• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Bulldozer Finally!

For them not to be delayed, better than Intel and no bugs or issues seems like to much to hope for, but I will wait hoping to be surprised.

As far as we have heard things are on schedule so nothing on the delay front. as for bugs I would love to think that AMD would take some serious time and effort in checking for these, after the whole TLB issue with the Phenom, so I wouldn't expect any major bugs with the early models, though that might just be wishful thinking! its been a long, long time in R&D so any major issues would be a very bad thing!

As for better than Intel, thats really not that valid when you look at the grand scheme of things for AMD, they are aiming Bulldozer at being very good at multi-threaded applications and server workloads more than anything else, so even if they don't outright take the performance crown from Intel in core vs. core performance (not relevant either, because the individual cores I would wager aren't intended to be compared to a rival core, since they take a very similar amount of die-space.), as long as Bulldozer is A) efficient B) good supply and C) very good at multi-threaded workloads (better than Intel) then I can't see it being anything but a success. Beating them in single-threaded workloads would just be a major plus, but as I pointed out I don't think thats the intention. :)

You'd think they'd try and release asap before people waiting for sandy bridge problems to be solved go ahead and buy. That's exactly my position Can't wait to see some testing results anyway so I where my future entertainment needs will depend on :)

So its another chess game, wait till april for the fixed sandybridge mobos..... or wait 8 weeks later for AMDS 8 core bulldozer

Or in my case just sit on my 775 system till middle of summer now that I have a new m/board on the way.

If AM3+ boards were out right now I would instead be sitting on that plus an AM3 CPU waiting for BD launch

Q2 = April 1 through June 30th.

As for rushing the part to market? I have 2 words for you: Sandy Bridge.

With complex products there is little benefit in rushing products to market. Wouldn't you rather have AMD making sure the product is 100% fit before releasing it?

Crap, Im so confused. I was going to go for a SB build, then changed my mind as I only want it for PS and lightroom, with some light FPS/RPG/RTS gaming so then decided on a Phenom 965. Now I might as well wait to see what bulldozer is like.
When are they going to be available to the public, in 25 days?

Crap, Im so confused. I was going to go for a SB build, then changed my mind as I only want it for PS and lightroom, with some light FPS/RPG/RTS gaming so then decided on a Phenom 965. Now I might as well wait to see what bulldozer is like.
When are they going to be available to the public, in 25 days?

They may show some tibits of info perhaps showing working examples... but its all ifs and buts and nothing concrete, id expect BD to arrive to public and for sale around June if not before.

Nothing wrong with an Phenom or an old Socket 775 quad system, as long as you got a fairly powerful graphics card your sorted for a while yet, im quite happy with my Q6600 (at stock) with a 5870 :)

Do you think it's worth waiting for Bulldozer or wait until SB is sorted?

I'm planning on building a new computer soon and I still have to wait around a month or so but unsure what to go for

Do you think it's worth waiting for Bulldozer or wait until SB is sorted?

I'm planning on building a new computer soon and I still have to wait around a month or so but unsure what to go for

Well Bulldozer will be announced by then and the Sandybridge issue isn't really a problem.

I'm most interested in the 25-35w laptop chips because to be able to have decent graphics in a laptop without paying a premium for discrete laptop gpu's will be a nice change,i hope they announce a 400sp gpu configuration for the laptop market

Back
Top Bottom