• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Its mentioned it another thread that you had extra 6800 cards and will become available tomorrow, why wernt they not just allocated today to the people that tried to buy the 6800. No point doing it all again tomorrow
Right, gotcha sorry
all of the XTs sold, faster than we or our website could respond, we only put buy button live for a matter of minutes...it was about an hour before we discovered the full nightmare of the oversale. Because we couldn't trust the website we also pulled the buy button from the non-XTs at the same time and when the dust settled we realised that we hadn't sold them all.

The root problem is that, typically the communication between our website and our back end is almost instantaneous, but the website was apparently handling hundreds of transactions every minute and so that communication basically stalled for a good half hour. We felt it best to leave those free non XT cards for tomorrow, when the general public traffic has died down and give you forum members a heads up. When we do put them up for sale we don't expect to have the thousands of connections which ground us down today.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its mentioned it another thread that you had extra 6800 cards and will become available tomorrow, why wernt they not just allocated today to the people that tried to buy the 6800. No point doing it all again tomorrow
See what price that second allocation lands at. If it's higher than today, that'll be why.

Associate
Did you not look at the price before you ordered? :rolleyes:

You could probably sell on ebay and make a tidy profit instead of returning.
UK prices were not advertised anywhere before I bought, AMD never publicly said what the MSRP was in the Uk, it was only after looking at other websites and reviews after the review embargo (and after I had ordered as no websites were working) that I saw what the price was supposed to be.

I could sell on ebay, but i'm not a c**t.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

UK prices were not advertised anywhere before I bought, AMD never publicly said what the MSRP was in the Uk, it was only after looking at other websites and reviews after the review embargo (and after I had ordered as no websites were working) that I saw what the price was supposed to be.

I could sell on ebay, but i'm not a c**t.

Sell it on members market for what you paid for it? I'm sure someone will come collect so wont have to pay postage.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB on a different note, is there anyway to cancel an order that's already been shipped? not having a moan but I didn't realise how much more these cards were over the MSRP, I tried sending a webnote to cancel and tried calling but there was no answer (I can imagine it was very busy) and by the time I got through it had shipped.

I could go the scummy way and sell the card on ebay, but i'm not an as*hole.
There's nothing that we can do at this stage, the card will have already left us. As I'm sure you've had suggested, delivery refusal is an option. I'd suggest that you drop us a webnote then even if the card does get delivered our returns team could help you.

Associate
Of course I read the price, but I had no idea what MSRP was as AMD never revealed the UK price until today.
I could do, just want to see what returning options are first, I live in a rural area, people would have to travel to collect it from me.
plus as it's above MSRP I will probably be accused of scalping even though thats what I paid. :p

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

@ScottiB on a different note, is there anyway to cancel an order that's already been shipped? not having a moan but I didn't realise how much more these cards were over the MSRP, I tried sending a webnote to cancel and tried calling but there was no answer (I can imagine it was very busy) and by the time I got through it had shipped.

I could go the scummy way and sell the card on ebay, but i'm not an as*hole.

Could just refuse delivery then it will go back to OCUK and you get a refund.

Associate
There's nothing that we can do at this stage, the card will have already left us. As I'm sure you've had suggested, delivery refusal is an option. I'd suggest that you drop us a webnote then even if the card does get delivered our returns team could help you.
Cheers man, I did send a webnote yesterday about cancelling.
So if I refuse delivery I assume it will just be returned straight back to you? Would I be charged though for returning it?

Associate
Sorry am not having it that not one member of staff member took one home today, all retailers give staff priority but that isnt the issue. Why are you reselling cards tomorrow knowing that you cancelled thousands of orders. As the email said first came first served, even if they came in late to you. Those should be allocated to next in line not resold and have another mission with a ertailer that cannot handle the traffic. Just host your stuff on AWS, job sorted

Not to defend entirely what OCUK is doing, ScottiB is right. I worked in online ecomm for several years (at a place if I said, you'd definitely know). Allot of etailers take it pretty seriously so staff don't clear out supply limited stock, for example at place I was at even on Black Friday our staff accounts were limited to 1 purchase per item. Even when it wasn't limited in previous years by the site, they were told him to buy multiples and when some did

wouldn't cover operating costs...not viable for any business I'm sure you'd agree.

Sorry bud. I just don't accept that. You have several SKUs of thousands of products, some will represent higher margin than others. Say a retailer sells clothes and low margin electricals, they don't jack the price on the electricals to recover the margin they use the traffic and acquired customer to drive purchases of higher margin products like clothing. That's why say on retailers like have a diverse product mix theyll often discount electricals heavily reducing their margin further and maintain margin with less clothing discounting.

All retailers balance very low margin products and their price if it means maintaining customer engagement, what you guys have done is exploited a situation to increase the margin on a product that you'd normally be faced making little on. Purely as you know you can. That's why many other retailers didn't jack up the price, because they know how price sensitive buyers are and created a "ah there an expensive place to shop" impression with customers can be a nightmare. Products are never a one time thing, you don't look at the margin of each in isolation. If retailers did so many Products would increase in price.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Cheers man, I did send a webnote yesterday about cancelling.
So if I refuse delivery I assume it will just be returned straight back to you? Would I be charged though for returning it?
I think refunds for refused deliveries exclude delivery fee. Sorry, it's been over a decade since I dealt with any returns so I'm not sure.

Soldato
Sorry bud. I just don't accept that. You have several SKUs of thousands of products, some will represent higher margin than others. Say a retailer sells clothes and low margin electricals, they don't jack the price on the electricals to recover the margin they use the traffic and acquired customer to drive purchases of higher margin products like clothing. That's why say on retailers like have a diverse product mix theyll often discount electricals heavily reducing their margin further and maintain margin with less clothing discounting.

All retailers balance very low margin products and their price if it means maintaining customer engagement, what you guys have done is exploited a situation to increase the margin on a product that you'd normally be faced making little on. Purely as you know you can. That's why many other retailers didn't jack up the price, because they know how price sensitive buyers are and created a "ah there an expensive place to shop" impression with customers can be a nightmare.

Perhaps the issue at the moment is the stock of many products are non existant. CPUs, GPUs obviously, PSUs. Those are core products for OCUK and presumably turnover is very low on them right now as there aren't any. Maybe they had to add margin on the things they know would instantly sell.

Associate
The price compared to us is crazy, the fact the uk is now over paying us prices is just crazy.

We are on our 4th big launch of tech in about a month i have not got a clue how companies are not prepared or have a different method of selling then this laggy mess filled with scalpers but o well clearly no care.

Associate
Perhaps the issue at the moment is the stock of many products are non existant. CPUs, GPUs obviously, PSUs. Those are core products for OCUK and presumably turnover is very low on them right now as there aren't any. Maybe they had to add margin on the things they know would instantly sell.

Covid has been the best thing to happen to companies like Overclockers in years mate, I honestly can't see in general how they're not having one of the best years in their history.... I know a couple of etailers selling similar stuff who definitely are. Previous place I was had have had insane margin and revenue growth this year.

So jacking up the margin on a product for the sake of £25,000 in one day is a complete **** take.

Back
Top Bottom