• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Launches FMF2-Amd Fluid Motion Frames 2

I can't help but feel I'm getting lost in all these settings.:confused:
Can someone explain what I should have enabled or disabled for the best experience.
I game at 3440 x 1440 at 165hz. 7800X3D 7900XTX.
I normally have everything at Ultra and set the frame rate at 164 in game, V-Sync on.
I'm running the latest preview driver.
Thanks.;)

I still haven't played Cyberpunk yet, but noticed this from the latest patch notes:

Would be awesome to see a test of how well this works in game.
Apparently only FSR 3.0, so you can’t run frame generation without FSR upscaling. Intel XESS has been much better than FSR in CP2077.

So we’ll still need this preview driver to run XESS and FG.

Last edited:
I still haven't played Cyberpunk yet, but noticed this from the latest patch notes:

Finally gave in and dl'ed it (my main install is 2.1 modded, so was a hassle to switch around stuff). Unfortunately I can confirm what everyone's saying which is that FSR 3 is awful in this game. There's this somewhat jerkiness to it which defeats its purpose. I had played the FFXVI demo earlier and the FG in that game (also FSR) seemed fine, so dunno what to say. I find AFMF to still be better than FSR 3 FG in Cyberpunk, or even the modded FG versions. Even simpler - XeSS in Ultra Performance (at 4K) ran, looked and felt better than FSR 3 (Performance mode - so even with a pixel advantage it was worse), tho it still has its own downsides compared to FSR (just talking upscaling differences), but whatever.

Uninstalled this crap and back to my OG 2.1 back-up, where I use AFMF. It will stay this way until CDPR update it to FSR 3.1 and work some more on it (hah!) or when I switch to Nvidia. CDPR's fall unfortunately has started, so I don't expect much. Only way a proper update happens is if they go back to it & put in work for a PS5 Pro version and happen to tweak the PC version too.

Last edited:

Use the tech Preview driver AFMF2 and XESS set to quality, the game looks and runs a lot better than FSR 3 + frame gen CDPR did a really bad job of implementing it looks absolutely horrible in cyberpunk.

Actually, on the same day I had also played Frostpunk 2 with FSR 3 & FG on and it actually worked so well I even forgot about it lol.

So it's definitely an implementation issue in CP2077.

I'm confused.

AMAF2 doesn't work with V-Sync?

I decided to try Horizon 4 on my Asus ROG Ally with the AMAF2 preview drivers, and I turned all settings to max, I was getting about 30fps, I turned AMAF2 on and was getting around 60, I then turned V-Sync on, my frame rate was hovering around 80 and thinks seemed much smoother too?

@willhub Should work with VRR at least.

AFMF 2 currently requires the game to be played in exclusive or borderless fullscreen mode with V-SYNC disabled.
  • For a better visual experience, use AFMF 2 with a variable refresh rate-enabled display.

Back
Top Bottom