• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD freesync coming soon, no extra costs.... shocker

You've failed to address any of the things you made up, the bold claims you've made that are incorrect or really anything else.

a very quick recap
1/ you claim it's toshiba technology, not amd's
2/ I call BS
3/you say I'm twisting things
4/ you imply I was saying it was an AMD panel but it's a toshiba panel
5/ i point out I never claimed it was AMD tech, nor an AMD panel but it's rather ridiculous to claim it's toshiba tech when you don't know if it's a toshiba screen.

I'm not clutching at straws, it was pointing out the weakness of YOUR argument. Your counter, as is usual for someone who has nothing to stand on, was to imply this was the basis of my argument... even though you are the one clutching to the idea it's Toshiba tech, not me.

Why would Nvidia patent a Vesa standard, beyond the impossibility of it there is no implication of this, nor accusation from anyone besides, by your own words, you twisting what I've said to imply this.

Nvidia has 3dvision.... nothing in 3dvision isn't an industry standard. A 3dvision screen updates the screen 120 times a second. It's a 120hz screen, nothing more or less. 3dvision is a brand name. You can trademark brand names for pretty much any technology you want.

The same way almost every tv manufacturer has a different name for their 100/200hz implementations. Sony call it truevision, Panasonic call it "football that is less sucky to watch". Trademarks for almost identical technology from multiple companies is incredibly common, in fact pretty much industry standard. I have consistently said that this is what I believe g-sync will eventually end up has, identical hardware 6 months from now, Nvidia call it one name on their feature list, AMD call it something else, Intel call it something else.

Once again, I haven't claimed that g-sync works identically to freesync, I said it gives the same effect, which is all the end user remotely cares about.

Again, I ended it with 'LOL'. Although AMD are still making use of the standard freely so it's still true to a degree. You're getting hung up on that one particular thing and stalling.

If it's not a possibility that they're using VESA standards, then it is IMPLIED that they are using it by yourself as you're comparing it directly to Freesync saying I told you so.

I'm not interested in what other patents you know about lol. Infuriating. I'm out. At Face value if Nvidia are not using an industry standard technology within their G-Sync scalers then I can't see how it is the same as V-Sync as you clearly implied in your original post.

Please don't mention Toshiba again

Last edited:
Its very likely a miss spelling which i do a lot because im lazy when it comes to typing.

He does it all the times which lead me to believe he thinks ridiculous is spelled like that.

Pedantic I know but the constant regurgitation of walls of text was getting boring.

He's been using it here as an alternative for the proper word for a long time, so its not actually an error. :)

EDIT

Otherwise Rusty would have pulled him up on it ages ago! :p

I need Rusty to give me a good kick up the backside :o

I'm actually Dyslexic, i depend up Google Spelling Checker to double check the words that i type out, i can't always see if the spelling is right or not as it all just blurs together, to often Google corrects it with a similar word thats not actually the right word, again i can't always see that.

Now you know.

Again, I ended it with 'LOL'. Although AMD are still making use of the standard freely so it's still true to a degree. You're getting hung up on that one particular thing and stalling.

If it's not a possibility that they're using VESA standards, then it is IMPLIED that they are using it by yourself as you're comparing it directly to Freesync saying I told you so.

I'm not interested in what other patents you know about lol. Infuriating

Actually you ended the line about it being free, with "lol", thus not implying it had anything to do with the toshiba tech statement.

Second, I'm getting hung up on nothing, YOU are, it was YOUR argument, I'm pointing that out to you, once again. I don't care whose screen it is, YOUR argument was based on it, you went back to it, you brought up Toshiba panel in another post, not me.

I also didn't claim they aren't using Vesa standards, show me where I did, I said it would be impossible to PATENT a vesa standard for themselves, I didn't bring up other patents, at all... so I find it hard for you to find something I didn't do, infuriating.

Please show me where my argument said Nvidia was using the Vesa standard, or was impossible to use it, or where I said using it was the basis of my comparison, or explain why I can't compare g-sync and freesync unless they use the same standard......

What precisely am I stalling on? When you make up weird new crap in every post is it not surprising I haven't already addressed it previously?

Last edited:

I'm actually Dyslexic, i depend up Google Spelling Checker to double check the words that i type out, i can't always see if the spelling is right or not as it all just blurs together, to often Google corrects it with a similar word thats not actually the right word, again i can't always see that.

Now you know.

I type in the dark most of the time so cant see the keys, plus my typing lags way behind to what im thinking so letters and words get missed out so i try to cut corners using the built in FF spell checker which is awful without really checking that the correction was actually correct.

Last edited:
...I'm out...
Good call :) cause y not making much sense to me either fella, heh! ^_^; y'v really went off the rails nd a can't see what y point originally was beyond 'smiley' or "LOL" making what you said a joke. :confused:

Just be happy that all users may see a solution and we'll compare them later, when we can compare how effective each implementation is.

I type in the dark most of the time so cant see the keys plus, my typing lags way behind to what im thinking so letters and words get missed out so i try to cut corners using the built in FF spell checker which is awful without really checking that the correction was actually correct.

Its Typing habits, i type far to fast and have a built in subconscious pastern.

If i miss-spell a word i miss-spell it all the time because its like an automatic routine, inevitably the spelling checker replaces the same miss-spelt word with the same wrong word over and over again. thats what some of you are seeing when reading my posts with the same strangely out of context word over and over again.

Its a case of needing to break my typing habits and start again. Slow down, spell out the words as i type.

Anyway, back on topic.

Last edited:

Now you know.

Off topic, but have you tried different coloured screen filters? iirc that was something they tested me with in the forces, somethig to do with how the eyes perceive words under certain light filters. Worked with a guy who put a yellow filter over his paperwork, said it helped him no end :)

Off topic, but have you tried different coloured screen filters? iirc that was something they tested me with in the forces, somethig to do with how the eyes perceive words under certain light filters. Worked with a guy who put a yellow filter over his paperwork, said it helped him no end :)

I know what you mean, high contrasting colours and all that, yes had the same advice after tests and it does help a lot, so does letter enlargement and a cleaner type face, but to be honest i find it more or a chew on messing on with different colour and type face settings and switching between them.

I'm lucky, its not that bad for me.

Now you know.

Ah sorry, my bad didn't realise.

Its ok. you do now :)

Crap and here was me saying you were doing it on purpose. Sorry man. :p

Back
Top Bottom