Amazon Prime - Dont have it then you can wait.

Associate
I live within 20 minutes of one of their Distribution Centre's which I guess is why I've never had a late prime-delivery. Surprised they haven't bolstered their numbers of temps though to avoid the bad press, not that it'll really affect them much.

Man of Honour
4 Christmas parcels, all delivered on time. I don't understand how some of you have it so bad.
95 orders this year, a lot with more than one parcel in them and had it late once.

Associate
^Sounds like the xbox pad order i had to cancel

I found another on there for £5 more, but with the £5 voucher they gave, it's virtually the same price.
Ordered yesterday and out for delivery today... If the courier actually manages to make it to my workplace before 5pm

Soldato
No prime, but, I need to request a return some shoes to Amazon (Dispatched from and sold by Amazon) which have shown a defect, after some wear.

Any recommendations of how you can show them photographs of the problem ?

Is it like ebay where you have to send photographs using their system, or,
can you send a flickr/imgur link, and hope that the customer representative will be able to access internet and see them ?

Man of Honour
No prime, but, I need to request a return some shoes to Amazon (Dispatched from and sold by Amazon) which have shown a defect, after some wear.

Any recommendations of how you can show them photographs of the problem ?

Is it like ebay where you have to send photographs using their system, or,
can you send a flickr/imgur link, and hope that the customer representative will be able to access internet and see them ?
Jump on webchat and ask them, you'll then know for sure in about 30 seconds.

Or just say they're broken I'd like to return them, they won't even check when they receive them as has been shown by people getting totally the wrong things in warehouse deals.

Soldato
Well I think there is a delivery driver walking around with a X299 ASUS Rampage board and first issue I have had in 6 years with 1000+ orders now :mad:

Initial one was missing some accessories so RMA'd the whole thing and they back-ordered replacement. Was scheduled to arrive on Thursday, but get a message at 1:30 PM on Wednesday saying it will be delivered that day, no issue as I am off anyways. Come 9 PM, no delivery so expected it may be delivered on Thursday like planned, Except get message saying Item was delivered at 11:27 PM WTF?!?!? Of course it had not been delivered and up until now driver maintained he handed it to me. Main customer service team is kind of useless and was on horn to them and had a issue flagged 12 mins after supposed delivery and investigation open. I provided examples of recent deliveries of higher value that made it to address fine and step by step process of what I think happened. Said team, then read the order number for recent deliveries which arrived correctly and unbeknown to me perfom a check on all the delivery numbers I provided to them as an example of parcels arriving correctly (all aside from the X299 board order) and of course get confirmation from delivery company they received it correctly. Finally they check right order number and Amazon Logistic's is still adamant the delivered it. Finally got on to hold of someone senior and they agreed, makes no sense for parcel to be delivered coming up to midnight, nuts and my order history being pretty extensive they dispatched another board. Of course its the high value item this all happens on, Rant over :)

Yeah if you did loads of review's they will catch on quick. I was in top 100 reviewer's at one point and now still top 150, but cba to leave review's and got 20 or so free item requests a day until Amazon cracked down on it to the extent I made a separate E-mail address for all that. Of course they can't do that any longer so try to do dodgy schemes asking you to buy the item then they will reimburse through Paypal. So many unread E-mails like that lol.

Just to add to the 3rd party seller schemes.

Yesterday I got a letter through the post, following my sellers review regarding a USB that I bought. The letter asked me to make a choice from nine different items and then make a review of the item I had already bought and then link them to it. They will then send me my chosen gift, but I would also need to complete a review of that as well.

Never had a letter through the post before.

Not that I am overly concerned but the USB cables I purchased were sold by a third party but fulfilled by Amazon, which made me a little surprised that the third party seller had my address details etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
no one is perfect - John Lewis missing delivery schedule

Hello,

We're sorry your Click & collect order 123xxx won’t be ready for you to pick up by 2pm from
WR Waitrose , Cambridgeshire, xxx.

It should be with us later today or tomorrow. We’ll send you an email as soon as it’s ready for you to collect.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
t_space

Thank you for shopping with us,
Customer Service team
John Lewis

not sure if I can demand a reduced click and collect fee/credit ?

Soldato
Did they say it was a guaranteed one day delivery?
while not next day they tell you when you will be able to collect it when you place it
Your order will be ready to collect from 2 pm on Friday 29th December and will be available for 7 days

and their T&C are unclear of what their obligations are
if they fail to meet that ... they could say re-schedule, and say, it will take two weeks;
but despite an apology, customer disappointment always weighs more than successes (forget what the weighting is)

Costs and timings
Click & collect is FREE from your chosen John Lewis or Waitrose for orders of £30 and over, or £2 if you spend less. It's a 7-day service, so you can shop with ease over the weekend. Please note though, that you'll be able to collect your order during shopping hours but not browsing time on Sundays.

Associate
4 Christmas parcels, all delivered on time. I don't understand how some of you have it so bad.
95 orders this year, a lot with more than one parcel in them and had it late once.

I've made about 20 orders since mid-November and around half of them have been late by several days or more. The latest one (a watch) was ordered on the 27th Dec and has apparently gone missing. They guaranteed (and used the word themselves) delivery by 9pm yesterday and then 10pm yesterday - when it failed to materialise they admitted they had no idea where it was and asked me to have faith in them (again, their words). After some pressure they then refunded me the wrong amount (£4 too little) and proceeded to tell me I was misreading the numbers (I'm not even joking). I spoke to a supervisor with the worst grasp of English I've ever heard - after he accused me of being confused and not listening properly I asked to speak to someone else so he told me I was making personal comments and hung up! I totally expect things to take longer to arrive over Christmas but there's no really no excuse for that kind of behaviour (and I've complained in writing).

The problem however seems to originate with the local delivery people, which is why we can have such varying experiences - they are truly awful around here and lie to customer services about where things really are, leaving CS hopelessly ill equipped to deal with customers. Their standard grovelling apologies wear pretty thin after more and more broken deadlines.

I've cancelled prime now, there's really no point in having it since they fail so frequently.

Soldato
My experience is much the same as the above. Failed to deliver on Friday. CS assured me I would get the delivery on Saturday, they had 'contacted' carrier to confirm this 3 times they said this over chat. As expected nothing arrived. CS now want to re-order the items for me. So are they paying the carrier more than once for their incompetence?

Anyone know how the carriers are paid wrt failed deliveries etc?

Man of Honour

236 this year - 3 failures - one was late due to Amazon but 2 of those were due to UPS (Tamworth) being **** and entirely losing the order.

I've seen none of the issues really that some are complaining of.

Back
Top Bottom