• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD freesync coming soon, no extra costs.... shocker

Adaptive v-sync works on any monitor as well and doesn't require monitor hardware support like Freesync.

So it's just another publicity stunt right now while NVidia owners have had adaptive vsync for however many months.

AMD owners have had DynamicVsync capability for a long time now via RadeonPro.

Yep it was me who first had the joke about it. Ltmatt took it from there.

Naw. :(

Credit to you, didn't realise. I prefer my implementation though without the - inbetween. :p

Its clearly not adaptive v sync or it would work on any monitor. The monitor has to have a certain feature for it to work. I suggest you go read some articles.

Freesync has the added benefit of being more power efficient compared to adaptive v-sync, v-sync still needs to be enabled though. G-sync is designed to eliminate v-sync and the input lag that it creates above 60fps, not just smooth out the sub 60fps region.

Seeing as AMD have no plans to release it, I will assume it's not as good as they're making out and they're just trying to urinate on Nvidia's g-sync parade.

My bad I've not had an AMD for a while, I got sick of them relying on 3rd parties to do their work for them while I suffered with problems and they just moaned at NVidia.

My bad I've not had an AMD for a while, I got sick of them relying on 3rd parties to do their work for them while I suffered with problems and they just moaned at NVidia.

AMD do help JapAMD with RadeonPro :p The reason and I have asked him couple time why his work dont get added to the amd driver is quite simple really.

RadeonPro use's advanced features that can break games forcing them to crash or glitch if the USER does not know what he/she is doing.
For this Reason RadeonPro is the AMD user advanced tool to play with.

With RadeonPro 2.0 AMD have help the Dev with stuff for Eyefinity.

AMD do help JapAMD with RadeonPro :p The reason and I have asked him couple time why his work dont get added to the amd driver is quite simple really.

RadeonPro use's advanced features that can break games forcing them to crash or glitch if the USER does not know what he/she is doing.

Aye RadeonPro does a lot of things.

I just tried out the new version and it seems that they've fixed a annoying bug from the old version that would cause the visual page to flash.

Freesync has the added benefit of being more power efficient compared to adaptive v-sync, v-sync still needs to be enabled though. G-sync is designed to eliminate v-sync and the input lag that it creates above 60fps, not just smooth out the sub 60fps region.

Seeing as AMD have no plans to release it, I will assume it's not as good as they're making out and they're just trying to urinate on Nvidia's g-sync parade.

Does it require v-sync enabled?

Funny how enabling Vsync or adaptive V-sync in Nvidia drivers don't crash anything..

Sure, adding Vsync can alter yout Fps a lot, but no crashes. Not a reason to limit the drivers imo :P

Woohoo, call me a fanboy. I love that feature tbh, I don't notice input lag but it stops the damn tearing and stutter.

Looking forward to RP 2.0, its going to be mind blowing.

Its good to be an AMD owner right now, Great GPU's, Great Features, Don't Cost The Earth. :)

I assume there will be plans to release it when monitor manufacturer's get more supported monitors out there. If they can demo it working i doubt it would take to much time for them to release some software.

Anyhow i think Nvidia knew this was not far off from coming out and decided to jump in with G-sync to make some extra bucks while they can. G-sync when this takes hold will likely become pretty redundant as most people don't like being locked to one vendor.

G-sync, is on current NVIDIA cards but you will need a new monitor.
FreeSync may someday be on current AMD cards but you will (probably) need a new monitor.

Same tech, with same limitations then?

G-sync, is on current NVIDIA cards but you will need a new monitor.
FreeSync may someday be on current AMD cards but you will (probably) need a new monitor.

Same tech, with same limitations then?
FreeSync should be able to come to all cards not just AMD though, so you don't have to match your monitor and graphics cards.

If Nvidia add it to their Drivers. Good luck with that ^^^^

Funny how enabling Vsync or adaptive V-sync in Nvidia drivers don't crash anything..

Sure, adding Vsync can alter yout Fps a lot, but no crashes. Not a reason to limit the drivers imo :P

Woohoo, call me a fanboy. I love that feature tbh, I don't notice input lag but it stops the damn tearing and stutter.

RadeonPro comes with API and Hardware level programming tools. Not the sort of stuff you should be messing about with if you don't know what your doing, thats why its not included in vendor Drivers.

Naw. :(

Credit to you, didn't realise. I prefer my implementation though without the - inbetween. :p

I just thought it would be funny at the time as DM was always saying it's nothing that can't be done for pretty much nothing.

RadeonPro comes with API and Hardware level programming tools. Not the sort of stuff you should be messing about with if you don't know what your doing, thats why its not included in vendor Drivers.

Indeed, but I meant some of the features on the RadeonPro could be included in the drivers, but for some reason, they are not. AMD's "adaptive Vsync" for one.

Nvidia does have the corresponding ones.

It's a fight in the thread already, i'll contribute this to it :P

Indeed, but I meant some of the features on the RadeonPro could be included in the drivers, but for some reason, they are not. AMD's "adaptive Vsync" for one.

Nvidia does have the corresponding ones.

It's a fight in the thread already, i'll contribute this to it :P

RP is a very good app full of really good stuff, yes AMD could split it up and add things like ADVS to CCC.

Personally i'd prefer it if they didn't, i prefer to keep all of that functionality in one good app, thats exactly what RP is.

Hell i don't even have CCC installed.

Has this been spotted yet? Interesting. it may explain Nvidia's reasons for going down the hardware rout.

http://techreport.com/news/25867/amd-could-counter-nvidia-g-sync-with-simpler-free-sync-tech

Koduri's puzzlement over Nvidia's use of external hardware was resolved when I spoke with him again later in the day. His new theory is that the display controller in Nvidia's current GPUs simply can't support variable refresh intervals, hence the need for an external G-Sync unit. That would explain things. I haven't yet had time to confirm this detail with Nvidia or to quiz them about whether G-Sync essentially does triple-buffering in the module. Nvidia has so far been deliberately vague about certain specifics of how G-Sync works, so we'll need to pry a little in order to better understand the situation.

It's not just about Vsync
You can Force games to use 120hz if you wanted to Fifa 14 being one of the games default it's lock @60hz With RadeonPro I can force that game to use 120hz

RP offer's so much Overclocking on application basses like have one game OC 900/1250 or have another game 1000/1500 etc
Force games to have ambulant occlusion like CSGO or TF2

The option are endless

Back
Top Bottom