Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Associate
Used ? hard disks have set packaging and you cannot RMA without the proper plastic container for it afaik. I always keep the packaging bit for this reason till the warranty is done

No, they were brand new and sealed in just their anti-static bags with a bit of brown paper packing. I did check the SMART power-on hours first and foremost and then a full test with the in-built Hikvision tools on the NVR.

Apparently, it's hit or miss depending on who packed them and how well they come packed.

Soldato
I wouldnt say for sure, maybe it depends on the manufacturer but I'd check the RMA procedure as if you did need to return them. I've been surprised how they required this original hard plastic wrapping specifically. Amazon told me themselves they only cover 'small' items upto 6 months, I thought we always got a year but they changed it a while back apparently

Soldato
Order an item on the morning of 29th for delivery today . I then checked today and says Royal Mail , so no chance of that then

I've noticed last couple of months quite few of my parcels are coming via Royal Mail even tho I have Prime and taking extra day or so

bJN

bJN

Soldato
My Lord I despise Hermes. Ordered some speakers and speaker stands on Friday evening. Amazon (prime) had next day delivery for the speakers, so Sunday as I ordered late in the evening, and the day after for the stands. Speakers dispatched Saturday afternoon and out for delivery at 6:47AM on Sunday. Tracking updated at 9:58AM for Delay in delivery due to external factors. Then updated again at 12:41PM to say Held by carrier - customer to arrange delivery - I have serious gripe with this because this update didn't appear until late into the evening! It then updated again at 10:36PM with Delay in delivery due to external factors, again. Now in my mind that reads as someone has seen a nice pair of speakers and thought "they'd make a nice Christmas present to myself".

The speaker stands then dispatch on Sunday (again with Hermes), out for delivery today and have just arrived! I had a naive hope that they had been clever and just grouped the two together; but alas not the case. Such a stupid, unreliable, useless company that just tarnishes Amazon Prime that I haven't ever really had an issue with.

*edit*

Just to add, this is all from the Amazon tracking details. If I use the Hermes tracking information it says nothing about contacting them to arrange; simply "We're sorry your parcel has been delayed, we'll have it on the move in the next 24 hours".

Soldato
(thread title is memorable)

#metoo
I received a call with a recorded message telling me my Amazon Prime membership was being automatically renewed and £39 would be debited from my account. I am not a Prime member and do not want to join. Is this a known scam?
RM, London

I have been receiving those same calls which invite you to “press option one” if you do not wish to renew. The robotic voice and appalling recording quality are enough to show it’s a scam, but people are still being taken in. One elderly woman was defrauded of £25,000 last month after pressing option one.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/oct/10/amazon-prime-scam-phone-calls

I'd already started to put the phone down, as, characteristically there was no voice for 5s or so, but the word amazon peaked my interest so started listening again.
- first response was to check I hadn't inadvertently signed up ... but I assume they would send me an email if I had.

Man of Honour
(thread title is memorable)

#metoo

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/oct/10/amazon-prime-scam-phone-calls

I'd already started to put the phone down, as, characteristically there was no voice for 5s or so, but the word amazon peaked my interest so started listening again.
- first response was to check I hadn't inadvertently signed up ... but I assume they would send me an email if I had.

I've had it five times and I just start shouting "Please don't charge me I can't afford" and they put the phone down.
I do the same with the BT Router one also.

Soldato
I think I've had my worst Amazon delivery now. Ordered a bunch of items for Christmas, so ended up getting free delivery. The bulk order arrived as planned but a small frustration free packaging package was sent seperately.

Ordered 10th, somehow seemed to get lost, eventually picked up again and delivered on the 19th.

Man of Honour
snip

Just to add, this is all from the Amazon tracking details. If I use the Hermes tracking information it says nothing about contacting them to arrange; simply "We're sorry your parcel has been delayed, we'll have it on the move in the next 24 hours".

I had that a few months ago with a Groupon order, Hermes were useless and Groupon eventually gave me a refund when it was clear Hermes had lost it.

Caporegime
OP
Ordered something from these clowns, had it down to be delivered at work, didn't arrive. Email "handed to receptionist".

No, it wasn't. Loads of packages were (400 people in the office), but mine wasn't.

Customer service in Friday: "need three days for investigation pls".

Fine. This takes the date to past christmas, and I need it for Christmas, so I buy a replacement elsewhere.

Email from them this morning, rather vague and borderline accusatory, so hop on chat again, first representative "ye soz lol it was accidentally marked as delivered, new one will be arriving tomoz"

No, I've already replaced it because you told me you needed three days to get your act together, and I have no use for this item, so I want a refund.

"Hold on, new operator coming"

"Hi, new operator here, pls sign affidavit, scan and return it"

What the actual **** amazon?

Suffice to say this will rather likely be the nail in the coffin for them, enough is enough. I've been buying from them for over 10 years, loads of little niggles and irritations but nothing that couldn't be overlooked but this is just ridiculous.

Soldato
Ordered something from these clowns, had it down to be delivered at work, didn't arrive. Email "handed to receptionist".

No, it wasn't. Loads of packages were (400 people in the office), but mine wasn't.

Customer service in Friday: "need three days for investigation pls".

Fine. This takes the date to past christmas, and I need it for Christmas, so I buy a replacement elsewhere.

Email from them this morning, rather vague and borderline accusatory, so hop on chat again, first representative "ye soz lol it was accidentally marked as delivered, new one will be arriving tomoz"

No, I've already replaced it because you told me you needed three days to get your act together, and I have no use for this item, so I want a refund.

"Hold on, new operator coming"

"Hi, new operator here, pls sign affidavit, scan and return it"

What the actual **** amazon?

Suffice to say this will rather likely be the nail in the coffin for them, enough is enough. I've been buying from them for over 10 years, loads of little niggles and irritations but nothing that couldn't be overlooked but this is just ridiculous.
Sounds like someone left their Christmas shopping a little late ;)

Mistakes do happen, it's just unlucky that it happened to you when you were relying on the swift delivery.

Caporegime
OP
Sounds like someone left their Christmas shopping a little late ;)

Mistakes do happen, it's just unlucky that it happened to you when you were relying on the swift delivery.

Yeah it's not ideal, but I've found a workaround fairly easily. It's just the inconvenience of it all tbh. And the fact they're treating me as a crim when the onus is on them is rubbing me the wrong way.

Caporegime
OP
Before I post this, a few answers to the inevitable questions: Yes, I have checked the post room properly, no, we've never had anything go missing in our post room, no, our receptionists wouldn't have nicked it, we get about 50-100 amazon deliveries a day at this time of year, I've had loads of stuff delivered here with no problems.

On to their reply:

Hello David,

We’re sorry to hear that you haven’t received your item for order #206-4199599-7501149.

We have fully investigated this matter, including with the delivery carrier who delivered the package. Based on the outcome of our investigations, we believe the package was delivered to the correct address. In particular we have considered information from our records, as follows which indicate the item as delivered:

- the timed geocode stamp of the delivery location;
- information collected at the point of delivery; and
- the package weight and reported condition upon delivery.

Accordingly, based on our investigations, we won’t be able to provide a replacement or refund for this order at this time.

If you think that someone has intercepted your item without your permission, this is a crime, and you may wish to contact your local police authorities to pursue this matter further. To assist, we recommend that you provide a copy of this email to the police to help explain what has happened. We will happily cooperate with the police as part of any investigation.

If the issue isn't resolved after contacting local police, please contact us again and include a copy of the police report, crime reference number and details of the station where the incident was reported. Please note: to assist in obtaining a police report, we recommend that you provide a copy of this email to the police to help explain what has happened. We will then validate the report with the local police force in question; for that reason, we are unable to accept reports filed On Line, by Telephone or with Action Fraud, as this is a reporting centre, rather than a local police force.

Please forward a PDF, JPG or PNG copy of the police report to the following address: [email protected]. Please be sure to include key information including:

- Name/Rank of the officer
- Name of police station
- Phone Number of police station
- Crime Reference Number

As the outcome of our detailed investigation suggests that the item was delivered, unfortunately without any such police report reporting the crime of theft or interception of the item, we are unable to take further action.

Thank you for your understanding.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

So I've bought an item, it wasn't delivered. I then bought another one at a competitor because Amazon said they would need three business days to investigate. The next business day I get a vague email from them so get in touch on their chat. "Can have it delivered tomoz".

No, I don't want it tomorrow, I've already replaced it because you said I wouldn't have it before Christmas and it's a Christmas gift. Chat to someone else. Make me sign an affidavit. Signed and returned affidavit, and this is their response.

"Lol go **** yourself, merry christmas".

Guess I have to waste more time on these idiots, but they're going to refund me one way or another.

Caporegime
OP
Quick update, I emailed their UK CEO yesterday and got a reply this afternoon, literally as I was sitting in Brixton police station waiting to file a report.

Dear Mr Diddums,

My name is John and I am contacting you on behalf of Doug Gurr, our Amazon UK Managing Director.

I am so sorry to hear you did not receive Samsung Solid State Drive.

I can appreciate that this is a busy time of year so to expedite matters I've now requested a refund of £124.98. When the refund is completed in our system, we'll send you an e-mail letting you know the date, amount and payment details. You can see information about completed refunds in ‘Your Account’ once you've received a confirmation e-mail from us.

Wishing you a lovely week ahead and I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Winner winner chicken dinner. Cost me £4 in parking costs but it's a lot cheaper than £125 and wasting half of Christmas Eve waiting to be seen.

Soldato
I had a huge row with amazon recently regarding a non working pair of ear phones.

contacted the customer service as usual and we were told on live chat to bin the item and a replacement would be sent (it was) and we wouldn't be charged. As a disclaimer we checked with this agent 3 times that they wanted us to just bin these £250 headphones and they said yes.

as you can guess we were charged and amazon point blank refused to refund the amount and i got passed from department to department for the next few weeks whilst an “investigation” was carried out, finally ended up at what i believe was some kind of fraud office or similar who also refused to believe that we were told to bin the non functioning headphones.

fortunately for me however i always click to have an email of the chat send to me and produced this to amazon who admitted after much deliberating that they had no way out and had to refund me.

can guarantee someone got sacked that day.

Back
Top Bottom