• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD confirms Ryzen 7 5800X3D launches this spring, Zen4 Raphael in 2H 2022

Caporegime
That could be a simple decision then, combined with 1440p and maybe a 4K monitor later I should be good for quite a few years. Just need to sell a kidney or three to buy a new GPU :cry:

It looks like i'll be waiting for the next round, probably something from the ##60 segment this time instead of the ##70 segment but even that should still be significantly better than my Turing card.

Unless 2023 has another surprise waiting for us...

Soldato
It looks like i'll be waiting for the next round, probably something from the ##60 segment this time instead of the ##70 segment but even that should still be significantly better than my Turing card.

Yes a 2070 Super is still a decent card. I'll just see what I can get for up to £500, hopefully something a fair bit better than my 5700XT (sold for £850 :cool:).

Soldato
The early Milan-X benchmarks look very impressive indeed. Do you think this might mean that the 5800X3D will be better than people generally expect? I'm rather hoping AMD are underpromising and will be overdelivering.

Soldato

Highly likely. Leaders around the world are going "insert profanity word here" at the moment and chaos usually means that someone somewhere will make a ton of money on the consumers. I don't see this trend shifting anytime toon. Lets hope I'm wrong.

Soldato
The early Milan-X benchmarks look very impressive indeed. Do you think this might mean that the 5800X3D will be better than people generally expect? I'm rather hoping AMD are underpromising and will be overdelivering.

With some luck, should be good for 4K for quite a while.

Soldato
Associate
Soldato
This is gonna be a right yoyo of a product. Will have to see the full reviews and benches to see how it is but i suspect it won't be enough to take the crown from intel.

Another drawback of progress is that it makes your current purchase look crap. Those with high end haswell/skylake cpus had a good run knowing they not need to upgrade for many years.
If amd and nvidia now keeps the ipc gain happening then id hate to be sitting out on hardware thats 3 years old. May be down on 50% ipc lol

Soldato
If amd and nvidia now keeps the ipc gain happening then id hate to be sitting out on hardware thats 3 years old. May be down on 50% ipc lol

Faster new hardware doesn't make your old hardware slower than when you bought it.

Your old hardware may cease to function as a status symbol though.

Soldato
Providing your CPU is atleast a coffee lake with enough cores or a early ryzen which can be upgraded to the latest ones then gaming shouldn't be an issue. If your on kaby lake and older or pre ryzen then it's probably a good time to upgrade before prices start to climb again with the next gen parts.

Soldato
This is gonna be a right yoyo of a product. Will have to see the full reviews and benches to see how it is but i suspect it won't be enough to take the crown from intel.

Another drawback of progress is that it makes your current purchase look crap. Those with high end haswell/skylake cpus had a good run knowing they not need to upgrade for many years.

Yep downside of rapid IPC progress.

My 9900k feels dated when I check latest gen IPC graphs. Software progresses with hardware, software devs tend to make sure out of lazyness or maybe affiliation with hardware companies they fully utilise the new stuff, which makes obsolescence happen faster.

Associate
When I compared my 9900k vs 12600k and the same ddr4 kit oc’d to the max for daily stable, at 1080p for high fps gaming the 12600k was just a clear favorite. You can search my post history to find the screenshots.

When moving to 3440x1440 the advantage was move obvious in min fps scenarios and less so on average due to gpu bound scenarios.

Soldato
I will probably upgrade if a new instruction set comes out thats needed a lot. Lack of avx and avx2 was my main reason for going from 1st gen core i7 to zen.
If avx512 gets a big gathering or avx3 or avx1024 etc etc then i gonna have to jump

Soldato
Not sure yet but reason i needed avx was when in lockdown the kiddo was working from home and kicking off because in teams video you cant change video background green screen style since cpu didn't have avx instructions.
All depends on what the future holds

Back
Top Bottom