• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***AMD Freesync owners thread***

Soldato
Ghosting on the BenQ... Is they ghosting on the BenQ? With or without Freesync on stock factory settings Yes..
Is it possible to fix it with simple tweak? Yes..

The contrast on the BenQ and AMA settings is set far to high, because it's a competitive gaming monitor they reduce all the brightness and colour to make it easy to spot people.. My older BenQ was the same..

Some tweaking of contrast lower down to 40% and change AMA to high from premium... Ghosting is now gone.. I also switch from FPS mode to standard.

Caporegime
Ghosting on the BenQ... Is they ghosting on the BenQ? With or without Freesync on stock factory settings Yes..
Is it possible to fix it with simple tweak? Yes..

The contrast on the BenQ and AMA settings is set far to high, because it's a competitive gaming monitor they reduce all the brightness and colour to make it easy to spot people.. My older BenQ was the same..

Some tweaking of contrast lower down to 40% and change AMA to high from premium... Ghosting is now gone.. I also switch from FPS mode to standard.

Thanks for sharing that.

Soldato
So the off setting wasn't the best then :p

I knew AMA at high was the best setting to reduce ghosting, it always has been on every BenQ I've seen reviewed.

No it turns out the after playing more with the settings that contrast was the biggest issue here.. It was far to high.
I used display calibration patterns to adjust and 40% is the spot where ghosting was completely gone while keeping detail in contrast..

Another simple way us enable dynamic contrast but I find it added to much contrast and you lost details in some white.

So yeah I was wrong with AMA setting to some point :D
Thanks for sharing that.

No problem
It's one thing BenQ get back lash for its there choice on stock factory settings.. If you know what you doing yiu can get some very good IQ from the display.
But after all its aimed at competitive gaming that were there market is, one reason they used in most of the csgo competitive leagues is there response time is unreal.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They were also using this monitor in the last league of legends tournament.

I'll test the contrast now at 40, didn't realise it had an affect on ghosting.

But yeah with AMA off I spotted ghosting in FIFA straight away, there was a trail behind the players and ball.

Caporegime
Crap review site and I already discussed the review. They completely excuse the flickering below 40-45hz that g-sync induces/allows on the Asus Swift, Anandtech also spot the problem months and months later on a full production model. Rather than as per Anandtech's suggestion which is to refresh at 2-3 times the frame rate when below certain thresholds they fail to do this.

Having a 144hz screen that is refreshing as low as 30hz is pathetic. afaik only below 30fps will it start add frame refreshes but they are still at far to low a refresh rate.

Crap review excused a fundamental g-sync problem and blamed a screen setting on freesync.... as expected basically. While g-sync is giving you a fundamentally flawed and flicker including experience, freesync is going out of it's way to sensible adhere to monitor/panel/manufacturer recommendations and keeping the refresh rate above that at which flicker will be visible.

Allowing flicker due to stupidly allowing level refresh rate than the panel was designed for is quite clearly the worse method.

Caporegime
Crap review site and I already discussed the review. They completely excuse the flickering below 40-45hz that g-sync induces/allows on the Asus Swift, Anandtech also spot the problem months and months later on a full production model. Rather than as per Anandtech's suggestion which is to refresh at 2-3 times the frame rate when below certain thresholds they fail to do this.

Having a 144hz screen that is refreshing as low as 30hz is pathetic. afaik only below 30fps will it start add frame refreshes but they are still at far to low a refresh rate.

Crap review excused a fundamental g-sync problem and blamed a screen setting on freesync.... as expected basically. While g-sync is giving you a fundamentally flawed and flicker including experience, freesync is going out of it's way to sensible adhere to monitor/panel/manufacturer recommendations and keeping the refresh rate above that at which flicker will be visible.

Allowing flicker due to stupidly allowing level refresh rate than the panel was designed for is quite clearly the worse method.

You are just talking absolute garbage about G-Sync and basing your whole flawed argument on early review samples. Just FYI, I run G-Sync and never get flickering except if I alt and tab out and that is literally a split second.

You totally ignore what anyone has to say and keep banging the same garbage. Compare the 2 by all means and link to shiny reviews as well but give it up with the G-Sync nonsense please. Tiresome droning is all I am reading from you.

Soldato
Crap review site

I bet you weren't saying that when they published their findings on the vram issues surrounding the gtx970. :o

It's a shame freesync monitors have just hit the market, I bought a brand new Korean ips 1440p display only 18 months ago but from I've read the benefits of this technology could make up for the short comings of switching to a TN display. Is there any news of a 1440p freesync IPS panel hitting the market any time soon?

Back
Top Bottom