• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***AMD Freesync owners thread***

Caporegime
I honestly think its a tech that needs to mature before its worth buying, the range of refresh rates supported are pathetic currently. Be more interested when they do a 4k with a good range of supported refresh rates, this 48 to 75 pish just doesn't cut it imo.

Caporegime
I honestly think its a tech that needs to mature before its worth buying, the range of refresh rates supported are pathetic currently. Be more interested when they do a 4k with a good range of supported refresh rates, this 48 to 75 pish just doesn't cut it imo.

It comes down to the panels not the adaptive/free sync tech.

Benq does 40-144HZ

Soldato
Right are you saying that when you have Freesync off that you notice tearing at 300fps but you dont notice tearing at 300fps when you have FreeSync on?.

Correct

The latency is so low that you cant see the tearing.So many frames per second

Nar man, soon has I disable Freesync and look for tearing I can see it.. Go example is running looking at floor..

Soldato
Correct

Nar man, soon has I disable Freesync and look for tearing I can see it.. Go example is running looking at floor..

Placebo, or bug.
Either freesync is on and you are seeing 144hz, or freesync is off (as it is supposed to turn itself off over the monitors refresh rate) and the tearing is identical but your brain is refusing to register it.

Soldato
Placebo, or bug.
Either freesync is on and you are seeing 144hz, or freesync is off (as it is supposed to turn itself off over the monitors refresh rate) and the tearing is identical but your brain is refusing to register it.

Freesync doesn't work outside of the 40-144hz range so either VSYNC is being forced or something else is at play.

But why soon as I switch off Freesync I see tearing? Vsync isn't on in game.. Only setting I change is Freesync enabled or disabled in settings..

Am going to see if recording picks it up.

Soldato
I would have thought that over 144fps screen-tear would be visible?

Interesting...

Yeah.. Now am very used to ignoring screen tear always have.. But that don't stop me from noticing it when I look for it.. I even know the best places on csgo to notice it.. Running looking at floor is one, another is the telephones cables..

I don't understand it, not tried any other games over refresh rate yet..

But so far battlefield hardline and battlefield 4 use Freesync very well..

Back
Top Bottom