• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Just rubbish that I will still be out of pocket for returning because they charged more than they should. i'm torn whether to keep it or not to be honest, seems a good card, just annoyed at the extra cost simply because i Bought it here.

You knew the MSRP from and was 650 USD unless you've been under a rock so we knew 680 was high.

You're own FOMO is noones fault but your own.

Don't worry about that. They've got a load of juicy, full cost 3080 pre-order money, and they'll soon have a load of juicy 6800xt AIB pre-order money to help out their struggling business.

They don't even need to have the stock yet!
To be fair I think they'd prefer to have actual product. I think it's been a logistical nightmare dealing with the orders, queues, refunds and queries. I'm sure the staff are looking forward to dealing with all that again after the Nvidia and Ryzen launches!

I tried that with the wife, then she reminded me I was a stay at home Dad and looking after kids doesn't require a 3090.
I beg to differ... but she is the boss. :(
I must agree with you on this one! In fact, anything less than a top of the line 4k monitor to match this would be unfair to the kids too! How could you distract them with YouTube videos on anything less than 4k? Unbelievable
Can also start to get them interested in tech from an early age...

Do it for the kids.

To be fair I think they'd prefer to have actual product. I think it's been a logistical nightmare dealing with the orders, queues, refunds and queries. I'm sure the staff are looking forward to dealing with all that again after the Nvidia and Ryzen launches!

All they need to do is... yknow... not take the full amount.

Hi folks just thought I would jump in and say I got the "unavailable item" email for the XT, gutted, especially since the AIB's are going to be extortionately more pricey than the reference. Might end up TRYING for the RX in the morning but not holding out much hope.

Just want to share my sympathies with the folks out there in the same sinking ship lol

So, another price gouged paper launch? PC's getting a bit ridiculous these days, isn't it.
To be honest with you a few years ago 'a few hundred cards' would have been fine for a couple of days. Things this year though...absolutely bonkers...demand for every launch is at least tenfold what we used to have to deal with. Which is one of the main issues that we've struggled with the website and why we're investing in a whole new infrastructure next year.

I don't know if the manufacturers really under estimated demand or they just REALLY wanted to get them launched before Black Friday, but the supply vs demand balance is uncontrollably lob sided right now. :(

it's a massive headache for us but I can imagine and sympathise with the frustration felt by those who have "held off" upgrading their PC, waiting for this generation of product to appear.

To be honest with you a few years ago 'a few hundred cards' would have been fine for a couple of days. Things this year though...absolutely bonkers...demand for every launch is at least tenfold what we used to have to deal with. Which is one of the main issues that we've struggled with the website and why we're investing in a whole new infrastructure next year.

I don't know if the manufacturers really under estimated demand or they just REALLY wanted to get them launched before Black Friday, but the supply vs demand balance is uncontrollably lob sided right now. :(

it's a massive headache for us but I can imagine the frustration felt by those who have "held off" upgrading their PC, waiting for this generation of product to appear.

I've seen busy launches.
The 5870 had stock issues, but it didn't kill the website, and I could actually order one, etc etc,

Today I could have been after anything and completely unable to buy anything from OCUK because it just died.

This year has been an absolute joke for PC hardware, the price has escalated so much.

Of course I read the price, but I had no idea what MSRP was as AMD never revealed the UK price until today.

Mate just keep it and enjoy it, next set of cards for sale will probably be same model with another manufacturers sticker on it for £100+ more. So be happy you got one , it took me almost 2 months to get a 3090 and days and weeks wasted in time trying to find one in stock that I wanted and finally after 2 months got the pair of 3090s I wanted at a price that I was willing to pay for them and no they were not FE models. I wish I got the card I wanted for the extra you paid, I paid a lot more for mine in the gouging rate, one of the cards I paid £1700 and the second one £1580 same cards from same retailer and thank god they allowed the 2nd one at £1580 because days before I purchased at the right price and they let it slip.

Same retailer a few days later another card came up different brand and knew people wanted it on the forums Aorus Extreme 3090 and was priced again wrong, £1670 I purchased it but this time they said sorry wrong price and we can't let it slip this time and said to buy it again at correct price £1750.. I didn't but wanted to get it and help someone out here for one (same price I paid for it with the invoice) and then thought £1750 is a lot of money if I get stuck with it and have 2 already and I even offered one of mine to help out forum members earlier in the week for cost I paid £1580 not the £1700 one and they didn't bite then I sold the game code and Geforce code for £40 , knocked the card to £1540 and they still didn't bite for a card that sells for £1700, so I removed it from sale.

So do yourself a favor keep it be happy and then you won't be stuck for months trying to get one at the fake MSRP price that was only for a few cards from AMD as Nvidia did but difference is Nvidia still make the FE , AMD will not have anymore of these reference cards with their branding on it. You will thank me later ;).

Last edited:
it's a massive headache for us but I can imagine and sympathise with the frustration felt by those who have "held off" upgrading their PC, waiting for this generation of product to appear.
Those of us doing full system builds are 100% screwed :p

The amount of OOS items with no more stock expected this year... as you know it's not just limited to GPUs or CPUs..! It's almost everything PC related.

Those of us doing full system builds are 100% screwed :p

The amount of OOS items with no more stock expected this year... as you know it's not just limited to GPUs or CPUs..! It's almost everything PC related.

It's a good job food retailers aren't operating like this, everyone would be **** out of luck if they did! :)

Back
Top Bottom