactly the same for me. Did last two episodes of season 2 last night and really enjoyed it.

Thing I find with this is that cases aren't solved in one episodes, sometimes they span a good chunk of a season or even running through a season.

Well written and I really rate Titus Welliver as a solid TV actor. Just checked him on IMDB and surprised the number of bigger TV programs he'd been in.

Read up this morning that it's Amazon's top drama show so was commissioned for season 3 just as season 2 started.

Makes you wonder whether they made it wondering if it would be commissioned for next season as it seemed to resolve the bigger storylines... maybe.

Caporegime
Another thing I noticed about it was the sheer awesomeness of the picture quality. Some of the night time LA flyover scenes look unreal. I tried googling to see if it was in 4k (I have a 4k telly) but no luck.

Also, does Harry's apartment remind anyone else of Franklins posh pad in GTA5?

Caporegime
Just finished watching both seasons in the last week. Not norlaly a fan of that kind of stuff so kept ignoring the recommendation. It was brilliant. We are now waiting for season 3...

So much of it reminded me of GTA. Just goes to show how well the GTA crew managed to distill the essence of LA into a much smaller game based area. Everything from the city centre to the large roads to Boschs' house.

Man of Honour
MC is one of my favourite authors, he has done quite a lot of books in the series so plenty of material that could be used. Also potential for spin off into some of his related characters (Mickey Haller / Jack McEvoy etc).

Soldato
I've read all of MC's books (i think, might have missed the odd one) but still havent actually watched this series, maybe i should?
100%, I struggled to picture what (who?) Bosch should be, and even though he doesn't match as per the books visually..Titus Welliver is a perfect fit. Can't wait for S3 next month.

Soldato
I've read all the books too and absolutely love the series, Titus Welliver has done a fantastic job of bringing Harry to life. It can get a bit confusing sometimes as they use more than one book to build each season, so story lines that may have been years apart in the books run concurrently in the series but the director(s) have made it all work quite seamlessly.

Man of Honour
agreed its fantastic, and he fits the bill so well.
and despite not following the books and joining several together it still works amazingly well and for those of us who have read the books, mixes it up a little.

Man of Honour
wahoo, for some reason i thought it was the 25th, well i know what im doing at work tonight as long as i get phone reception.

Soldato
Can some one just recap what happened in the last episode of season 2? I forgot and not sure I have seen both season or not before I start Season 3.
Did Bosch get a phone call or something in an office and was it his mum/dad or someone like that? bit vague I know but can't quite remember.

Back
Top Bottom