• Yes

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 161 79.7%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 31 15.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
We'll still keep Prime for the delivery (only reason we got it in the first place). Not a chance of them getting us to pay extra for no ads on a streaming service that isn't really all that great in my opinion.
Seems like they're all trying to squeeze us for an extra couple of quid these days, I'm getting sick of it.

Caporegime
Prime Video is just an added garnish to what we actually pay for (the delivery side of things).

After experiencing FreeVee to watch Jury Duty, and being subjected to adverts for the first time in half a decade, if ads make their way into the (admittedly limited) things we want to watch, well, we'll just watch them via other means (still paying for Prime though, so morally it's like whatever, I guess)

Soldato
Got an email this morning stating the ads will start on 5th February. Interestingly it says that Eire, Isle and Man and Channel Islands will remain ad free so I may spin up a permanent VPN to one of these options just for my TV to use.

Caporegime
I think I'll end my prime subscription once it is up later this year.

I might just dip in for the odd month to binge watch any of the series I like. In fact if all the streaming platforms start doing this I'll do the same.

I hope that on Amazon, they are least do what Disney does with films and only show adverts at the start and not in the middle.

Associate
I had the email this morning, depressingly it led the MrsLizard to look at the account stats which stated we had 224 parcels delivered in the last 12 months and somehow watched 200 hrs of tv (though my parent use the account too... ) still I suspect we will pay to remove ads, I cancelled netflix earlier in the year, so its just Prime, Disney+ (which is somehow free with car insurance...) and NOW which costs the earth but Formula1 and golf require it

Soldato
I just went to go and cancel my renewal, and I found that I don’t actually have an active prime membership, despite being able to get prime delivery and Prime Video.

I even went onto live chat to clarify that I didn’t have it, but now I’m going to shut up and see how long it lasts. Apparently I haven’t paid since 2019 :)

Soldato
This is my Prime Benefits:

Screenshot-2023-12-29-at-11-16-51.png

I made 48 orders in 2023 but most of those were kindle books or tv shows / movies so no Prime benefit for those. I'd be surprised if the Prime Video figures were accurate, not sure if that counts paid for things / Paramount+ (I binged the new Beavis and Butthead series via a trial and used the Amazon app).
5uMTYtk.png

Jeff has me hooked.

I don't even remember using Amazon music but maybe they had an album on there that wasn't on Apple Music or YouTube music.

Soldato
I cancelled my Prime on the 1st. I was using it to much to spend money on stuff I probably didn't actually need but thought go on then. I think in December I made 33 orders and returned 11 things (the only real benefit to using Amazon over other companies), but without Prime I know I will order less and thus spend less.

Soldato
IIRC I started using Amazon in 1999, ordering books from them.
I have used Prime for many years and will continue to do so, to a point....

With the additional postage costs now being added for some items that your want a rushed delivery for, under £20, and now adverts I do get to feel that reasons are getting to the point of annoyance with the service that I have enjoyed where it will not take much more for me to cancel Prime.

It is aggregating as they are not exactly on their uppers, struggling with greatly declining profits.
They don't just want my money and be content they seem to want to offer less and yet ask for more.

I would tend to combine my orders to a single shipping day, unless urgent. I would not often use the once free same day delivery for certain items, again unless very urgent.

It seems somewhat one sided.

Even our Alexa's keep trying to tell us to reorder stuff......
They told me that due to my order history that I might want to order a solar panel. I know that I can order some crap but we have never ordered anything associated with one of those..!

Meh

Associate
I got prime for the delivery so the video was only ever an extra for me as I struggled to find things to watch anyway. I'd like to say screw it and I'll cancel but it's too convenient. I won't bother watching anything though as I really can't stand ads.

Back
Top Bottom