• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Launches FMF2-Amd Fluid Motion Frames 2

looks like multi-gpu is making a comeback (albeit in a very narrow sense):
https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-AFMF2-TECH-Preview.html

Multi-GPU Configurations​

• For any hybrid-graphics configuration, AFMF 2 will use the displaying GPU for frame generation, allowing the render GPU to focus on the game.
Seems like a tidy way to sell twice as many GPUs :D

Or, perhaps less cynically, to give old GPUs lying in the cupboard a new lease of life!
I'm thinking along the lines of onboard 6/7 series AMD gfx(FMF2 output) running mgpu with say a 3060(or higher) discrete eg laptop/apu use.

Using an older GPU in multi GPU would give poor results imo as the GPU running FMF2 wouldn't be rendering, it would be the old GPU doing that job

@Stanners
Any chance we can get this thread moved here?:

Thanks

Downloaded it and tried watching in VLC Player but it kept freezing (time kept going but image stopped). Not sure what was up with that.
Got it working in the default Windows Media Player once it downloaded the AV1 codec. Still looks juddery to me. Also tried watching it direct on Google Drive (looks like YouTube player but I'm guessing without the compression issues?), but again it looked juddery.
To be fair I only watched the 3rd run each time, the other might have been better. Also need to remember that by this point I'm looking for it.

looks like multi-gpu is making a comeback (albeit in a very narrow sense):
https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-AFMF2-TECH-Preview.html

Multi-GPU Configurations​

• For any hybrid-graphics configuration, AFMF 2 will use the displaying GPU for frame generation, allowing the render GPU to focus on the game.

It would be nice if in full AMD setups if the iGPU on the 7000 series or newer could handle the frame gen aspect while the GPU handles the rendering of frames.

@Stanners
Any chance we can get this thread moved here?:

Thanks

Done :)

That sound like it was going outside the VRR range. What is the V-Sync limit and what refresh rate is your monitor set at?

Also you do realise using vsync with a VRR monitor is still using VRR, or do you disable VRR in the monitor settings?

Its a LG 38GN950-B like this. Vsync is on framerate limit is set to 144 which is the same as the monitor, 144hz via this as vanilla bethesda options are appalling :(. I've no idea about anything else honestly this stuff flies right over my head. :o

Back
Top Bottom