• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Few posts above he literally posted that, I quote:
"The additional model varieties will go live on our website next Wednesday after 2pm and throughout the day to try and stop the mad rush, but all shall be pre-order with no physical stock which is not expected until end of November / December and again it is small volumes of stock."

That's terrible, by far the worst launch initial shipment of a a few hundred units UK wide the a month until the AIB cards come on. With nothing to fill the gap

Associate
What card did you order?

People are getting really confused thinking they got rejected when others succeeded, but aren't actually comparing if they ordered the same card. The guy who was successful at 14:37 ordered the Powercooler 6800. If you ordered a different card, like W12345 did, then it doesn't compare.

Too many emotions, too little actually reading on my part then - 6800XT (PC), in my case.

Associate
So what do you all think regarding the decision to not publish pages before launch? Personally I thought it was much worse this time around. I didn't even know where to refresh or who would have stock. Wasted 30 minutes refreshing about 8 stores for nothing.

Yeah I have no idea where people got their links from, I was trying site searches etc. to no avail.

Eventually got a couple from a Discord server, it was too late by then

Soldato
I have no idea how you managed that. Every website died for me. Fair play!
pro gamer buying skill. i managed to get a 5900X on day 1 as well :D completely failed to get 3080 or 3090 on day one though.
@Gibbo said one per customer, so i doubt you will get them all if its true
they werent all from ocuk.
From what I'm seeing these suck at mining.
none of the miners will be optimised and there wont be any bios mods yet, so thats not surprising. I'm probably going to be keeping them 18-24 months anyway, so i'm sue theyll be going along nicely by then.

Associate
Confirmation email at 14:37 yet recieved my rejection email now.

Ordered the 6800XT

What a *********** yet again however reading some of these posts, clearly it hasn't been a first come first serve basis at all.

Soldato
Non XT only, sorry, I know that's not what most of you had hoped to pick up.

What the flip is happening here Scott? No AIB stock next week. Hardly any stock today. Reference design canned only a few hours after launch. It's absolutely ridiculous! What are AMD playing at?!

Hey Aldi can you clarify why your Jaffa Cakes are a different price to Tesco... Dear me!!!

This is very poor taste considering that all of us (your customers) have been trying our hardest to buy these products from you today.

Soldato
Hey Aldi can you clarify why your Jaffa Cakes are a different price to Tesco... Dear me!!!

I wish the price was printed on the on the outside of the box, that would stop all this in its tracks. In fact that exactly why McVities prints the retail price on the outside of the box, to stop their loyal Jaffa Cake customers getting fleeced by the unscrupulous.

If it can be done for £1 box of cakes I’m damn sure it could be done for a £600+ GPU!

Pretty bad analogy really ;)

Associate
Did I see something about OCUK posting links on Twitter? Was this direct links to the actual product pages? If so why when us forum members had no idea where to look. So much for loyalty. Will be buying elsewhere from now on, thats just plain wrong, especially when you know how many people will be trying to access your site.

Associate
side note, will anyone actually want a 6800 non xt at the price of a 6800xt? :D:confused:

I don't know if I'll bother for a 6800, because its going to be overpriced and a lot slower than the 6800XT and the 3080... looking at the benchmarks it probably makes more sense to be patient and get a 3080 when the dust settles.

Associate
It's getting a bit beyond a joke, I ordered the 3080 and still in a queue for that since launch day with my money taken, I ordered a 6800 xt without even knowing if it was any good because the reviews did not come out till launch, only to find my money was taken again to later have it cancelled with no refund, currently I can't afford a third card next week, its getting a bit silly now.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
So what do you all think regarding the decision to not publish pages before launch? Personally I thought it was much worse this time around. I didn't even know where to refresh or who would have stock. Wasted 30 minutes refreshing about 8 stores for nothing.
The NDA prevents us from launching early...we usually manage to launch on time but on this occasion the traffic spike actually crashed the server access portal that we use to make sure things so live on time, across all of the website mirrors

Permabanned
The NDA prevents us from launching early...we usually manage to launch on time but on this occasion the traffic spike actually crashed the server access portal that we use to make sure things so live on time, across all of the website mirrors

It's almost as if you had a similar thing happen a few weeks back on another GPU launch :p

Associate
Did I see something about OCUK posting links on Twitter? Was this direct links to the actual product pages? If so why when us forum members had no idea where to look. So much for loyalty. Will be buying elsewhere from now on, thats just plain wrong, especially when you know how many people will be trying to access your site.
No that's not true. There was link to 6800 lineup I had this page since 13:55 - I found I through the menu didn't need to check Twitter or Facebook for that. It was blank until around 14:25

Back
Top Bottom