Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Man of Honour
I got an email today saying I was a Prime member which I'm not so I went to Amazon and I'm a Prime member on a months trial!
Apparently 3 weeks ago my 5 year old Niece had clicked on a few things on my Fire TV :)
I canceled and they gave me another month free so I'm thinking what I can do before June 6th.
watch all seasons of bosch for a start.

Soldato
I too have found that Amazon's despatch times seem to be getting longer recently even on Prime .... in fact to the state that I put two orders in to Amazon, one in the UK and one in Japan, for things sold by Amazon themselves and supposedly in stock, and the item from Japan arrived ~3 days before the one from the UK ...

Soldato
Getting fed up with Prime. They used to be awesome, same day delivery on many products and guaranteed next day for 99% of their stock. My Astro A50s died so I want to order new ones. £250 on Amazon which is the going rate, great thinks I, I'll order it on Prime Now and have it in a couple of hours. Price? £350. £100 more for same day delivery. Fair enough, I can use an alternative for the night and get them delivered tomorrow. Can I? No. Wednesday soonest. It's not like I live in the sticks either.

Prime cancelled. Not worth paying extra for delivery which can be had free elsewhere.

/Rant

Order from both Amazon and Prime Now, get it same day and then return the other item to Prime Now when it arrives :)

That is unusual though. I've always found prices to be the same for items (as long as sold by Amazon)

Soldato
I ordered two items (a DVD player for my parents and a wallet for my Dad) at 2:00pm on Saturday and it showed the usual order in "X hours to get it by Sun 29 May". Chose One Day delivery. Received the email stating expected delivery 29 May and that's when the wallet arrived. The DVD, however, is due to be delivered today (30 May). I complained to Amazon via online chat and got a response that stated "One day delivery is fro the point at which we receive the item and then dispatch it. The One Day delivery is from the dispatch date". Given that the DVD was an Amazon warehouse deal I told them that didn't cut the mustard and got a month's free prime. I wasn't impressed at all though and it really felt like a corporate brush off.

At the end of the day though, Prime is still a bargain in my eyes. The TV is excellent (Bosch, Lucifer, loads of films), delivery is usually excellent, I haven't paid for an ebook in 2 years due to the amount of Super Saver credits I get, etc.

Soldato
Just moan at Amazon via email - it's what I do, got a few voucher codes for money off and extensions to my Prime.

Often I find that I order stuff, it's clearly shown as Next Day Prime - but arrive 2-3 days later.

Soldato
I got an email today saying I was a Prime member which I'm not so I went to Amazon and I'm a Prime member on a months trial!
Apparently 3 weeks ago my 5 year old Niece had clicked on a few things on my Fire TV :)
I canceled and they gave me another month free so I'm thinking what I can do before June 6th.

Watch:

The Man in the High Castle
Into the Badlands
Sneaky Pete
American Gods
Lucifer

If you have young kids aged 6-12 then these 2 TV series (although I probably enjoyed them as much as my little girls did):

The legend of Korra

Oh and order stuff with free delivery

Back
Top Bottom