Votes: 10 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 161 79.7%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 31 15.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
That was the point I was making, Bosch Legacy went to Freevee for absolutely no reason other than Amazon seeing how many would watch... and it worked ( inc me ) .
I think this must be a regional thing as I thought only USA and Uk have Amazon Freevee. I just checked in Spain and this show appears normally on primevideo for me. Never seen the show, but I did recently watch Jury Diuty on Prime and I just realised that and Bosch Legacy both say "Freevee Original". Jury Duty definitely didn't have any adverts.

rp2000

Associate
I feel like this has been coming for a while.

People spent a lot of time laughing at traditional cable / satellite TV for having ads, but people just develop a tolerance to it and cease to care. We'll see the prices slowly creep up, the numbers of ads slowly increase, and eventually there won't even be an ad free option, and people will be paying to stream and watch ads as well.

At this point I find ads so frustrating I just don't watch broadcast TV, so hoping at least some streaming services remain ad-free but I'm not holding my breath.

Soldato
Guess I missed out on those adverts, whenever I try to watch anything on Freevee or IMDB on my Samsung Smart TV via my Prime subscription it just says "This device is incompatible with those channels" or some such ******** and won't let me watch.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Probably going to ditch prime next year anyway. Too expensive, and all these companies just keep making it more so, and strupping features (like this with ads)

I genuinely get decision paralysis with too many streaming services anyway. Might just stick to Netflix and then dip on for a month here and there for the others if there are a load of things I want to watch on them.

This is what I do. None of the others have enough content for me.

Soldato
Amazon Prime sucks massive donkeyballs.

I will likely cancel when my yearly sub comes to an end, they already put a hefty price increase on prime subscription. If they expect me to pay more than £95 to remove ads they can sod off.

Soldato
I’ve been watching more content on the freeview side of things than their prime selection.

Besides Prime TV is more of a benefit from the shipping than anything. Wouldn’t pay for it solo.

Apple/Disney/Netflix/Amazon what’s that like 40 to 50 quid for the best packages if you aren’t using any region tricks?

Last edited:
Soldato
One ads come in I wonder if freevee will still exist, and if so for those who pay extra for no ads will freevee have no ads.

Man of Honour
I usually leave my subscriptions running, but I don't do ads in TV shows or movies, I don't do paying extra to remove ads over a reasonable price in the first place, so this will probably force me into just paying now and again like 1-2 months a year to watch stuff or if ordering a lot and cancel the subscription the rest of the year :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They’ve all got ads now?

It’s all a mess, you now need about 6 services which all cost money. We’re basically back to Sky again

Some of them have ads on the most basic tier but only a few like Now TV have an added subscription on top of the normal (reasonable) fee to remove ads :( and that is a total joke as if you go to cancel and/or cancel for a month on Now TV you can just endlessly get offers to pay what would be a reasonable price, or less... I paid I think less than £4/m for Entertainment + Boost for the last 12 months and I don't think my current offer, which is basically Entertainment + Boost for the normal price of Entertainment runs out until May... *shakes head*.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom