Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
This advert stuff is nonsense. I wonder if someone will come up with a way to block them shortly.

Failing that, time to hit the high seas again I'm afraid. Yo ho ho!

IPTV providers must be rubbing their hands with glee.

Last edited:
Associate
This advert stuff is nonsense. I wonder if someone will come up with a way to block them shortly.

Failing that, time to hit the high seas again I'm afraid. Yo ho ho!

IPTV providers must be rubbing their hands with glee.
2 years tops, they'll be whining about piracy to governments in an attempt to demand more of a clamp down.

As if it ever worked.

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
After 12 years I have paused my membership from the 22 of this month.
Stick it to the man!

I don't mind the adverts at the beginning I could cope with those, but during programs is just horrible.
I've stumped up the extra £3 a month for now.
Oh fgs.

Right we are net-zero impact to Amazons bottomline atm! I'll keep tally.

Associate
I bought an amp from Amazon. 2 days later the price dropped by £20, so I phoned them. They said to return the more expensive item and buy the cheaper item. I said just give £20 back and you won't have to pay for delivery twice. It took 15 minutes for the penny to drop.

Soldato
I bought an amp from Amazon. 2 days later the price dropped by £20, so I phoned them. They said to return the more expensive item and buy the cheaper item. I said just give £20 back and you won't have to pay for delivery twice. It took 15 minutes for the penny to drop.
Did they do it? I generally muscle memory this process as I CBA to ping them. I just rebuy and return the new one on the old receipt.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Cancelled my prime and got an £80 refund. Well over ten years! No hardship, realised I can still get free delivery over X amount and anything under there are two lockers in opposite directions both walking distance which give free delivery. In trying to justify it, the lockers are more convenient as Sod’s Law the deliveries either come when out or baby is asleep so there’s a silver lining. We rarely used Prime Video and even less likely now it’s got ads.

We will see how we fare, if it’s a PITA we can resub.

Last edited:
Soldato
No one should pay the increased prices it's extortion of their existing user base. Ads on a paid service? What a joke. Clowns who are paying the increase are stupid.

Plenty of alternatives which arguably provide a better/higher quality streaming service at a much cheaper cost, that are just going to get more and more popular. Amazon delivery is free to lockers.

Last edited:
Soldato
cancelled mine. not paying for adverts. used it to backup photos for ages. makes you wonder what it's worth anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
No one should pay the increased prices it's extortion of their existing user base. Ads on a paid service? What a joke. Clowns who are paying the increase are stupid.

Plenty of alternatives which arguably provide a better/higher quality streaming service at a much cheaper cost, that are just going to get more and more popular. Amazon delivery is free to lockers.
Which alternative at a cheaper cost with better quality?

Really don't appreciate being called a clown or stupid! It's my choice what I deem acceptable. I use the unlimited photo backup how much is that worth? I get a free book each month for my Kindle.

These are for a 4k where available.
Disney+ £10.99
Netflix £17.99
Now TV £13.99 (no 4k)
Amazon £10.90
Paramount+ £6.99 (no 4k)

So go why is it extortionate? That's not even taking into account all the other stuff you get with Prime.

Last edited:
Soldato
Which alternative at a cheaper cost with better quality?

Really don't appreciate being called a clown or stupid! It's my choice what I deem acceptable. I use the unlimited photo backup how much is that worth? I get a free book each month for my Kindle.

These are for a 4k where available.
Disney+ £10.99
Netflix £17.99
Now TV £13.99 (no 4k)
Amazon £10.90
Paramount+ £6.99 (no 4k)

So go why is it extortionate? That's not even taking into account all the other stuff you get with Prime.
Not allowed to say on here, but it's not Iptv or torrents (directly) it's a paid service at a low cost per month which gives you 4k streams to whatever is available. Wasn't really intended for this purpose originally as its been around 10years + but is probably the most fluid solution available.

Unlimited photo storage is available on Google photos for free if your on android.

That's a lot of money to pay for your services to be so fragmented. Basically cable tv.

Last edited:
Soldato
Following the big increase from Ring (Amazon owned) and then the small extra payment, should you not want adverts, I can see other free, or low cost Amazon services following suits in the not so distant future.

I've also noticed more and more so over the past year, that many series are moving to other pay to view platforms and some movies are now only viewable at a cost that was not there previously.

Back
Top Bottom