• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 7nm GPU News and Rumours 2018/2019

Associate
Don't want to crush your dreams, but AMD already confirmed, that Navi won't come early 2018. But Navi Marketing will start CES 2019 with Lisas Keynote. Same as Polaris and Vega Marketing started around that time. Navi release will be after Computex or in Q3. Timelines are the same as Vega/Polaris.

Soldato
Don't want to crush your dreams, but AMD already confirmed, that Navi won't come early 2018. But Navi Marketing will start CES 2019 with Lisas Keynote. Same as Polaris and Vega Marketing started around that time. Navi release will be after Computex or in Q3. Timelines are the same as Vega/Polaris.

I suppose anything is possible in the tech world but my bet would be a 7nm VEGA with some possible upgrades to provide a gpu more oriented for gaming rather than a do it all card type of card VEGA is currently. Just remains to be seen how much performance they can get out of such a card. The problem is eventually AMD will need a new GPU architecture that competes on a similar node process. You can bet NVIDIA are currently busy designing a GPU on a 7nm process, they will be determined the take advantage such a node provides together with their architectural performance. My point is even if a AMD 7nm card competes with RTX2080TI cards you can be sure NVIDIA will respond again leaving AMD behind again but themselves taking advantage of 7nm process.

Associate
AMD are all about 7nm, so it's hardly a hint that they'll be talking about their 7nm products. Now, as hint at 700 series gaming cards it's a different matter...

They even stated at their conference call, that the event will be about their datacenter 7nm products. I expect a Vega20 Launch and Rome pre-release infos. It will be great to see how Vega20 looks, as it gives us big hints how much process improvements navi will get from 7nm.

Associate
What's the usual timescale for third party GPUs to become available after the release? Are we looking 2020 do you reckon?

Man of Honour
Yeah well he said next couple of months and it flashed up Navi for like a split second. Seems like confirmation to me.

The context of his words when Navi flashed up was information not actual releases though. You'll probably be riding out a bit longer on that 1060.

Soldato
^^ Tbf, this card is actually coping pretty well at 1080P / 1440P. My vram seems to pick up the slack from lack of GPU ram. Stutter free at high settings. Ultra is a no no for 1440P.

Back
Top Bottom