• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD - How To Overclock The Official Way Using Afterburner + Step By Step Overclocking Guide + Comple

With AB 2.3.0, caps are raised right out of the box. I no longer need to use atipdlxx.dll or the /xcl switch.

That's strange. My limits were still 1125/1575.

Anyway, reason why I'm posting is because I just noticed my idle clocks are now at 500/1375. The only thing I've changed in the past few days is applying this fix. Has anyone else had the same problem with this fix?

I probably didn't do it right but I'd be interested to know if anyone had a similar experience before I go through the whole process again.

That's strange. My limits were still 1125/1575.

Anyway, reason why I'm posting is because I just noticed my idle clocks are now at 500/1375. The only thing I've changed in the past few days is applying this fix. Has anyone else had the same problem with this fix?

I probably didn't do it right but I'd be interested to know if anyone had a similar experience before I go through the whole process again.

Now that you bring it up, I actually only re-installed AB and not AMD drivers, so that might have something to do with not having to apply /xcl again.

My idle clocks are still wrong with Beta 8, haven't been able to go below 300/600 with any of the 12.11 versions.

Yep. Still a lot of strangeness with these drivers. That's why they're still betas I suppose!

Everything seems to be fine with me when I have the latest beta drivers and the latest AB, but if I apply Matt's fix I get the odd screen flicker (not related to memory clock changes) and/or my memory refuses to downclock. So that means I'm stuck with an overclock of 1125/1575 until some other kind of workaround comes along or the current problems are ironed out with the 12.11s.

Yep. Still a lot of strangeness with these drivers. That's why they're still betas I suppose!

Everything seems to be fine with me when I have the latest beta drivers and the latest AB, but if I apply Matt's fix I get the odd screen flicker (not related to memory clock changes) and/or my memory refuses to downclock. So that means I'm stuck with an overclock of 1125/1575 until some other kind of workaround comes along or the current problems are ironed out with the 12.11s.

Are you using dual screens?

If I just overclock the cards (CF setup), without going OTT (say 1125/1325) do I need still need to do this for any particular reason? It seems like I have plenty to work with in AB 2.30 still if I needed to, and I haven't enabled unofficial overclocking.

Which version of Afterburner should you use? cheers :)

Latest version.

If I just overclock the cards (CF setup), without going OTT (say 1125/1325) do I need still need to do this for any particular reason? It seems like I have plenty to work with in AB 2.30 still if I needed to, and I haven't enabled unofficial overclocking.

No you don't unless you want to use afterburner or the OSD. The /xcl command + the dll file only expands the clock limits imposed by AMD.

Use /rcl to restore default clock limits.

Which card do you have?

I uninstalled afterburner, didnt keep files and delete the dll. Then i used atiman uninstaller. Reinstall drivers+caps, restarted. Ran the /xcl command and it worked.

If the DLL is not needed then i definitely wouldn't use it as it could potentially conflict with something.

I uninstalled afterburner, didnt keep files and delete the dll. Then i used atiman uninstaller. Reinstall drivers+caps, restarted. Ran the /xcl command and it worked.

If the DLL is not needed then i definitely wouldn't use it as it could potentially conflict with something.

I'll try without the .dll file tomorrow, only installed the new drivers today using the .dll file. Have you got a link to atiman uninstaller?

Back
Top Bottom