• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD CES 2019 - thread with stream link

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just seen the news. So £650-£700 for around 1080Ti performance? Bit of a fail tbh as that has been available for around 2 years now. Not that I was expecting much from AMD on the graphics front anyway. As I have said before, it won't be until post Navi they get back in the game imo, so 2021 probably.

This is not Navi right? Any idea when that is coming out?

What I am a lot more interested in Ryzen 3000, that looks like a winner :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Likewise. If some of the specs around are right, either 8c16 or 16c32 would be my choice. Probably go with the latter if the gaming performance is on par and keep it 4+ years.
Yeah. My haswell build will have lasted 6 years at least, so it will last that long easily. If all the spectre and meltdown issues are fixed in hardware I may get the 8c16 for now and then either upgrade to 16c32 later or pass that build along to my partner and get a fresh AM5 build for myself a couple of years later.

Soldato
Well that is one in the eye for all those who said it wouldn't happen...lol:p

People was saying on here no 7nm VEGA GPU for gaming from AMD ? LOL what was I saying! VEGA before Navi !!

All those 7nm GPU naysayers

The information that AMD weren't making a 7nm gaming Vega, came directly from AMD. They said it several times.

I am one of those "naysayers" what ever that means. And what us "naysayers" were saying if the GPU was going to be released that it would be expensive and not any faster than a 1080Ti.

Who will buy one of these over a 2080? Especially when the 2080's are probably going to be cheaper, quieter and come with Ray Tracing. The $699 price is only for a limited time. And the 2080's are already cheaper than that.

This is a worse GPU launch than the first Vega.

Soldato
Just seen the news. So £650-£700 for around 1080Ti performance? Bit of a fail tbh as that has been available for around 2 years now. Not that I was expecting much from AMD on the graphics front anyway. As I have said before, it won't be until post Navi they get back in the game imo, so 2021 probably

Wasn't expecting them to release a gaming version of the Vega II, but they have. It might have made sense if they priced it at £500 and under and replaced the current Vegas at that price point. But, no, they are more expensive and no challenge at all to the 2080. I was giving out about the 2080's performance and price, Vega II is worse.

Soldato
OP
The information that AMD weren't making a 7nm gaming Vega, came directly from AMD. They said it several times.

I am one of those "naysayers" what ever that means. And what us "naysayers" were saying if the GPU was going to be released that it would be expensive and not any faster than a 1080Ti.

Who will buy one of these over a 2080? Especially when the 2080's are probably going to be cheaper, quieter and come with Ray Tracing. The $699 price is only for a limited time. And the 2080's are already cheaper than that.

Am struggling to find information that amd directly said they wouldn't make a gaming 7nm GPU?

This was the general write up about 7nm professional card from Web sites.

"It remains to be seen if AMD will release a 7nm Vega GPU for consumers, or if it will wait for Navi."

Nowhere can I find amd publicly statement saying no 7nm gaming. I think ocuk forum in typical fantasy world came up with new stories or some rubbish Web site posted so crap.

Associate

As I mentioned multiple time there keynote pre release slide did mention a 7nm gaming GPU. To my knowledge AMD Dient say they wouldn't do a 7nm gaming card Vega or otherwise and considering a GPU takes around 5 years to plan.

Soldato
As I mentioned multiple time there keynote pre release slide did mention a 7nm gaming GPU. To my knowledge AMD Dient say they wouldn't do a 7nm gaming card Vega or otherwise and considering a GPU takes around 5 years to plan.

Navi is 7nm and the future of AMD, so most people presumed that's the 7nm GPU She was going to be talking about. Which makes me worry about the timeline and the performance of Navi.

Caporegime
VEGA 7 could be the APU GPU though like mobile processors have VEGA atm

Sure looks like Ryzen 3000 CPU with VEGA 7 GPU if that really was 100fps at 1080p gaming then WOW!! Playstation 5 is going to be a monster!
aa.png

Thats not an APU, its a CPU.

Its how AMD are doing CPU's now, its actually really good, the big chip is the Uncore/IO die, the small chip are the CPU cores themselves, its either 8 or 16 per chiplet, i think its 16 given that EPYC 2 has 64 cores, if you want 32 cores you add another one of those, 64 add another 3.....

Anyway,

Vega 7 = good GPU but too much money.
Ryzen 3000, fantastic, i suspect the one demoed is a mid range 3600X, the replacement for the 2600X, tho with 8 cores that are faster than Intel Coffeelake, the 3800X will have 16 cores.

Soldato
Missed the stream but a 2080 competitor for $100 less than a 2080 is a decent sell.

Where is the $100 cheaper than the 2080 coming from? It's $699 and that's only for a limited time. There are 2080's selling for $699 now.

Slower, more power consumption, no extra features like Ray Tracing or DLSS on the 2080. Not a decent sell at all. The same complaints I levelled at the 2080 at launch can now be applied to the Vega II card.

Associate
Navi is 7nm and the future of AMD, so most people presumed that's the 7nm GPU She was going to be talking about. Which makes me worry about the timeline and the performance of Navi.
You know what they say about presumption :p:D Navi will be in the ps5 anything else is to expesnive. No need to worry just yet.

Back
Top Bottom